Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is an interesting story that I wasn’t aware of 08:41 - Jan 24 with 595 viewsGlasgowBlue

https://www.hmd.org.uk/resource/witold-pilecki/

Witold Pilecki was a Polish cavalry officer, intelligence agent, and resistance leader who deliberately got himself sent to Auschwitz so as to be able to document the atrocities carried out in the camp tell the world what was going on.

Managed to smuggle reports out, eventually escaped, fought in the Warsaw Uprising only to be tortured and shot by the Communists in 1948 on the charges of working for "foreign imperialism" due to him working with british intelligence during the war.

With the 75th anniversary of Auschwitz liberation taking place next week there are many inspiring stories such as this one being published and well worth reading.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 8:42]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This is an interesting story that I wasn’t aware of on 10:13 - Jan 24 with 507 viewsBlueBadger

Read an interesting article by Michael Rosen the other day about talking to children about the Holocaust, particularly now that the generation who survived it are largely either too frail to be able to recount their stories properly or were too young at the time to have coherent memories.

Personally, I like to recommend that young people read 'Maus' by Art Spiegelman. It's an astonishing piece of work that nearly anyone can read and be moved by. I've lent my copy to people as young as 10 and as old as 75 and they've all been destroyed by it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-MAUS-Art-Spiegelman/dp/0141014083

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is an interesting story that I wasn’t aware of on 10:41 - Jan 24 with 458 viewsPendejo

This is an interesting story that I wasn’t aware of on 10:13 - Jan 24 by BlueBadger

Read an interesting article by Michael Rosen the other day about talking to children about the Holocaust, particularly now that the generation who survived it are largely either too frail to be able to recount their stories properly or were too young at the time to have coherent memories.

Personally, I like to recommend that young people read 'Maus' by Art Spiegelman. It's an astonishing piece of work that nearly anyone can read and be moved by. I've lent my copy to people as young as 10 and as old as 75 and they've all been destroyed by it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-MAUS-Art-Spiegelman/dp/0141014083

Saw Rosen yesterday in Kings Cross area, pointed him out to my wife as the author of "We're going on a best hunt", then had to stop her interrupting him so she could tell him how our youngest offspring memorised it word for word at a young age.

Back to Holocaust memorial, youngest offspring will be attending Lewisham's one this weekend with the Police Cadets.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024