Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Smith 16:12 - Jan 27 with 3816 viewsuefacup81

What is this absolute obsession with signing him again? He doesn't fit in with the style that Lambert wants to play, and there's no room in the squad/budget for another first-team CB to be just hanging around on the off-chance of an injury/change of tactics.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Tommy Smith on 00:52 - Jan 28 with 550 viewsStNeotsBlue

Tommy Smith on 16:52 - Jan 27 by homer_123

Indeed - Tommy (I really like him by the way) was never great with the ball at his feet.

Tommy could play a bit more than many gave him credit for, have a look at the build up to Andre's debut goal at Sheffield Wednesday plus he had a goal in him which is a handy bonus attribute for a centre back.

I've no idea on the financial but if it is an option would be a decent deal.
Tommy Smith on 11:21 - Jan 28 with 463 viewsHullblue

Tommy Smith on 00:06 - Jan 28 by lmfcblue

I think Wilson is doing a great job

He's defended well for lots of this season, but he tends to give the ball away under little pressure and it affects our momentum.

Think Tommy is a slightly better passer (without being a great at that aspect) and a better defender too. I don't think he'd have given away that penalty Vs Accrington, for instance - Wilson waited for a split second instead of attacking it.

I know I'm splitting hairs because Wilson's done very well - I just think Tommy is better.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Tommy Smith on 13:45 - Jan 28 with 426 viewsGeoffSentence

Tommy Smith on 00:52 - Jan 28 by StNeotsBlue

Tommy could play a bit more than many gave him credit for, have a look at the build up to Andre's debut goal at Sheffield Wednesday plus he had a goal in him which is a handy bonus attribute for a centre back.

I've no idea on the financial but if it is an option would be a decent deal.

Thanks, I had been trying to think which game he did this in.

Another remarkable aspect of these highlights is how excitable the Wednesday commentators get when they are on the attack and how much less so they are when we score, and yet they still manage to provide a good commentary. I didn't think that was possible. (although they did ignore Forrestieri's blatant push on Chambers later on)

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024