Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hold Up! 20:46 - Jan 23 with 6145 viewsGeoffSentence

I thought El Miz was too close to first team action to let go on loan. What's changed?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hold Up! on 07:53 - Jan 24 with 1882 viewspete81

Hold Up! on 07:44 - Jan 24 by Chrisd

In our current system, he isn't playing and doesn't fit in. So, get him out playing somewhere where he will. He's 18 years old and he is still developing mentally and physically, time is very much on his side, but he hasn't played hardly any first team football and that's what he needs to do next. Learn what it feels like to be playing in a first team, then see what develops. There are plenty of young players like him in Academies across the country that have potential, he now needs to take that next step.

So next season....we keep the same formation in the champ after winning promotion....everyone stays fit we have what, 5 players for the no 10 role....
Judge
Bish
El Miz
Dobra
Lankaster

what gives?!?!?!
Hold Up! on 08:02 - Jan 24 with 1865 viewsChrisd

Hold Up! on 07:53 - Jan 24 by pete81

So next season....we keep the same formation in the champ after winning promotion....everyone stays fit we have what, 5 players for the no 10 role....
Judge
Bish
El Miz
Dobra
Lankaster

what gives?!?!?!

Too much choice has been PL's undoing this season, so the fact that he seems to be playing players in their rightful positions is a God send. Too me, Lankester and Dobra are wide players, but with who PL has available the current system whether you view it as 3-5-2 or
3-4-3 is working. Lets worry about this season first and foremost, we need to get promotion at the first time of asking.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 8:02]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Hold Up! on 08:17 - Jan 24 with 1848 viewsKeaneish

Hold Up! on 22:05 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

The games Dobra has played he's had an impact. He's scored a couple and set a few up in the cup games he's featured in. In the league he only had the one appearance at Accrington. I think he's been unlucky not to have had more opportunities.

Agree. Very good impact player but temperament is a big question mark. A bit impetuous and although i love to see any Town player getting stuck in, his wild lunges should have cost a few more yellows or reds before his actual sending off.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Hold Up! on 08:27 - Jan 24 with 1835 viewsHerbivore

Hold Up! on 07:44 - Jan 24 by Chrisd

In our current system, he isn't playing and doesn't fit in. So, get him out playing somewhere where he will. He's 18 years old and he is still developing mentally and physically, time is very much on his side, but he hasn't played hardly any first team football and that's what he needs to do next. Learn what it feels like to be playing in a first team, then see what develops. There are plenty of young players like him in Academies across the country that have potential, he now needs to take that next step.

He's a 10, he fits our system perfectly well. At this point it may be best for his development to go out on loan as it's clear he's not going to get much of a chance here. It's a shame as we've heard lots of nice talk about building around our talented youngsters but I don't feel we've really seen it and older players have been persevered with even when horribly out of form.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hold Up! on 08:30 - Jan 24 with 1831 viewsHerbivore

Hold Up! on 07:53 - Jan 24 by pete81

Judge
Bish
El Miz
Dobra
Lankaster

what gives?!?!?!

El Miz and Bish aren't really number 10s. Bish is a box to box midfielder and that will be El Miz's role in future as well. We are rather over stocked with central options though. I'd happily sacrifice Judge to be honest.

Hold Up! on 08:42 - Jan 24 with 1814 viewsChrisd

Hold Up! on 08:27 - Jan 24 by Herbivore

He's a 10, he fits our system perfectly well. At this point it may be best for his development to go out on loan as it's clear he's not going to get much of a chance here. It's a shame as we've heard lots of nice talk about building around our talented youngsters but I don't feel we've really seen it and older players have been persevered with even when horribly out of form.

So he's better than Bishop or Judge as a No.10? He isn't currently and that's the cold hard facts. Forget that Dobra has come through our youth ranks, he hasn't achieved anything yet, all this sentiment about him in a few token games he needs to prove it consistently and that's why a loan is his best option. I can quite understand why PL has Judge, Bishop or even Keane ahead of him, he's under pressure to get promoted. It's taken PL a while to work this out, but he finally seems to be getting there with selection and playing players in their rightful positions. If we don't go up this season, you'd be happy? The amount of posts I've read from you Herbivore at various points this season, that we should be p*ssing this league with our squad. What's your priority? A young Town team full of our youngsters or promotion back to the Championship at the first attempt? Be honest.

Hold Up! on 09:03 - Jan 24 with 1804 viewsBluefish

Hold Up! on 08:30 - Jan 24 by Herbivore

El Miz and Bish aren't really number 10s. Bish is a box to box midfielder and that will be El Miz's role in future as well. We are rather over stocked with central options though. I'd happily sacrifice Judge to be honest.

Agreed but the loan now will do him good. I don't see a future for judge next season

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Hold Up! on 09:25 - Jan 24 with 1791 viewsitfcjoe

It's a good loan move for him, and should work for us too.

I'm not saying it is necessary in this case, as we have enough bodies - but sometimes it can even be worth sending someone out and replacing them with a back up squad player on short term deal if it means you can get your player playing and developing more.

I'd like to keep hold of Dobra now, don't think we can afford to send both out, and he can be 3rd in line behind Judge and Bishop in that striker support role

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Hold Up! on 09:31 - Jan 24 with 1782 viewsITFC_96

Dobra will simply not sign a new contract and leave the first chance he gets if he is not allowed to go on loan and is not being played. Literally no reason for him to be at the club if he's not getting any first team game time at all, especially as U23 games are sparse as well.
Hold Up! on 10:41 - Jan 24 with 1729 viewsKieran_Knows

Hold Up! on 09:25 - Jan 24 by itfcjoe

It's a good loan move for him, and should work for us too.

