Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who would you sign with the funds? 14:15 - Jan 27 with 3554 viewsboroughblue

First of all, yes I accept that they are 'Potentially' available funds now.

Secondly I apologies if this has been brought up already.

Now that we may have some money to use after the bart sale, realistically what area of the pitch would you look to invest in? Because I can't actually think of any areas that need strengthening atm. 4 quality strikers for this division (Norwood, Jackson, Keane and Sears), plenty of options in midfield already, and a very strong back 5 atm.

Genuinely stuck for ideas on this
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 14:17]
So who we you sign with the funds? on 14:17 - Jan 27 with 3091 viewsArnieM

Garbutt

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:18 - Jan 27 with 3076 viewsitfcjoe

Tommy Smith - no brainer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So who we you sign with the funds? on 14:19 - Jan 27 with 3059 viewsboroughblue

So who we you sign with the funds? on 14:17 - Jan 27 by ArnieM

Garbutt

Whist I completely agree, could this not wait until the summer? His contract at Everton is up in the summer no?
So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:24 - Jan 27 with 3009 viewstextbackup

a LB

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:25 - Jan 27 with 3011 viewsxrayspecs

It may only be a few hundred thousand up front, with further add-ons due over coming 18 months. We do not save on his wages as Milwall were paying them this year anyway.

It will probably not enable us to do anything more than a short term deal to the end of the season as our salary spend next season will be capped (at a lower level than this year) against next season's expected revenues.
So who we you sign with the funds? on 14:26 - Jan 27 with 2997 viewsWickets

Garbutt

You can only sign a player who wants to sign why would Garbutt sign for us when he is earning much more an Everton player until the en of this season . He is on 28 grand a week .
So who we you sign with the funds? on 14:41 - Jan 27 with 2919 viewsMrTown

Garbutt

Still got another 6 months on 28k a week, he won't be signing any new deal until that expires.

Don't blame him.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:42 - Jan 27 with 2917 viewsMrTown

So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:18 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Tommy Smith - no brainer

This x100.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

So who we you sign with the funds? on 14:43 - Jan 27 with 2904 viewshadleighboyblue

Garbutt

Why would he sign now and accept a massive pay cut . He will wait until the end of the season to see what division we are in and what other offers he has
So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:44 - Jan 27 with 2897 viewsSuperfrans

So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:25 - Jan 27 by xrayspecs

It may only be a few hundred thousand up front, with further add-ons due over coming 18 months. We do not save on his wages as Milwall were paying them this year anyway.

It will probably not enable us to do anything more than a short term deal to the end of the season as our salary spend next season will be capped (at a lower level than this year) against next season's expected revenues.

If it's £250,000, it would cover the 1 year costs of a free signing on £5k a week. Not much, but potentially useful.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:46 - Jan 27 with 2875 viewsxrayspecs

So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:44 - Jan 27 by Superfrans

If it's £250,000, it would cover the 1 year costs of a free signing on £5k a week. Not much, but potentially useful.

So we would sign someone now on a 12 month deal that ends next January? Would more likely be a 6 month or 18 month deal, the latter would be on a lot lower wages.
So who we you sign with the funds? on 14:49 - Jan 27 with 2853 viewsEdmundo

So who we you sign with the funds? on 14:43 - Jan 27 by hadleighboyblue

Why would he sign now and accept a massive pay cut . He will wait until the end of the season to see what division we are in and what other offers he has

Could probably do a deal now, loan-to-buy in a way, and secure him subject to promotion. We need to showxwe have the funds at least. Otherwise I'd say we need a centre half, but can't see us bringing Smith back. Jacobsen from Wycombe at left back would be a brilliant signing if we can prize him away.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:52 - Jan 27 with 2833 viewshomer_123

I wouldn't sign anyone to be honest.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:52 - Jan 27 with 2833 viewshomer_123

Tommy Smith - no brainer

No need with Earl in place as left sided cover.

