Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon 10:19 - Jan 26 with 3501 viewsSomethingBlue

Not the most outlandish thing I have ever heard but I'd rather keep this squad together now. We're only a couple of injuries from looking nowhere near as well-oiled as we currently do. Get up and then by all means reassess each and every player's situation in the summer.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:20 - Jan 26 with 3043 viewsHerbivore

Surely they don't have any money? I wouldn't be too bothered to see him go to be honest but I'd be peeved to not get any money for him. He's plenty good enough to be a standout at a side like Blackpool.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:23 - Jan 26 with 3000 viewsBrixtonBlue

If that's all we'd have to lose I'd be well happy with that. Overrated for me.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:23 - Jan 26 with 3004 viewsSomethingBlue

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:20 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

Surely they don't have any money? I wouldn't be too bothered to see him go to be honest but I'd be peeved to not get any money for him. He's plenty good enough to be a standout at a side like Blackpool.

They seem to be "having a go" (from down in 15th). Wouldn't lose too much sleep over it either but our depth in that area is an obvious strength and I'd rather make the most of it for the next few months, then let him go if he's not happy about lack of game time.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 10:23]

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:26 - Jan 26 with 2970 viewsChrisd

In that central midfield area we've got so many players. At some point PL will need to alleviate the burden, if Nolan goes I wouldn't be overly concerned. He hasn't really kicked on for me personally.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:26 - Jan 26 with 2961 viewsHerbivore

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:23 - Jan 26 by SomethingBlue

They seem to be "having a go" (from down in 15th). Wouldn't lose too much sleep over it either but our depth in that area is an obvious strength and I'd rather make the most of it for the next few months, then let him go if he's not happy about lack of game time.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 10:23]

I think if they offered us money for him I'd be tempted to let him go. We've got so much depth in the centre that the likes of Dozzer can't even get a place on the bench so we are very well stocked there. It's not really worked for Nolan here so it might suit all parties for him to move on.

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:45 - Jan 26 with 2829 viewsSomethingBlue

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:26 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

I think if they offered us money for him I'd be tempted to let him go. We've got so much depth in the centre that the likes of Dozzer can't even get a place on the bench so we are very well stocked there. It's not really worked for Nolan here so it might suit all parties for him to move on.

I do get that, it's some situation to be in, but we are quite likely to lose Downes for two games before too long and I'd still be stunned to see Huws play all of the next 17. Agree on Nolan's lack of impact but rather have the cover right now.

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:46 - Jan 26 with 2821 viewsSimonds92

Apart from possibly Bishop IF he stays fit not sure anyone else can play in the hole behind the strikers if Judge is injured or needs a rest. Id keep Nolan until the end of the season for this reason, and then look for a replacement for Judge in the summer who is hugely ineffectual and overrated.
Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:51 - Jan 26 with 2766 viewsChrisd

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:46 - Jan 26 by Simonds92

Apart from possibly Bishop IF he stays fit not sure anyone else can play in the hole behind the strikers if Judge is injured or needs a rest. Id keep Nolan until the end of the season for this reason, and then look for a replacement for Judge in the summer who is hugely ineffectual and overrated.

Keane could play that role.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 11:03 - Jan 26 with 2667 viewsstrikalite

I'd want our money back though, if we're looking to bring someone else in then it's something we'll have to do, you can't look at what might happen if we suddenly get a few injuries, with Bishop back and Dozz needing some time too, I think it could happen..
Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 11:04 - Jan 26 with 2663 viewsDubtractor

I'm also of that view. I've never rated him tbh, and if we can shift him from the wage bill AND get a fee then I'd be very tempted.

I do get the argument about keeping squad depth for this season mind you, but this could be one scenario where I'd be happy with a short term loan for the rest of the season.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 11:22 - Jan 26 with 2550 viewsHerbivore

Nolan can't play there either and it's not Bishop's best position to be honest. Both are genuine box to box midfielders. That said we don't need a like for like replacement for Judge as I'm not sure he's doing enough on that role to make it essential. Playing a flatter midfield three also frees up Huws and Downes to get in the box a bit more rather than having to sit for much of the time to accommodate Judge. If we're desperate to play with a number 10 then Dobra can play there, as can Keane. Lankester will be back before the end of the season too.

