Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Klopp - Magic of the cup! 20:26 - Jan 26 with 6083 viewsTractorCam

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 20:27 - Jan 26 with 3807 viewsitfcjoe

Shocking, and wouldn’t surprise me if clubs start doing this in the future too

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 20:29 - Jan 26 with 3790 viewsJ2BLUE

Really fed up of his whinging.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 20:30 - Jan 26 with 3776 viewsReuser_is_God

Fcuking hell thats a disgrace.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 20:30]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 20:32 - Jan 26 with 3738 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why's he being such a tw4t.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 20:34 - Jan 26 with 3727 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 20:27 - Jan 26 by itfcjoe

Shocking, and wouldn’t surprise me if clubs start doing this in the future too

Takes a job knowing how the fixtures work, and then moans about them.

Stay classy Klopp.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 20:35 - Jan 26 with 3715 viewssparks

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 20:34 - Jan 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Takes a job knowing how the fixtures work, and then moans about them.

Stay classy Klopp.

Dont see the issue. Clubs have priorities. They have huge squads and capable assistants. The FA cup is a second rate contest now- because of the money involved in the prem. The horse has bolted folks. And that is not Klopp's fault.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 20:39 - Jan 26 with 3675 viewsBackToRussia

Am I missing something? Isn't that basically how PL clubs treat it already?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 20:54 - Jan 26 with 3610 viewsFtnfwest

....because there’s not enough money on offer to make it worth their while. Good way to honour the fans.
Login to get fewer ads

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:08 - Jan 26 with 3531 viewsKieran_Knows

What a kn*b.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:20 - Jan 26 with 3490 viewsElderGrizzly

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 20:35 - Jan 26 by sparks

Dont see the issue. Clubs have priorities. They have huge squads and capable assistants. The FA cup is a second rate contest now- because of the money involved in the prem. The horse has bolted folks. And that is not Klopp's fault.

Priorities = £££
Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:32 - Jan 26 with 3445 viewsm14_blue

I think Klopp has been great both on and off the pitch since arriving in English football but I have a real problem with this.

It’s disrespectful to the cup, to the FA and to the fans who pay their money but most of all it’s disrespectful to Shrewsbury Town who should be looking forward to the biggest night of their lives.

Rotate players by all means but don’t make big public gestures to show how little you care.

The ‘big 6’ can just fcuk off.
Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:36 - Jan 26 with 3425 viewssparks

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:20 - Jan 26 by ElderGrizzly

Priorities = £££

Yes. Not Klopp's fault.

Sky subscribers on the other hand...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:39 - Jan 26 with 3401 viewsFtnfwest

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:32 - Jan 26 by m14_blue

I think Klopp has been great both on and off the pitch since arriving in English football but I have a real problem with this.

It’s disrespectful to the cup, to the FA and to the fans who pay their money but most of all it’s disrespectful to Shrewsbury Town who should be looking forward to the biggest night of their lives.

Rotate players by all means but don’t make big public gestures to show how little you care.

The ‘big 6’ can just fcuk off.

Would like to see Liverpool dock him 3 days pay in the run up to the replay for not doing his job
Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:47 - Jan 26 with 3378 viewsclive_baker

I don't blame Klopp in resting players, but why he can't manage the team I don't know, that's his job. I guess this is his way of attempting to push the 'no replays' agenda. Ultimately the FA Cup isn't a priority to top sides and hasn't been for year. It's a shame but the Premier League is the cash cow and has the global appeal. Personally I would love to see the 4th Champions League spot changed so it goes to the FA Cup winner, but I'm not sure that would make much difference in this instance, for a team that's nailed on to qualify by league finish anyway.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 22:09 - Jan 26 with 3294 viewsGirthyguy

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:47 - Jan 26 by clive_baker

I don't blame Klopp in resting players, but why he can't manage the team I don't know, that's his job. I guess this is his way of attempting to push the 'no replays' agenda. Ultimately the FA Cup isn't a priority to top sides and hasn't been for year. It's a shame but the Premier League is the cash cow and has the global appeal. Personally I would love to see the 4th Champions League spot changed so it goes to the FA Cup winner, but I'm not sure that would make much difference in this instance, for a team that's nailed on to qualify by league finish anyway.

