Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey 11:30 - Jan 27 with 3745 viewsLord_Lucan

Is Marcus Evans involved with Labour selection policy?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 11:34 - Jan 27 with 2978 viewsBluefish

Presumably Super Mick is Tony Blair is this analogy?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 11:39 - Jan 27 with 2956 viewsHighgateBlue

If you think that Long Bailey is probable, I suggest you have a punt on her. She's trading at 6.6 on Betfair, with Keir Starmer at three to one ON.
The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 11:44 - Jan 27 with 2938 viewsLord_Lucan

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 11:39 - Jan 27 by HighgateBlue

If you think that Long Bailey is probable, I suggest you have a punt on her. She's trading at 6.6 on Betfair, with Keir Starmer at three to one ON.

I'm not a betting man but I have £50 on her.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 11:54 - Jan 27 with 2897 viewsHARRY10

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 11:44 - Jan 27 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not a betting man but I have £50 on her.

She has little chance as she is no more than a far left stooge, and even if her competence (lack of) were not a handicap in itself she will be seen as part of the previous failure.
The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 11:58 - Jan 27 with 2880 viewsGlasgowBlue

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 11:54 - Jan 27 by HARRY10

She has little chance as she is no more than a far left stooge, and even if her competence (lack of) were not a handicap in itself she will be seen as part of the previous failure.

The same was said about Corbyn at the beginning of the 2015 campaign.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 12:03 - Jan 27 with 2854 viewshomer_123

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 11:58 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

Trump, Brexit, Corbyn etc etc

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 12:17 - Jan 27 with 2809 viewsFunge

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 11:39 - Jan 27 by HighgateBlue

Dunno man

I laid Hillary Clinton (stop sniggering at the back) at 1.4 in 2016; bookies have got it wrong with that, Brexit and the 2017 GE.

Political betting is a funny one. That said, I can see the value in RLB at 6.6.
The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 12:21 - Jan 27 with 2786 viewsHARRY10

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 11:58 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

eh !

Corbyn was elected leader as he was percieved as being a break from previous Labour leadership who had been accused of being red 'tories'

It was that he had no connections with the past failings that led to his election.
Login to get fewer ads

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 12:51 - Jan 27 with 2712 viewshomer_123

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 12:21 - Jan 27 by HARRY10

eh !

Corbyn was elected leader as he was percieved as being a break from previous Labour leadership who had been accused of being red 'tories'

It was that he had no connections with the past failings that led to his election.

Revisionist.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 12:55 - Jan 27 with 2680 viewshampstead_blue

he was the sympathy candidate for the hard left nutters

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 12:56 - Jan 27 with 2674 viewsElephantintheRoom

He's LibDem - and Labour dont seem to have noticed how being right on trend in selecting a leader on things other than leadership ability ensured the LibDems downward turn steepened.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 13:02 - Jan 27 with 2659 viewsPinewoodblue

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 12:55 - Jan 27 by hampstead_blue

he was the sympathy candidate for the hard left nutters

Almost everyone I know who admits to being a member of the Labour party was firmly in the Andy Burnham camp at the start of the last leadership campaign ended up voting for Corbyn.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 13:02 - Jan 27 with 2653 viewsGlasgowBlue

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 12:21 - Jan 27 by HARRY10

eh !

I was thinking more of your comment that she had “little chance as she is no more than a far left stooge”, as was Corbyn.

The clear favourite, Sir Kier Starmer, is also very connected to the past election defeat. Especially as he was the architect of Labour’s confusing attempt at riding both horses in the Brexit debate which was in did the reasons they suffered heavy losses in the north.

Iron Lion Zion

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 13:13 - Jan 27 with 2626 viewsLord_Lucan

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 11:54 - Jan 27 by HARRY10

That's good news Harry, you are continually wrong about almost everything.

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 13:22 - Jan 27 with 2604 viewshampstead_blue

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 13:02 - Jan 27 by Pinewoodblue

Almost everyone I know who admits to being a member of the Labour party was firmly in the Andy Burnham camp at the start of the last leadership campaign ended up voting for Corbyn.

Burnham would have been a much better choice.
Corbyn just whipped up the young hopeful peeps who felt disenfranchised.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 13:37 - Jan 27 with 2563 viewsHARRY10

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 13:13 - Jan 27 by Lord_Lucan

That's good news Harry, you are continually wrong about almost everything.

err, no
The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 13:40 - Jan 27 with 2554 viewsHARRY10

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 13:02 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

I was thinking more of your comment that she had “little chance as she is no more than a far left stooge”, as was Corbyn.

The clear favourite, Sir Kier Starmer, is also very connected to the past election defeat. Especially as he was the architect of Labour’s confusing attempt at riding both horses in the Brexit debate which was in did the reasons they suffered heavy losses in the north.

Corbyn was hardly a stooge, whereas Mrs Merton has little of any substance
The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 13:42 - Jan 27 with 2552 viewsLord_Lucan

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 13:37 - Jan 27 by HARRY10

err, no

Up to the exit polls you were predicting at least a hung parliament and after 22.00 you went missing.

You were wrong about Trump, BREXIT and Boris.

Everything you say is wrong.

You're a Jonah.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 13:42]

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 14:00 - Jan 27 with 2501 viewsPinewoodblue

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 13:22 - Jan 27 by hampstead_blue

Burnham would have been a much better choice.
Corbyn just whipped up the young hopeful peeps who felt disenfranchised.