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 11:24 - Jan 26 with 2544 viewsHerbivore

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:45 - Jan 26 by SomethingBlue

I do get that, it's some situation to be in, but we are quite likely to lose Downes for two games before too long and I'd still be stunned to see Huws play all of the next 17. Agree on Nolan's lack of impact but rather have the cover right now.

My feeling is though that he's not the future here so if we can cash in now then it makes sense too. His value isn't going to go up sitting on our bench. I think even with him gone there's plenty enough cover in midfield.

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 12:31 - Jan 26 with 2374 viewsBiGDonnie

I’d let him go with a decent offer. Bishop, Skuse, Dozzell and even Dobra provide plenty of cover for Downes, Huws and Judge. However you just know if we do sell Huws or Bishop get injured!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 12:34 - Jan 26 with 2358 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 10:23 - Jan 26 by BrixtonBlue

If that's all we'd have to lose I'd be well happy with that. Overrated for me.

I thought he was a key member of the team that were top of the league for the first few months of the season, although his form did tail off towards the end of that run.

If we were to cash in on a midfielder then I'd rather it was Dozzell, whose value must be falling every time he doesn't make the team.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 12:34 - Jan 26 with 2359 viewsTrequartista

The money we spend on players is exactly the same whether we sell or not, so from a fan's perspective, there is no possible reason for selling.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 12:41 - Jan 26 with 2312 viewsPJH

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 12:34 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

I thought he was a key member of the team that were top of the league for the first few months of the season, although his form did tail off towards the end of that run.

If we were to cash in on a midfielder then I'd rather it was Dozzell, whose value must be falling every time he doesn't make the team.

Not sure when he was a key member of the team that was top of the league because he did not start a game until our 8th league game although he admittedly played most of the next few but then he also played in most of our 'non winning' run-as you indicate.
Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 12:45 - Jan 26 with 2297 viewsMrTown

Would let him go tomorrow and sign Tommy Smith on a deal.

With Skuse at 33 and Nolan leaving, might eventually see Dozzell climb up the ladder which I think would be positive.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 12:51 - Jan 26 with 2261 viewsgordon

If they offer anything, take it. We're picking three out of Skuse, Huws, Downes, Dozzell, Bishop, Judge and Nolan. They might be a bit injury prone, but I think we've got enough central midfielders. Looks like more half-decent youth players coming through as well.

Anyway, would be good to get something tangible back from that 2million we spent on Nolan and Nsiala.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 12:53]
Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 13:30 - Jan 26 with 2164 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd keep him. We might get a little money now but if we keep him we have the depth for this season and if we go up he would be an interesting add on for league one clubs if we wanted any of their players.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 13:33 - Jan 26 with 2149 viewssparks

Thing is- Nolan cant either. He doesnt beat a man, doesnt score, and doesnt often even look for an incisive pass.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 13:56 - Jan 26 with 2080 viewsPJH

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 13:33 - Jan 26 by sparks

Thing is- Nolan cant either. He doesnt beat a man, doesnt score, and doesnt often even look for an incisive pass.

Plays loads of exquisite sideways passes though.
Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 14:05 - Jan 26 with 2044 viewssparks

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 13:56 - Jan 26 by PJH

Plays loads of exquisite sideways passes though.

He's largely tidy, but offers no real threat. Occasionally he puts himself in some nice pockets, but invariably then dribbles back out towards his own goal and lays it off- passing responsibility to someone else to actually make something happen.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 14:11 - Jan 26 with 2015 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 13:33 - Jan 26 by sparks

Without comparing the two players you could almost be describing Jordan Henderson.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 14:12 - Jan 26 with 2012 viewsitfcjoe

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 14:05 - Jan 26 by sparks

He's largely tidy, but offers no real threat. Occasionally he puts himself in some nice pockets, but invariably then dribbles back out towards his own goal and lays it off- passing responsibility to someone else to actually make something happen.

He always seems to be the player that lands on the ball in the key position, but then tries to recycle it rather than hurt them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 14:12 - Jan 26 with 2010 viewssparks

Blackpool in for Nolan, says Nixon on 14:12 - Jan 26 by itfcjoe

He always seems to be the player that lands on the ball in the key position, but then tries to recycle it rather than hurt them

Precisely.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024