Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan’s value? 16:22 - Jan 26 with 4825 viewssuffolkpoker

With Blackpool being linked, what’s is his value?

Did we pay £1.5m? I would assume his stock has increased with playing in the championship and a top league 1 side.

So I would assume £2m+ = snap call?

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Nolan’s value? on 16:24 - Jan 26 with 3717 viewstractorboy1978

His stock is lower now than when we signed him.
Nolan’s value? on 16:28 - Jan 26 with 3682 viewsHerbivore

No chance. We'd do well to get back half what we paid for him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nolan’s value? on 16:40 - Jan 26 with 3628 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Stock has gone down on the basis we signed him as a player expected to be Championship quality. Relegation and in the style we went down has shown that he wasn't. On top of that he is not able to get into our team. He is now a League 1 standard player on a contract that is better than that standard. Teams at this level will be interested in him but both unable and unwilling to pay anything like that fee.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Nolan’s value? on 16:48 - Jan 26 with 3566 viewsBluefish

I'd be surprised if we got £650k. We didn't sign the Petite Paul signings on market value, we signed them on how much it cost to get them, a bit like like David Norris. If the players proved themselves in the champ the value may have gone up.....they didnt though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Nolan’s value? on 16:54 - Jan 26 with 3532 viewsIllinoisblue

Can I have some of the drugs you’re on? 2million indeed!!’

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Nolan’s value? on 17:04 - Jan 26 with 3484 viewsHerbivore

Nolan’s value? on 16:48 - Jan 26 by Bluefish

I'd be surprised if we got £650k. We didn't sign the Petite Paul signings on market value, we signed them on how much it cost to get them, a bit like like David Norris. If the players proved themselves in the champ the value may have gone up.....they didnt though

Nolan was worth £1.25m on the back of the season he'd just had at Shrewsbury, he'd been the best midfielder of his type in the league. Sadly he didn't build on that and so his value has now gone down.

Nolan’s value? on 17:12 - Jan 26 with 3457 viewsParisBlue

We paid either £1.75m or £2m for Nolan and Nsiala combined. The report which stated £2m suggested Nolan's value was £1.25m.

We will do very well to get 25% of our overall outlay back. If Nolan doesn't leave this week I'd expect him to go in the summer. Both. Nolan and Nsiala have contracts till summer 2021.

With Donacian's contract up this summer I wonder whether we'll be actively looking to move him on if we can get loan cover.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Nolan’s value? on 17:12 - Jan 26 with 3456 viewssuffolkpoker

Nolan’s value? on 16:24 - Jan 26 by tractorboy1978

His stock is lower now than when we signed him.

But how is it lower? Didn’t Shrewsbury finish play offs in league 1?

Having championship experience and now in a potential promotion / league winners team.

I personally think his stock has increased. There is no chance we sell for less than we paid...

Login to get fewer ads

Nolan’s value? on 17:16 - Jan 26 with 3430 viewsagentp

Nolan’s value? on 17:12 - Jan 26 by suffolkpoker

Having championship experience and now in a potential promotion / league winners team.

I personally think his stock has increased. There is no chance we sell for less than we paid...

It's lower because he hasn't really made the grade. Someone would also need to pay him either the same wage as he is on here or buy him at a reduced fee to account for that. I can't see many L1 sides paying him what he's earning here.

Of course his stock is lower. The fact that a team 15th in L1 is after him tells you that.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 17:17]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Nolan’s value? on 17:16 - Jan 26 with 3430 viewsJ2BLUE

Of course we would sell for less than we paid. We want to go up. He wasn't good enough. We're stacked in his position. I'd be amazed if Blackpool's offer was over £750,000. Probably less.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nolan’s value? on 17:17 - Jan 26 with 3428 viewsRegencyBlue

He was poor in the Championship and Shrewsbury saw us coming if we paid £1.2 million for him.

I would snap Blackpool’s hand off if they offer £500k to be honest.
Nolan’s value? on 17:29 - Jan 26 with 3368 viewssuffolkpoker

Nolan’s value? on 17:17 - Jan 26 by RegencyBlue

He was poor in the Championship and Shrewsbury saw us coming if we paid £1.2 million for him.

No wonder Marcus Evans doesn’t like buying players anymore lol

I still think he is a million pound player. Would be amazed if he is sold for less.

Nolan’s value? on 17:31 - Jan 26 with 3358 viewsBLUEBEAT

Swap for Curtis Tilt who is a decent defender who likes to get forward and has scored a fair few over his career.

