Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking Turnstyle error 19:45 - Jan 25 with 2766 viewsEly_Blue

I was horrified today at something that happened when my sons 2 friends came along to the game with him.

So we have seats in Sir Alf and my son went along to the ticket office alone to get the boys 2 tickets in Sir Alf also. Now this is where the big mistake comes...... without looking at the tickets we went to go into the Sir Alf and my sons first friend goes in, then the 2nd one goes to go in and he’s told ‘sorry you’re at the wrong turn styles, you need 41-56’, on looking he had been given a ticket for Sir Bobby lower. My son said he would take his mate back to the ticket office to see if he could swap it over so I went in to join his other friend, at this point I asked to look at his ticket, this was also for Sir Bobby lower but he had been let in to Sir Alf, I was horrified at this given that surely the turnstyle operators should get a message on the screen to tell them to allow entry?

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them at PR before?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Shocking Turnstyle error on 21:32 - Jan 25 with 2272 viewsBasuco

I went to the Cov FA cup game to find a bloke in my seat in SBR lower, when we looked at his ticket he should have been in SAR lower, the funny thing was that the stewards made a big point of checking my ticket before being allowed to go from the concourse to my seat, so not only the turnstile operator let him in but also the steward. Luckily the stand was not that full that night so it did not matter too much and he just found a spare seat.
Shocking Turnstyle error on 10:02 - Jan 26 with 1671 viewstomo

Shocking Turnstyle error on 21:32 - Jan 25 by Basuco

I went to the Cov FA cup game to find a bloke in my seat in SBR lower, when we looked at his ticket he should have been in SAR lower, the funny thing was that the stewards made a big point of checking my ticket before being allowed to go from the concourse to my seat, so not only the turnstile operator let him in but also the steward. Luckily the stand was not that full that night so it did not matter too much and he just found a spare seat.

When I was a young lad me and my mate had season tickets in block JJ of the Britannia. One day we thought we would try getting in the north stand, it was the days before scanners and we just covered the bit where it says the stand on the plastic season ticket with our thumbs. It worked a treat so for the rest of the season we did it at every game. We only got caught out once on entry and we played dumb saying we were borrowing the tickets off friends and went another couple of turnstiles down and got in.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 10:33]
Shocking Turnstyle error on 10:09 - Jan 26 with 1631 viewsLord_Lucan

Horrified?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Shocking Turnstyle error on 10:16 - Jan 26 with 1605 viewsBLUEGOLD

Shocking Turnstyle error on 10:09 - Jan 26 by Lord_Lucan

Horrified?

Shocking??

Mildly annoying perhaps
Shocking Turnstyle error on 07:20 - Jan 27 with 1252 viewsTractorWood

Shocked and horrified? It's ITFC, not Mi5.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Shocking Turnstyle error on 09:51 - Jan 27 with 1079 viewsSamWhiteUK

Shocking Turnstyle error on 10:16 - Jan 26 by BLUEGOLD

Shocking??

Mildly annoying perhaps

I knew as soon as I'd finished reading that drivel that the comments would mostly be picking up on that. Thanks for not letting me down.

OP - I know it's already been said numerous times, but shocked and horrified? Think you need to get a grip, mate, and a sense of perspective
Shocking Turnstyle error on 09:56 - Jan 27 with 1058 viewsBlue_Order

Haven’t slept since I read this, worrying that it’ll happen to me one day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024