Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Took the boy to his first game yesterday... 16:45 - Jan 26 with 5264 viewsSitfcB

Think he enjoyed playing, and meeting TWTD royalty, in the fanzone more than the game though, obviously.... (He wanted to leave the game after 5 minutes luckily I was able to stay whilst the Mrs took him away)

It’s a start anyway, he enjoyed a pre match orange juice in the Black Horse and then soaked up the atmosphere in the fanzone once we’d been pitch side to collect his certificate so got the full package.

Just doing my bit to inspire the future generation, not that he had a choice eh...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 16:54 - Jan 26 with 4440 viewsBluefish

Top work mate. Wasn't that long ago I was dragging my boy along at a similar age to endure roy keane. Nowadays he is chanting "who the f***king hell are we?" and calling the ref a c*** still not quite sure how we were from that stage to this one

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 16:55 - Jan 26 with 4430 viewsBlueBadger

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 16:54 - Jan 26 by Bluefish

Top work mate. Wasn't that long ago I was dragging my boy along at a similar age to endure roy keane. Nowadays he is chanting "who the f***king hell are we?" and calling the ref a c*** still not quite sure how we were from that stage to this one

I should have reported you to social services for taking him to PR to watch Roy Keane's Ipswich.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 17:17 - Jan 26 with 4365 viewsJ2BLUE

That celebration legend.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 17:21 - Jan 26 with 4345 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nice one mate. Great goal celebration.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 17:28 - Jan 26 with 4331 viewsReuser_is_God

Good stuff.

Will take my little one to a game next season.

Was round my dads last week & he’s got all my old Town shirts down from the loft for her, she loved them.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 17:29 - Jan 26 with 4314 viewsSteve_M

Nicely done. Plenty more of those to come for him.

Good to see him wearing both shoes too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 17:32 - Jan 26 with 4293 viewsPendejo

Good first name, I was able to nudge my oldest son and say there's another one

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Fantastic... on 17:35 - Jan 26 with 4274 viewsunstableblue

... thanks for sharing

He'll be swearing at the ref and opposition players in the Lower North in a decade!

Great to have another potential blue.. its a lot easier under the Lambert brand of football than Micks to get kids into the Town.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Login to get fewer ads

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 18:05 - Jan 26 with 4147 viewsNewcyBlue

That’s superb mate. You’ll have a season ticket for him in no time!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 18:20 - Jan 26 with 4097 viewscarlisleaway

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 16:54 - Jan 26 by Bluefish

Took my second 5 year old grandson to his first game yesterday, loved the atmosphere and wants to go again. Great to see all the younger fans coming back to Portman Road, helps when we are winning but we have lost a generation of fans during the Keane and McCarthy years.
Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 18:35 - Jan 26 with 4045 viewsBluefish

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 17:32 - Jan 26 by Pendejo

Good first name, I was able to nudge my oldest son and say there's another one

Named after Bryan

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 18:40 - Jan 26 with 4035 viewsbrogansnose

I remember taking Son Of to his first game which was Jims first match in charge. He was all over the shop and not at all fussed by the game. Anyway, its a brilliant rite of passage for father and son, I was so proud as I'm sure you were too.

Good work Sitters, you can't get them started too soon.

Uppa Towen.
Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 19:02 - Jan 26 with 3967 viewsTheBoyBlue

Took my five-year-old to his first game when we played Blackpool a couple of months ago. He was a bit quiet and subdued in the first half, I think probably because we scored early before he'd properly got acquainted himself with the noises - it was a bit of a shock for him when 20,000 people suddenly jumped up in unison all of a sudden! By the second half and with a bag of sweets he was giving it all the boos and singing "jingle bells, Blackpool smells!"

