Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue passports 16:17 - Jan 23 with 3600 viewsPerublue

With no side to this at all other than interest....Has anyone got one yet ?
I have 2 of those travel documents winging there way over to Peru to replace mine and my daughters expired ones....have read that it could be either colour with the dates applied and being sent......But are the blueys actually out there

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Blue passports on 17:01 - Jan 23 with 3552 viewsfloridablue

Interested in this as mine has expired, couple of years ago and more or less land locked!
Blue passports on 17:33 - Jan 23 with 3524 viewsmanchego

I wouldn't mind a blue passport.
It will go nicely with my red Irish one.
Blue passports on 18:12 - Jan 23 with 3486 viewsPerublue

Blue passports on 17:01 - Jan 23 by floridablue

Interested in this as mine has expired, couple of years ago and more or less land locked!

I applied officially new years eve and for my daughters about a week later then fed ex collected all the docs from us a few days later after we fiddled around for the best price....and top tip here for anybody having to send more than 1 passport if your situation requires it....you can bundle them in together as long as the ref numbers of each applicant are clear on the envelope and all put organised inside too....therefore saving a stupid price ....which it will be from abroad for the courier sending it to Durham.......All that said they are on the way.....very quick turnaround.
I would get it done Florida .... we should have and we have risked making life harder than it is or could have been.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 18:14]

Blue passports on 18:15 - Jan 23 with 3481 viewsPerublue

Blue passports on 17:33 - Jan 23 by manchego

I wouldn't mind a blue passport.
It will go nicely with my red Irish one.

My daughter will have a red one too....Peruvian though

Blue passports on 18:21 - Jan 23 with 3469 viewsSwansea_Blue

It all seems a lot of trouble to go to when, if you want a blue passport, you can just buy a cover for a couple of quid.

Oh well. I’ve quite a few years left on mine unless they decide we can’t use the existing ones any more.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Blue passports on 18:45 - Jan 23 with 3453 viewsfloridablue

Blue passports on 18:15 - Jan 23 by Perublue

My daughter will have a red one too....Peruvian though

This is why I'm interested as to when the 'new' passports are issued. Mine has expired but really would prefer to wait for the new design.
Blue passports on 20:43 - Jan 23 with 3384 viewsPerublue

Blue passports on 18:21 - Jan 23 by Swansea_Blue

It all seems a lot of trouble to go to when, if you want a blue passport, you can just buy a cover for a couple of quid.

Oh well. I’ve quite a few years left on mine unless they decide we can’t use the existing ones any more.

Blue,red....rainbow....don't mind which colour ;-)

Blue passports on 20:44 - Jan 23 with 3381 viewsfactual_blue

Blue passports on 18:45 - Jan 23 by floridablue

This is why I'm interested as to when the 'new' passports are issued. Mine has expired but really would prefer to wait for the new design.

It's the crossover period. Some are burgundy at the moment, others blue. Once the burgundy ones are all gone, you'll get one of the French-made ones.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Blue passports on 20:46 - Jan 23 with 3380 viewsPerublue

From the GOV site florida.....btw the EU bit has already gone

The new blue passport design will start being issued from early 2020.

Blue passports will be phased in over a number of months. If you renew your passport during this initial period, you may be issued with either a blue or a burgundy British passport. All styles of passport will be equally valid for travel.

All British passports issued from mid-2020 will be blue.

Blue passports on 21:07 - Jan 23 with 3365 viewsBLUEBEAT

I renewed my passport early to make sure I have a burgundy UK&NI passport 🇪🇺

Goes well with my recently acquired Irish passport, too 🇮🇪

Poll: W or W

Blue passports on 23:13 - Jan 23 with 3282 viewsfloridablue

Blue passports on 20:46 - Jan 23 by Perublue

Blue passports will be phased in over a number of months. If you renew your passport during this initial period, you may be issued with either a blue or a burgundy British passport. All styles of passport will be equally valid for travel.

Thanks...then I really need to wait till it's the blue one issued....matches my US (also expired) one!
Blue passports on 00:06 - Jan 24 with 3255 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Blue passports on 20:44 - Jan 23 by factual_blue

It's the crossover period. Some are burgundy at the moment, others blue. Once the burgundy ones are all gone, you'll get one of the French-made ones.

Fantastic.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Blue passports on 09:11 - Jan 24 with 3172 viewsLeBlue

I've just got mine and my daughter's renewed, they arrived through the post on Wednesday.

Both are burgundy.

Only took 8 days from sending off the forms to receiving the ones, with helpful texts from HMPO keeping me updated. Pretty slick service all round really.
Blue passports on 09:17 - Jan 24 with 3161 viewsPinewoodblue

While it is a French / Dutch company who won the contract I am pretty sure they are in fact being made in Poland.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Blue passports on 09:28 - Jan 24 with 3143 viewsr2d2

Blue passports on 09:11 - Jan 24 by LeBlue

I've just got mine and my daughter's renewed, they arrived through the post on Wednesday.

Both are burgundy.

Only took 8 days from sending off the forms to receiving the ones, with helpful texts from HMPO keeping me updated. Pretty slick service all round really.

Yep, me and my misses did ours before xmas. Really was a slick process. They seem to have upped their game.
Blue passports on 09:32 - Jan 24 with 3124 viewsSouperJim

Blue passports on 20:46 - Jan 23 by Perublue

So if you want a quick turn-around on your passport, now is the time to do it, as all the rabid brexiteers will hold off until the last moment in the hope of getting a blue one.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Blue passports on 09:35 - Jan 24 with 3116 viewsr2d2

Blue passports on 09:32 - Jan 24 by SouperJim

So if you want a quick turn-around on your passport, now is the time to do it, as all the rabid brexiteers will hold off until the last moment in the hope of getting a blue one.

Im sure people arnt that petty. You cant keep labeling people.
Blue passports on 09:52 - Jan 24 with 3098 viewsSouperJim

Blue passports on 09:35 - Jan 24 by r2d2

Im sure people arnt that petty. You cant keep labeling people.

I'm sure they are.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Blue passports on 10:05 - Jan 24 with 3085 viewsNotSure

Blue passports on 18:21 - Jan 23 by Swansea_Blue

Free in the Daily Express ... Although you would think this was an advert in Private Eye or Viz

Blue passports on 11:35 - Jan 24 with 3029 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Blue passports on 09:17 - Jan 24 by Pinewoodblue

While it is a French / Dutch company who won the contract I am pretty sure they are in fact being made in Poland.

They'll do a fine job in Poland.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Blue passports on 14:07 - Jan 24 with 2950 viewsNo9

Blue passports on 11:35 - Jan 24 by The_Last_Baron

They'll do a fine job in Poland.

The UK doesn't have the basic skills & commercial competence to make its own pasport.
Can't make much else without materials & components coming from the EU either
Blue passports on 17:29 - Jan 31 with 2722 viewsPerublue

Just an update for those that might be interested in the result....They both JUST turned up on "Brexit day" no less......anyway.....they are............... Burgundy red....still a few in stock,waste not want not.

As mentioned previously,huge improvement in my experience in past dealings with this particular dept....in turnaround ,help.and professionalism in general.

Blue passports on 17:50 - Jan 31 with 2700 viewsBackToRussia

Why?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024