Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? 19:03 - Jan 27 with 10649 viewsMullet

That's Millwall of all teams tearing away our best player for years, and seemingly for a fraction of what he could have cost Brum not that long ago.

Could the brass at the club really have asked for more? Seems the loan deal deadline was cock up, and that's played right into Millwall's hands. I'm not expecting mega money, but on top of all the TV money we're down this season, it's a nice little reminder how bad it'll get next season if we stay down.

Is it even worth getting upset about, when we can effectively just add it to the bill we've been racking up for over a season now?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:19 - Jan 27 with 6516 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

My thoughts;

Surely he is worth at least as much now as he was in the summer. He has performed consistently well in the Championship for his new club.

We look like being on the way to promotion, so are not in as bad a position as we were in the summer.

January is notoriously a sellers market!

How the hell would we have managed to deflate his value. I wouldn't sell to Millwall for a penny less than 900k.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:34 - Jan 27 with 6431 viewsLeoMuff

Does feel like they have done a number on us, I think his wages were so high we got desperate to offload, and agreeing to loan him after the dodgy transfer collapse was hasty, we should have held our nerve at that point I think.

All easy in hindsight

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:34 - Jan 27 with 6435 viewsBasuco

My thought was how much was the loan fee? Does the fee added to the loan fee match the pre-season asking price?
How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:37 - Jan 27 with 6410 viewsElderGrizzly

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:34 - Jan 27 by Basuco

My thought was how much was the loan fee? Does the fee added to the loan fee match the pre-season asking price?

This is a very good point.

Wages were the main reason though. £1m off the wage bill in one hit
How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:42 - Jan 27 with 6359 viewsArnieM

......”tearing away our best player for years “ Really ?? Have a word with yourself 🙄

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:50 - Jan 27 with 6290 viewsHerbivore

It does feel like we've been done a bit on this one. They've had him for half a season and he's done really well there and we then take less money than we were asking for him in the summer when his stock was lower. I can only assume we have one or two targets in mind and this deal enables us to get them done, otherwise it looks a bit nonsensical.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 19:55]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:50 - Jan 27 with 6299 viewsIllinoisblue

it is galling how the likes of milwall, Preston and Blackburn continue to be competitive in the Championship. We’re a bigger club than all three of them. How far we done fell.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:52 - Jan 27 with 6271 viewsMullet

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:42 - Jan 27 by ArnieM

......”tearing away our best player for years “ Really ?? Have a word with yourself 🙄

Who else on the books has won POTY 3 times on the spin then?

Login to get fewer ads

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:54 - Jan 27 with 6257 viewsMullet

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:50 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

It does feel like we've been done a bit on this one. They've had him for half a season and he's done really well there and we then take less money than we were asking for him in the summer when his stock was lower. I can only assume we have one or two targets in mind and this deal enables us to get them done, otherwise it looks a bit nonsensical.

I can only assume they can find someone else in their opinion, and we are desperate for the cash.

It's bad enough having to compete on the field with some of the sh1te we used to expect to beat when they came up for years on end, but to be a carcass for so many sh1t clubs to pick at is degrading.

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 20:52 - Jan 27 with 5941 viewssouthnorfolkblue

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:52 - Jan 27 by Mullet

Who else on the books has won POTY 3 times on the spin then?

Didn’t exactly have much competition though did he. Was the best of a truly dreadful bunch

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 20:52 - Jan 27 with 5939 viewsHARRY10

If we could have afforded his wages thenwe would have had some leverage in the deal. We have lost around £7m (or more) due to lost tv money. To imagine that we could demand a fee for a player we most likely could not pay his wages is absurd. And I think the move to Millwall may have been one that allows him to stay living where he is settled. This is the reality of relegation.
How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 20:54 - Jan 27 with 5926 viewspointofblue

I want to know how we made such a mess of the loan deal which tied us over a barrel come January. Doubt the club will answer any questions; it's just another horrible misstep.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 20:59 - Jan 27 with 5896 viewsagentp

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 20:54 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

I want to know how we made such a mess of the loan deal which tied us over a barrel come January. Doubt the club will answer any questions; it's just another horrible misstep.

