Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here 20:14 - Jan 23 with 9491 viewssparks

Still spreading love and understanding...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/23/sex-married-heterosexual-couples-c

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:17 - Jan 23 with 3446 viewsmonytowbray

This is why wrestling > God. Both are fake but at least wrestling embraces some level of homo eroticness.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:20 - Jan 23 with 3451 viewsvapour_trail

It’s quite breathtaking really.

Why are these extremists so bothered about what consenting people get up to together.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:21 - Jan 23 with 3441 viewsSwansea_Blue

You missed the sub-heading ‘...unless they’ve anally douched’

I only know this is a thing because the missus was recently watching some series about teens set in a college that seemed obsessed about sex. Looked like it was set in the Hay-on-Wye area.

Funny old world. And nowt funnier that people gaining control over others through the projection of sky pixies.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:23 - Jan 23 with 3430 viewsHARRY10

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:17 - Jan 23 by monytowbray

This is why wrestling > God. Both are fake but at least wrestling embraces some level of homo eroticness.

wheras the catholic church doesn't ?
C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:24 - Jan 23 with 3423 viewsJ2BLUE

I think this is great.

Such breathtaking arrogance will continue to push younger people away and religion will hopefully continue to lose influence in society.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:30 - Jan 23 with 3381 viewssparks

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:21 - Jan 23 by Swansea_Blue

You missed the sub-heading ‘...unless they’ve anally douched’

I only know this is a thing because the missus was recently watching some series about teens set in a college that seemed obsessed about sex. Looked like it was set in the Hay-on-Wye area.

Funny old world. And nowt funnier that people gaining control over others through the projection of sky pixies.

There was a thing in the states about teenagers indulging in anal sex, because it preserved "virginity".

Entertaining but arguably rather offensive song about it by Garfunkel & Oates. Worth looking up on youtube- but I will refrain from linking here out of consideration to those who find it objectionable (not that the CofE shows any consideration towards gay people...)

"God's Loophole" or "Garfunkel and oates loophole, should get you to the song. Which is both profane and clever.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 20:37]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:30 - Jan 23 with 3369 viewsDarth_Koont

And that's why churches are empty buildings except for Christmas and Easter when people want a singalong. And for weddings and funerals when Wetherspoons would just seem a bít too real.

Pronouns: He/Him

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:31 - Jan 23 with 3363 viewsDarth_Koont

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:17 - Jan 23 by monytowbray

Nah. Jesus is riiiiipped.

Login to get fewer ads

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:34 - Jan 23 with 3330 viewsmonytowbray

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:23 - Jan 23 by HARRY10

wheras the catholic church doesn't ?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a wrestler assault a child before...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:40 - Jan 23 with 3336 viewsfooters

God wasn't even man enough to pork Mary himself. Unless those frock-wearing fannies can answer that one, I won't be paying attention to their views. Hrmph.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 20:41]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:41 - Jan 23 with 3317 viewsDarth_Koont

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:30 - Jan 23 by sparks

There was a thing in the states about teenagers indulging in anal sex, because it preserved "virginity".

Entertaining but arguably rather offensive song about it by Garfunkel & Oates. Worth looking up on youtube- but I will refrain from linking here out of consideration to those who find it objectionable (not that the CofE shows any consideration towards gay people...)

"God's Loophole" or "Garfunkel and oates loophole, should get you to the song. Which is both profane and clever.

That's certainly been a big part of Italian courtship for centuries. Presumably many other Catholic countries too.

Probably deserves another thread entirely but never understood that. And even more the modern fixation with anal sex. It's a generational thing but not sure why. And not sure why many girls feel forced to go along with it.

A friend of mine who works with troubled teenagers says it's a huge problem for young girls nowadays.

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 21:49 - Jan 23 with 3196 viewsSwansea_Blue

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:30 - Jan 23 by sparks

Good grief. As I said, funny old world.

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:03 - Jan 23 with 3101 viewsClareBlue

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 20:40 - Jan 23 by footers

God wasn't even man enough to pork Mary himself. Unless those frock-wearing fannies can answer that one, I won't be paying attention to their views. Hrmph.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 20:41]

That is exteremely offessive. Just because you do not share the same belief does not give you the right to belittle some that might. Can you actually see this?
C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:08 - Jan 23 with 3080 viewsJ2BLUE

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:03 - Jan 23 by ClareBlue

That is exteremely offessive. Just because you do not share the same belief does not give you the right to belittle some that might. Can you actually see this?