Maybe a play off between the 4th place and the FA Cup winner if the team who wins it is not already in the top 4. Then it just goes to 4th place. The winner of the play off goes in champions league and loser goes into the europa league.
Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 22:24 - Jan 26 with 3243 viewslinhdi

It's not as if his first team are so far ahead in the league that they could go on the p+ss for 4 months and still win it, is it? Oh.

Pathetic.
Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 22:30 - Jan 26 with 3222 viewsxrayspecs

Agree.

Little different to us playing our ressies in the cup and Lambert taking a back seat with the media pre- and post- match. OK, he was on the touchline, but his priority was the league.

Klopp is making a point about removing replays, Pep made the same comments yesterday. Football authorities need to be careful not to kill the golden goose as they seem hell bent on finding more ways to add extra fixtures to an already busy schedule in the chase for £££..
Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 01:03 - Jan 27 with 3071 viewspointofblue

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 22:30 - Jan 26 by xrayspecs

Agree.

Little different to us playing our ressies in the cup and Lambert taking a back seat with the media pre- and post- match. OK, he was on the touchline, but his priority was the league.

Klopp is making a point about removing replays, Pep made the same comments yesterday. Football authorities need to be careful not to kill the golden goose as they seem hell bent on finding more ways to add extra fixtures to an already busy schedule in the chase for £££..

The clubs could help themselves by not starting pre-season in July just so they can run tournaments in the far flung corners of the world.

And if Liverpool had taken the Shrewsbury match more seriously there probably wouldn’t be a replay for them to worry about.

Had enough of the whinging for manager’s now; almost wish they’d scrap all of the cup competitions - including the FA Cup - so there can be a focus on the precious league.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 06:36 - Jan 27 with 2934 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If he didn’t want a replay, they should have won the first leg

Find it a bit odd too given the league is well and truly sewn up already. I guess going for a record points haul has some appeal, but then I’d have thought ending their league drought with a famous double (or treble) would too

EDIT: clarifying that it’s him not being in the dugout that I think is taking the p*ss a bit here, obviously he can play who he wants
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 7:55]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 07:26 - Jan 27 with 2862 viewsgordon

Maybe when teams qualify in two different ways (or three different ways) they could carry forward the additional qualifications to future seasons? Could be quite a fun rule?
Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 07:29 - Jan 27 with 2853 viewsChrisd

At least the Liverpool fans already know where they stand if buying a ticket for that game, also gives Shrewsbury a really good opportunity to make the 5th Round. Liverpool's priority simply isn't the FA Cup, it's not the competition it once was due to the prize money and it's status, it's been superseded by other competitions.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 07:40 - Jan 27 with 2826 viewsSaleAway

I don't blame Klopp for this - the Premier League has a mid-winter break this year - and all the clubs agreed to use it as a break ( i.e. not go and play money making friendlies abroad). So he's already given players and families time off during this period. Blame the FA and Premier league for not planning it properly, so there are replays in the middle of the premier league break.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 07:45 - Jan 27 with 2810 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Not defending Klopp but some people are quick to slate him over 'disregarding' the competition.

Whether it is right or wrong Klopp has got own priorities. We had a manager for whom a draw to Bristol City at home was a priority. He made wholesale changes for our game against Man Utd and disregarded thousands of our fans that had travelled up. Not only Man Utd game though as he had no interest at all in the cup competitions.
Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 07:46 - Jan 27 with 2806 viewschicoazul

Correct Bullers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 07:56 - Jan 27 with 2777 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 07:45 - Jan 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Not defending Klopp but some people are quick to slate him over 'disregarding' the competition.

Whether it is right or wrong Klopp has got own priorities. We had a manager for whom a draw to Bristol City at home was a priority. He made wholesale changes for our game against Man Utd and disregarded thousands of our fans that had travelled up. Not only Man Utd game though as he had no interest at all in the cup competitions.

Yes but he did at least turn up for them

You really need to let it go. The bad man has gone and we are now happily top of the league in the division below without him

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024