So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:55 - Jan 27 with 2815 viewsitfcjoe

So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:52 - Jan 27 by homer_123

No need with Earl in place as left sided cover.

We need another CB if going to persist with 3 at the back, one injury and we are on a knifes edge

So who would you sign with the funds? on 15:13 - Jan 27 with 2732 viewshomer_123

So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:55 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

We need another CB if going to persist with 3 at the back, one injury and we are on a knifes edge

Skuse can play there if needs be - I take your point though.

So who would you sign with the funds? on 15:16 - Jan 27 with 2707 viewsitfcjoe

So who would you sign with the funds? on 15:13 - Jan 27 by homer_123

Skuse can play there if needs be - I take your point though.

He can, but we'd have to change how we play to accomodate him as he'd have to play centrally and you couldn't leave him to be the defender like Wilson has been.

Tommy is here, available, and from what I hear willing to turn down Championship clubs with a hometown discount for us - deals don't often fall into our laps where we are based geographically

So who would you sign with the funds? on 15:31 - Jan 27 with 2640 viewsSwansea_Blue

So who would you sign with the funds? on 14:42 - Jan 27 by MrTown

This x100.

He can't be very good if we could afford a hundred of him

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So who would you sign with the funds? on 15:34 - Jan 27 with 2634 viewshomer_123

So who would you sign with the funds? on 15:16 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

He can, but we'd have to change how we play to accomodate him as he'd have to play centrally and you couldn't leave him to be the defender like Wilson has been.

Tommy is here, available, and from what I hear willing to turn down Championship clubs with a hometown discount for us - deals don't often fall into our laps where we are based geographically

Surely though, if the deal was to be done with Tommy, it could/ should have been done weeks ago?

So who would you sign with the funds? on 15:37 - Jan 27 with 2611 viewsSwansea_Blue

So who would you sign with the funds? on 15:34 - Jan 27 by homer_123

Surely though, if the deal was to be done with Tommy, it could/ should have been done weeks ago?

You'd have thought so wouldn't you, especially as he's training with our U23s. Given the history and having him in the building, I find it inconceivable that it hasn't been discussed, however briefly..

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So who would you sign with the funds? on 15:46 - Jan 27 with 2565 viewsitfcjoe

So who would you sign with the funds? on 15:37 - Jan 27 by Swansea_Blue

You'd have thought so wouldn't you, especially as he's training with our U23s. Given the history and having him in the building, I find it inconceivable that it hasn't been discussed, however briefly..

It has, and presumably still is - but guess we'll see on Friday if it has come to fruition

So who would you sign with the funds? on 15:47 - Jan 27 with 2557 viewsKieran_Knows

So who would you sign with the funds? on 15:46 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

It has, and presumably still is - but guess we'll see on Friday if it has come to fruition

Although I presume he could sign anytime given he's without a club and out of contract?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So who would you sign with the funds? on 16:00 - Jan 27 with 2482 viewschicoazul

Tommy Smith - no brainer

Nah we're alright in defence for now, Skuse can cover across 3 or 4 positions and Kenlock can cover a couple.
I'd like to see us get a proven gnarled old centre forward who can beat people up and give us a change option fro the bench if we need it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So who would you sign with the funds? on 16:03 - Jan 27 with 2475 viewsitfcjoe

So who would you sign with the funds? on 16:00 - Jan 27 by chicoazul

Nah we're alright in defence for now, Skuse can cover across 3 or 4 positions and Kenlock can cover a couple.
I'd like to see us get a proven gnarled old centre forward who can beat people up and give us a change option fro the bench if we need it.

There is the risk that the injury prone Will Keane gets injured and we go from looking well stocked to looking short so think that may be an area we look at

So who would you sign with the funds? on 16:09 - Jan 27 with 2455 viewshadleighboyblue

So who would you sign with the funds? on 15:16 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

I think you are remembering Tommy in his prime , time to move on .

We have players that can cover and have also now got Earle for left sided cover . Surely Tommy wouldn't replace any of the current defenders
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024