As you say, its a start - my eldest was a slow starter and is well into it seven years on! You're boy will love it I'm sure!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 05:10 - Jan 27 with 3671 viewsitfc_bucks

Took my lad to his first against Blackpool. Similarly, he loved playing in the fanzine more than the actual game, but the sheer pride I got from seeing him stare out onto the pitch, togged up in hat, scarf and gloves cheering as Gwion scored the opener right in front of him. Absolutely priceless.
Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 07:30 - Jan 27 with 3570 viewstextbackup

Nothing better than the thought of taking them to their first game...... then the reality kicks in after 5mins when they wont the 5th bag of sweets.....
and the cringing when a "c**t" slips out from someone close by

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 07:47 - Jan 27 with 3531 viewshoppy

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 18:40 - Jan 26 by brogansnose

I remember taking Son Of to his first game which was Jims first match in charge. He was all over the shop and not at all fussed by the game. Anyway, its a brilliant rite of passage for father and son, I was so proud as I'm sure you were too.

Good work Sitters, you can't get them started too soon.

Uppa Towen.

That’s a bit of a controversial criticism of Jim’s approach to his first game...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 07:49 - Jan 27 with 3530 viewshoppy

Excellent stuff... was good to see you, and he definitely seemed to be enjoying himself! 👍🏼

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 08:23 - Jan 27 with 3501 viewsitfcjoe

Nice one Sitters, I take my boys every now and again - looking forward to them getting to an age when we can go every week

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 09:26 - Jan 27 with 3426 viewsHullblue

That’s awesome, Sitters. Hopefully he makes some good memories in the next few years.

How do you sort that first game certificate thing? Took my nephews to their first game in December - didn’t realise that was an option!

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 09:50 - Jan 27 with 3392 viewscarlisleaway

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 09:26 - Jan 27 by Hullblue

That’s awesome, Sitters. Hopefully he makes some good memories in the next few years.

How do you sort that first game certificate thing? Took my nephews to their first game in December - didn’t realise that was an option!

For those who are attending the first game, e-mail
dan.palfrey@itfc.co.uk
Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 10:05 - Jan 27 with 3367 viewshoppy

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 09:50 - Jan 27 by carlisleaway

For those who are attending the first game, e-mail
dan.palfrey@itfc.co.uk

Who should we get one for on here... there must be a few likely candidates that haven’t been to their first game yet?

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 10:21 - Jan 27 with 3335 viewsReuser_is_God

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 07:30 - Jan 27 by textbackup

Nothing better than the thought of taking them to their first game...... then the reality kicks in after 5mins when they wont the 5th bag of sweets.....
and the cringing when a "c**t" slips out from someone close by

I wouldn’t want some of our female fans slipping their cnt out at a game to be honest.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 10:28 - Jan 27 with 3318 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Top stuff that Sitters.

Great Name as well, I think Rob Chandler gave that name a bit more oomph when announcing it. A load of people around us enjoyed it when it was read out.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 20:18 - Jan 27 with 3126 viewsBlue_Order

Nice one.

Taking my boy to the Burton game for his first match at PR (he went to Cambridge pre-season and hated every minute of it 🙃)

How do you go about getting him on the list for his certificate?

Edit - never mind, should have read the rest of the thread. I’m assuming they’d have to be Pioneer stand to go pitch side to get it though? Got tickets in A Block Cobbold so he can see the BA boys to know what’s expected of him when he’s older.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 20:28]
Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 06:56 - Jan 28 with 2939 viewsSitfcB

Took the boy to his first game yesterday... on 20:18 - Jan 27 by Blue_Order

Nice one.

Taking my boy to the Burton game for his first match at PR (he went to Cambridge pre-season and hated every minute of it 🙃)

How do you go about getting him on the list for his certificate?

Edit - never mind, should have read the rest of the thread. I’m assuming they’d have to be Pioneer stand to go pitch side to get it though? Got tickets in A Block Cobbold so he can see the BA boys to know what’s expected of him when he’s older.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 20:28]

You can have tickets anywhere in the ground, just have to meet in the fanzone at 1:30pm and then free to leave wherever once you’re done.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024