I'm not saying it is necessary in this case, as we have enough bodies - but sometimes it can even be worth sending someone out and replacing them with a back up squad player on short term deal if it means you can get your player playing and developing more.

I'd like to keep hold of Dobra now, don't think we can afford to send both out, and he can be 3rd in line behind Judge and Bishop in that striker support role

With regards to your second paragraph, it did make me think that considering we were linked with that City midfielder the other evening. Not sure if they're the same position exactly though?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hold Up! on 10:50 - Jan 24 with 1719 viewsitfcjoe

Hold Up! on 10:41 - Jan 24 by Kieran_Knows

With regards to your second paragraph, it did make me think that considering we were linked with that City midfielder the other evening. Not sure if they're the same position exactly though?

I can't imagine there is anything in that link, he'd have to play if was going out and simply wouldm't here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hold Up! on 11:01 - Jan 24 with 1697 viewsMrTown

It seems good business to me for both parties. With Bishop back, seemingly will have dropped down the pecking order a little.

With us now on a good little run, settling on a team, it would seem El Mizouni's chances would be very very slim between now and the end of the season, if any at all.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Hold Up! on 11:19 - Jan 24 with 1687 viewsSuperfrans

Hold Up! on 22:44 - Jan 23 by Darth_Koont

You're probably right. And my concerns are marginal.

Overall though, it's me wishing we'd come on further and sooner this season with our team and our younger players.

It's occurred to me for a while that we have a slight problem in that we have an embarrassment of riches in terms of our young players. There are so many decent youngsters coming through that not all of them can land and get enough time. We'd have a team of kids, otherwise.

Of course, as we drop further down the divisions too (from Championship to League 1) these players look even better, but are probably less able to cope with the rough and tumble of the hairy-asred footballers they're coming up against... It's a conundrum...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Hold Up! on 11:41 - Jan 24 with 1658 viewsHerbivore

Hold Up! on 08:42 - Jan 24 by Chrisd

So he's better than Bishop or Judge as a No.10? He isn't currently and that's the cold hard facts. Forget that Dobra has come through our youth ranks, he hasn't achieved anything yet, all this sentiment about him in a few token games he needs to prove it consistently and that's why a loan is his best option. I can quite understand why PL has Judge, Bishop or even Keane ahead of him, he's under pressure to get promoted. It's taken PL a while to work this out, but he finally seems to be getting there with selection and playing players in their rightful positions. If we don't go up this season, you'd be happy? The amount of posts I've read from you Herbivore at various points this season, that we should be p*ssing this league with our squad. What's your priority? A young Town team full of our youngsters or promotion back to the Championship at the first attempt? Be honest.

Judge has been utter toss up until the last few weeks. You don't know that Dobra wouldn't have been more effective.

Hold Up! on 12:26 - Jan 24 with 1643 viewsChrisd

Hold Up! on 11:41 - Jan 24 by Herbivore

Judge has been utter toss up until the last few weeks. You don't know that Dobra wouldn't have been more effective.

You don’t like Judge, that comes across crystal clear. I can only speak for me, I’d prefer Judge or Bishop currently without question.

Hold Up! on 13:06 - Jan 24 with 1632 viewsHerbivore

Hold Up! on 12:26 - Jan 24 by Chrisd

You don’t like Judge, that comes across crystal clear. I can only speak for me, I’d prefer Judge or Bishop currently without question.

At least now you're acknowledging it's a matter of opinion rather than fact. That's progress.

Hold Up! on 13:24 - Jan 24 with 1627 viewsChrisd

Hold Up! on 13:06 - Jan 24 by Herbivore

At least now you're acknowledging it's a matter of opinion rather than fact. That's progress.

Football is all about opinion, you know that, but I'm not convinced an 18 year old will shoot us to promotion based on 6 first team appearances.

Hold Up! on 13:47 - Jan 24 with 1608 viewsHerbivore

Hold Up! on 13:24 - Jan 24 by Chrisd

Football is all about opinion, you know that, but I'm not convinced an 18 year old will shoot us to promotion based on 6 first team appearances.

You are aware that there's quite a lot of grey area between a player "shooting us to promotion" and not playing at all? That grey area includes giving him minutes off the bench, for example. He offers something very different to Judge in that he can run and beat players and score and set up goals, I'm a bit disappointed he's been frozen out entirely since Accrington.

Hold Up! on 13:54 - Jan 24 with 1600 viewsChrisd

Hold Up! on 13:47 - Jan 24 by Herbivore

You are aware that there's quite a lot of grey area between a player "shooting us to promotion" and not playing at all? That grey area includes giving him minutes off the bench, for example. He offers something very different to Judge in that he can run and beat players and score and set up goals, I'm a bit disappointed he's been frozen out entirely since Accrington.

Why is that? We can only speculate, neither of us know what’s gone on. In our position, we need to get promoted and that’s something we can both agree on.

Hold Up! on 14:20 - Jan 24 with 1586 viewsKeaneish

Hold Up! on 12:26 - Jan 24 by Chrisd

I said after Wycombe that Judge needs a run of games In his natural position until after Rotherham before we can really say whether we have better options or not. He’s been good but not great. Now he has Bishop breathing down his neck, one poor performance will see him benched and coming into the Euros, it’s the last thing he’ll want / need. It’ll be really interesting to watch him Saturday.

I’m a big fan but he needs some big performances now to keep Teddy out.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024