Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Airlift From Wuhan 08:32 - Jan 27 with 906 viewsTangledupin_Blue

USA are, apparently, organising an airlift to bring home their citizens from Wuhan. We, and others, are considering the same.

I am wondering whether it is wise to intentionally fly people from a quarantine zone to all points throughout the world. Especially considering that we, as yet, know little about the level of contagion, incubation period etc.

Would you be happy as a fellow passenger on such a flight? or steward or flight crew? Should any people returning from Wuhan on these flights, if they happen, be placed in quarantine in UK?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Airlift From Wuhan on 08:46 - Jan 27 with 864 viewsOldsmoker

There must be some trapped in Wuhan who carry some clout otherwise they would be told to stay.
I'm sure these people will be screened on their return and isolated if necessary.
I hear a lot about traditional Chinese medicine ref; Bits of tiger, rhino but I'm told that western medicines are also available and are the ones that are used 99% of the time so these Brits would get treatment in China if they need it.
China have not been shy with their warnings of caution and I think that's great because most would play it down to avoid any liabilty.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Airlift From Wuhan on 08:52 - Jan 27 with 851 viewsStokieBlue

Airlift From Wuhan on 08:46 - Jan 27 by Oldsmoker

There must be some trapped in Wuhan who carry some clout otherwise they would be told to stay.
I'm sure these people will be screened on their return and isolated if necessary.
I hear a lot about traditional Chinese medicine ref; Bits of tiger, rhino but I'm told that western medicines are also available and are the ones that are used 99% of the time so these Brits would get treatment in China if they need it.
China have not been shy with their warnings of caution and I think that's great because most would play it down to avoid any liabilty.

China have been better than with SARS but the first infection was in December so they weren't forthcoming to begin with.

I assume you're right they will be isolated and tested before being allowed to mingle with the public.

SB
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 8:53]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Airlift From Wuhan on 08:52 - Jan 27 with 850 viewsGuthrum

Assume it would be done as a separate, medical flight with tests and quarantine at the other end, not on a normal commercial service. The crew would have to be masked/suited up when in contact with passengers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Airlift From Wuhan on 08:58 - Jan 27 with 829 viewsElephantintheRoom

Presumably the Chinese are as keen to export diseased immigrants as we would be in the same situation.

But if it makes you feel any better remember that bloke in Jurassic Park...nature WILL find a way..... deliberately breaking China's quarantine effort is just one helping hand along a way that is already in fast forward.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Airlift From Wuhan on 09:02 - Jan 27 with 804 viewsStokieBlue

Just read the French are going to quarantine people for 14 days after taking the evacuation flight.

I guess it's up to the passengers of they want to take the chance, they won't be forced to evacuate.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024