We picked up a loan fee and covered his wages. We then sold him for another fee and saved over a million quid in more wages.

We could have just carried on as we were and had we sold him for £3m and everyone would be jumping up and down, but financially the result is the same.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 21:01]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 21:14 - Jan 27 with 5798 viewsReuser_is_God

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:54 - Jan 27 by Mullet

I can only assume they can find someone else in their opinion, and we are desperate for the cash.

It's bad enough having to compete on the field with some of the sh1te we used to expect to beat when they came up for years on end, but to be a carcass for so many sh1t clubs to pick at is degrading.

Will you ever get over the fact we got relegated?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 21:16 - Jan 27 with 5767 viewsHerbivore

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 20:52 - Jan 27 by southnorfolkblue

Didn’t exactly have much competition though did he. Was the best of a truly dreadful bunch

Blimey, I'd hate to see what you think of our current crop if you think a top half Championship side was a 'dreadful bunch'.

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 21:21 - Jan 27 with 5750 viewsMullet

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 21:16 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

Blimey, I'd hate to see what you think of our current crop if you think a top half Championship side was a 'dreadful bunch'.

It's more of the same baffling revisionism that seems to be clinging on isn't it? You might not agree he deserved it three times, but the fact he won it says it all doesn't it? Or am I missing something?

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 21:24 - Jan 27 with 5726 viewsMullet

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 20:59 - Jan 27 by agentp

We picked up a loan fee and covered his wages. We then sold him for another fee and saved over a million quid in more wages.

We could have just carried on as we were and had we sold him for £3m and everyone would be jumping up and down, but financially the result is the same.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 21:01]

How have we saved a million quid on wages if Millwall are already picking up them up? Assuming they send him back, we play him or sell him and in turn send back Norris so any deficit there is well below a million.

I'm not sure including a loan fee is really helpful either from our perspective, they did have him on loan after all. There's nothing to indicate a fee was agreed initially either.

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 21:51 - Jan 27 with 5612 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:19 - Jan 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

My thoughts;

Surely he is worth at least as much now as he was in the summer. He has performed consistently well in the Championship for his new club.

We look like being on the way to promotion, so are not in as bad a position as we were in the summer.

January is notoriously a sellers market!

How the hell would we have managed to deflate his value. I wouldn't sell to Millwall for a penny less than 900k.

While this is all true, there would be a gamble in keeping him. If we were to fail to gain promotion, we would be desperate to get him off the books in the summer and clubs would know it.

We got him on a free and have sold him for a fee. in the meantime, aside from last season, he gave us very good value for money on wages. We have made far worse out of players than this. Onwards and upwards now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:58 - Jan 27 with 5597 viewsagentp

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 21:24 - Jan 27 by Mullet

How have we saved a million quid on wages if Millwall are already picking up them up? Assuming they send him back, we play him or sell him and in turn send back Norris so any deficit there is well below a million.

I'm not sure including a loan fee is really helpful either from our perspective, they did have him on loan after all. There's nothing to indicate a fee was agreed initially either.

Can't be bothered to put too much effort into this. I am in Moldova and tried to reply 6 times and Internet keeps crashing.

Say we keep Bart, cost to £1.3m

Instead we loan him out and have his wages covered. Say we get 200k loan fee and Norris costs us 300k. We then sell Bart for 500k. ITFC plus 400k

We would have to sell Bart for £1.7m to gain the same.

You mention no indication of a deal at the beginning of loan, well there won't be because its undisclosed. If it is now it would likely to have been then.

Yhe way this is done sounds fine for ITFC. We on Twtd only tend to look at the highest net figure.

Incidently undisclosed fees are common practice now as transfers become more complicated. The transfer fee for Millwall will be more than for ITFC and the accounting needs may also vary for both clubs. There isn't a one off figure in most deals anymore.

[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 23:07]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 22:16 - Jan 27 with 5524 viewsCoastalblue

I'm happy enough to have Holy as his replacement, even if we do go up and get a cheaper back up behind him for next season. We have money in the bank now and our squad is no weaker, I would also guess we weren't pressured into a deal so the club must be happy with it?