It's more offensive for a minority of religious people to try and force their beliefs on everyone else. What gives them the right to try and tell people what they can or can't do within their narrow minded guidelines?

I think criticism is more than fair.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:10 - Jan 23 with 3069 viewssparks

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:03 - Jan 23 by ClareBlue

"I'm offended" isn't an argument.

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:11 - Jan 23 with 3066 viewsClareBlue

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:08 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

It's more offensive for a minority of religious people to try and force their beliefs on everyone else. What gives them the right to try and tell people what they can or can't do within their narrow minded guidelines?

sorry, when are any views 'forced' on anyone - we have a seperation of state and church. Nobody is forced to believe anything. What is wrong is you saying this about people whole have a bilief that is different to yours
C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:15 - Jan 23 with 3052 viewsClareBlue

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:10 - Jan 23 by sparks

"I'm offended" isn't an argument.

I said it was offence, which is is to me. I did not set up a thological argument.
C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:18 - Jan 23 with 3040 viewssparks

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:11 - Jan 23 by ClareBlue

sorry, when are any views 'forced' on anyone - we have a seperation of state and church. Nobody is forced to believe anything. What is wrong is you saying this about people whole have a bilief that is different to yours

No we don't. We have a large proportion of state religious schools, the queen is head of the church and there are bishops in the house of lords.

Even if that were not the case it would still be right and proper to highlight and stand up to bigotry when organisations with power and influence try to spread it.

You don't get to hide from valid criticism by claiming its about belittling people or about criticising those with different views, when it is the views that are being criticised.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 23:20]

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:20 - Jan 23 with 3029 viewsStokieBlue

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:11 - Jan 23 by ClareBlue

Not technically true.

There are 21 sitting bishops in the house of lords who are involved in political debates and thus can influence them.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:21 - Jan 23 with 3025 viewseireblue

“Many LGBT people within the church say they have been made to feel unwelcome”
C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:21 - Jan 23 with 3021 viewsSwansea_Blue

In fairness to footers, that's quite obviously one of her more tongue in cheek posts.

The Church does seem to have a major issue with reproduction. Although flippantly put by Footers, the Church doesn't seem to want to acknowledge the physical act that would have been needed to produce Jesus. Which is a little strange. And then it's got a long history of both celebacy and strict guidance on carnal matters, and yet simultaneously has a contradictory problem with child abuse that it has't always been particulalry forthcoming about or quick in dealing with (isolated cases aren't an issue per se, but the cover ups are).

It's not unique to Christianity of course. Other religions have their own problems around this, including female genital mutilation and subservience of womem to mens needs.

I think criticism of some of the positions around this is entierly justifiable. Belittling individuals isn't, but I don't think that's happened.

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:21 - Jan 23 with 3023 viewsjeera

All public hate speech is wrong ol' pal.

And the way the Church has gone about business for its entire existence is control through fear and hate.

I do understand Christians being offended by people's modern attitude towards it, but when people can see the damage the religion has caused, and still does - look at the cult-like status it still has in the US for example - then unfortunately it's not inappropriate to speak out against the more vile of its spiel.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:22 - Jan 23 with 3019 viewsSwansea_Blue

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:21 - Jan 23 by eireblue

“Many LGBT people within the church say they have been made to feel unwelcome”

Quite right. We shouldn't be eating meat in sandwiches any more. Callis said so.

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:23 - Jan 23 with 2948 viewsClareBlue

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:08 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

I woud suggest you just ignore them. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. But you do absoultely do not have the right to belittle or mock anyone who might, or might not, hold any faith or the teachings of that faith. Why are you so engaged with this if it means nothing to do. You know the state protects any individual, so what's the big deal for you?
C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:28 - Jan 23 with 2937 viewsjeera

C of E on being gay... Just going to leave this here on 23:23 - Jan 23 by ClareBlue

I woud suggest you just ignore them. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. But you do absoultely do not have the right to belittle or mock anyone who might, or might not, hold any faith or the teachings of that faith. Why are you so engaged with this if it means nothing to do. You know the state protects any individual, so what's the big deal for you?

It is hate speech.

The kind that has encouraged morons to protest at funerals of gay people.

The kind that encouraged some loon to take a gun and murder tens of people in an Orlando nightclub.

This nonsense vindicates their disgusting views and so supports their actions.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 23:29]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024