The youngest of those I was referring to was in his 40’s, the oldest approaching 70.

Sorry if that doesn’t fit your agenda.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 14:05 - Jan 27 with 2481 viewsGlasgowBlue

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 13:42 - Jan 27 by Lord_Lucan

Up to the exit polls you were predicting at least a hung parliament and after 22.00 you went missing.

You were wrong about Trump, BREXIT and Boris.

Everything you say is wrong.

You're a Jonah.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 13:42]

Did Harry ever pay up on this charity bet?

Election bets... by HARRY10 5 Dec 2019 20:37
I think not - tactical voting will rip him apart and topple a few of his big guns as well.

2017 the momentum was with opposing May, it is now with removing Johnson. That the polls got it so wrong with talk of 70-100 Tory majority is they were still working with outdated methodlogy.

And if you recall it was me who singularly predicted a hung parliament in 2017.

Nine days before that election we had,

"An ICM poll for the Guardian on Tuesday showed Labour gaining ground — a trend consistent with other pollsters — but suggested the Tories are still enjoying a healthy advantage.It placed Ms May on 45 per cent, Labour on 33 per cent, the Lib Dems on 8 per cent and Ukip on 5 per cent."

"Andrew Hawkins, the chairman of ComRes, told The Times: “If voters behave in the way they broadly did in 2015 then the Conservatives remain on track for a 100-plus majority. This seems, on present assumptions, the most likely outcome.”"

Election bets... by Lord_Lucan 5 Dec 2019 20:52
Bookmark this Harry. I bet you Boris gets a whopping majority - a token £10 to charity that he gets a majority????

Iron Lion Zion

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 14:12 - Jan 27 with 2458 viewsLord_Lucan

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 14:05 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

Did Harry ever pay up on this charity bet?

Election bets... by HARRY10 5 Dec 2019 20:37
I think not - tactical voting will rip him apart and topple a few of his big guns as well.

2017 the momentum was with opposing May, it is now with removing Johnson. That the polls got it so wrong with talk of 70-100 Tory majority is they were still working with outdated methodlogy.

And if you recall it was me who singularly predicted a hung parliament in 2017.

Nine days before that election we had,

"An ICM poll for the Guardian on Tuesday showed Labour gaining ground — a trend consistent with other pollsters — but suggested the Tories are still enjoying a healthy advantage.It placed Ms May on 45 per cent, Labour on 33 per cent, the Lib Dems on 8 per cent and Ukip on 5 per cent."

"Andrew Hawkins, the chairman of ComRes, told The Times: “If voters behave in the way they broadly did in 2015 then the Conservatives remain on track for a 100-plus majority. This seems, on present assumptions, the most likely outcome.”"

Election bets... by Lord_Lucan 5 Dec 2019 20:52
Bookmark this Harry. I bet you Boris gets a whopping majority - a token £10 to charity that he gets a majority????

He's gone again!

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 15:10 - Jan 27 with 2386 viewstractordownsouth

I reckon it'll be Starmer. Back in 2015, Corbyn was the anti- establishment candidate and people who have joined are more likely to have done so in order to vote against the Corbynite candidate... I think Starmer's been 'loyal' enough to Corbyn to keep most of the Corbynites onside whilst having a broader appeal.

It's an AV vote too so even if RLB wins the first round she probably wouldn't be the second preference of most Lisa Nandy voters, for example.

As it stands I'm going to rank them as follows:

Nandy
Starmer
big big gap between 2nd and 3rd
Thornberry
RLB
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 15:11]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 15:17 - Jan 27 with 2366 viewslowhouseblue

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 15:10 - Jan 27 by tractordownsouth

I reckon it'll be Starmer. Back in 2015, Corbyn was the anti- establishment candidate and people who have joined are more likely to have done so in order to vote against the Corbynite candidate... I think Starmer's been 'loyal' enough to Corbyn to keep most of the Corbynites onside whilst having a broader appeal.

It's an AV vote too so even if RLB wins the first round she probably wouldn't be the second preference of most Lisa Nandy voters, for example.

Nandy
Starmer
Thornberry
RLB

that's my ranking as well.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 15:53 - Jan 27 with 2313 viewsDarth_Koont

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 15:10 - Jan 27 by tractordownsouth

Nandy
Starmer
Thornberry
RLB

I'd go Starmer, Nandy, RLB, Thornberry.

I agree on the whole with your Starmer assessment. For me he ticks the two most important boxes, and in the most effective way:

A) Committed to change and a new (mostly geographical) redistribution of wealth and power
B) By being who he is and acting like he does, he'll greatly neutralise the OTT right-wing press attacks

Pronouns: He/Him

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 17:45 - Jan 27 with 2223 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The wrong Milliband, Corbyn - and now a probable Rebecca Long Bailey on 15:53 - Jan 27 by Darth_Koont

I'd go Starmer, Nandy, RLB, Thornberry.

I agree on the whole with your Starmer assessment. For me he ticks the two most important boxes, and in the most effective way:

A) Committed to change and a new (mostly geographical) redistribution of wealth and power
B) By being who he is and acting like he does, he'll greatly neutralise the OTT right-wing press attacks

Sexist!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024