He goes with my best wishes and I've enjoyed watching him in the past, I also could have throttled him a few times last season. I hope he does well for them but I don't see it as a big deal.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 22:24 - Jan 27 with 5486 viewssundaze

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 21:16 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

How many years ago was that?
How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 22:41 - Jan 27 with 5410 viewsHerbivore

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 22:24 - Jan 27 by sundaze

How many years ago was that?

That we were a top half Championship team? Less than two years ago, although it feels a lot longer.

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 23:17 - Jan 27 with 5276 viewsistanblue

Well and truly I'm afraid. This club has been a soft touch for a long time and this is merely another example of it. Some points to illustrate how bad this deal is:

Loan recall deadline. What was the point of having it if not to either recall Bart and sell to a higher bidder or use it as leverage to extract more money from Millwall?

~900k fee. What a pathetically small fee. A 3 time Player of the Season going for a pittance when he's played well and become a solid fan favourite!? Do me a favour. Yes he's 32 but that's a good age for a GK.

Wage argument. Yes he is our top earner but surely Millwall are paying (at least the majority) of his wages whilst he is there. Why not reassess the situation in the summer?

Millwall. I know they're having a decent season but they ain't gonna be top 6 come the end of the season. This isn't a West Brom or a Leeds who are seriously looking for promotion so the old 'he's doing it to better his career' argument really doesn't stack up. Also worth pointing out we are now losing our best player (over recent seasons at least) to the likes of MILLWALL ffs!

He could've still played for us again. Should we gain promotion (which I think is more than a realistic prospect), he could well have been our #1 in the Championship next season.

Money won't be reinvested. I seriously doubt the money made from this transfer will be reinvested in to making an adequate addition to the squad. At best it will be a cheap loan.

All in all this a bad deal, and don't let the likes of Evans, O'Neill or even Lambert spin tell you any different.
How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 23:29 - Jan 27 with 5230 viewsagentp

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 23:17 - Jan 27 by istanblue

Well and truly I'm afraid. This club has been a soft touch for a long time and this is merely another example of it. Some points to illustrate how bad this deal is:

Loan recall deadline. What was the point of having it if not to either recall Bart and sell to a higher bidder or use it as leverage to extract more money from Millwall?

~900k fee. What a pathetically small fee. A 3 time Player of the Season going for a pittance when he's played well and become a solid fan favourite!? Do me a favour. Yes he's 32 but that's a good age for a GK.

Wage argument. Yes he is our top earner but surely Millwall are paying (at least the majority) of his wages whilst he is there. Why not reassess the situation in the summer?

Millwall. I know they're having a decent season but they ain't gonna be top 6 come the end of the season. This isn't a West Brom or a Leeds who are seriously looking for promotion so the old 'he's doing it to better his career' argument really doesn't stack up. Also worth pointing out we are now losing our best player (over recent seasons at least) to the likes of MILLWALL ffs!

He could've still played for us again. Should we gain promotion (which I think is more than a realistic prospect), he could well have been our #1 in the Championship next season.

Money won't be reinvested. I seriously doubt the money made from this transfer will be reinvested in to making an adequate addition to the squad. At best it will be a cheap loan.

All in all this a bad deal, and don't let the likes of Evans, O'Neill or even Lambert spin tell you any different.

Why are we a soft touch?

Bart has an agent who would have touted Bart to other clubs. Bigger the fee the bigger the sign on. Clearly, no one else wanted him. That agent would also have been part of the loan agreement. We needed him off the books - that was worth over a million and this was the best option at the time for ITFC, Bart and Barts agent.

The club doesn't place a figure on a players head. Interest raises it - the agents raise it. Demand decides it. He had a poor season last season and his value was shot. We are now trading in hindsight.

I don't want to depress you further but the figure isn't 900k and Milwall are in the Championship. I am sure Bart doesn't give a Fcuk if whether they should be bigger than us or not he wants to play at as high a level as he can, to pursue his international career. That last sentence BTW reduces the price further.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 23:33]

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 23:55 - Jan 27 with 5149 viewsEly_Blue

How badly have we been ripped off by Millwall then? on 19:50 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

We didn’t exactly have other clubs fighting to take him off our hands now did we?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024