Poll: W or W

Nolan’s value? on 17:31 - Jan 26 with 3353 viewsagentp

Nolan’s value? on 17:29 - Jan 26 by suffolkpoker

No wonder Marcus Evans doesn’t like buying players anymore lol

I still think he is a million pound player. Would be amazed if he is sold for less.

Webster made it and went up. Nolan hasn't and will go down. All part of being a football club owner.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Nolan’s value? on 17:51 - Jan 26 with 3285 viewsHerbivore

He played in a team that finished bottom of the Championship by a mile and failed to shine. He's now not a regular in a League 1 side. There is no way he's even held his value, let alone it going up.

Nolan’s value? on 17:53 - Jan 26 with 3263 viewsgordon

It's irrelevant what we paid for him. He's a 27 year-old fourth or fifth choice central midfielder at a League One club who has had one successful season at this level.

The fact that he'll be on better wages than he's worth also will reduce his value. If we got £400,000 I'd be delighted.
Nolan’s value? on 17:56 - Jan 26 with 3240 viewsMullet

Nolan’s value? on 17:53 - Jan 26 by gordon

It's irrelevant what we paid for him. He's a 27 year-old fourth or fifth choice central midfielder at a League One club who has had one successful season at this level.

The fact that he'll be on better wages than he's worth also will reduce his value. If we got £400,000 I'd be delighted.

We'd get about £150k if we're lucky, that's the division we are in. At best it'll be helpful to cut his contract and wages off the books if we're not going to play him much.

Hurst's shadow still finds a way to remind us how bad he was it seems.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Nolan’s value? on 18:03 - Jan 26 with 3181 viewsclive_baker

It's less about stock and more about what someone is willing to pay. Hurts probably paid over the odds at the time, and being a Championship team then we would've paid a premium that I wouldn't expect of Blackpool.

I quite rate Nolan, he's a decent option but equally I wouldn't lose too much sleep if we sold him at a decent price. An offer anywhere near £1m would represent that IMO. the trio of Huws - Judge - Downes is nicely balanced, and with Skuse, Dozzell & Bishop waiting in the wings I think we could afford to lose Nolan.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Nolan’s value? on 18:03 - Jan 26 with 3176 viewsPJH

Nolan’s value? on 17:17 - Jan 26 by RegencyBlue

I was thinking that if we do sell then £500k is the most that we could hope for but will be lucky to get that.
Nolan’s value? on 18:04 - Jan 26 with 3174 viewsgordon

Nolan’s value? on 17:56 - Jan 26 by Mullet

We'd get about £150k if we're lucky, that's the division we are in. At best it'll be helpful to cut his contract and wages off the books if we're not going to play him much.

Hurst's shadow still finds a way to remind us how bad he was it seems.

You'll be eating your words when Kayden Jackson fires us back into the Premier League next season.
Nolan’s value? on 18:08 - Jan 26 with 3149 viewsPJH

Nolan’s value? on 18:04 - Jan 26 by gordon

You'll be eating your words when Kayden Jackson fires us back into the Premier League next season.

Jackson has impressed me this season and (hopefully) it will be interesting to see if he does any better in The Championship second time around than he did first time.

Until a few weeks ago I thought Harrison was the least poor of Hurst's signings but now I think Jackson is/was.
Nolan’s value? on 18:10 - Jan 26 with 3137 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The original poster is obviously taking the pi$$.
We will be lucky to get 300k for him. His wages will be decent and overall he's been a below par signing, like most of Hurst's deals. On the plus side he has been better than Nsiala.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Nolan’s value? on 18:21 - Jan 26 with 3064 viewspablovian

What we paid for Jon Nolan in a seller's market in 2018 (when we were desperate buyers) does not impact what he is worth in the cash-strapped League One transfer market of 2020.

Nolan is an effective box-to-box mid-fielder in League One and perhaps the lower-half of the Championship. It is the return of Huws and Bishop that makes him surplus to requirements.

My estimate of Nolan's current value in the transfer market is between £450k and £750k. If he leaves, we should all wish him well.
Nolan’s value? on 18:29 - Jan 26 with 3030 viewsjas0999

£500K - very top end. £350K more realistic.
Nolan’s value? on 20:50 - Jan 26 with 2772 viewsGeoffSentence

Nolan’s value? on 16:28 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

No chance. We'd do well to get back half what we paid for him.

I dunno, there is half a chance. Are Scunny in the market for a midfielder to take their team to the next level?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024