Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why should Prince Andrew.. 23:01 - Jan 27 with 5101 viewsGirthyguy

Face his alleged crimes in the US when Anne Sacoolas won't face her crime and the Americans won't hand her over?

Not sticking up for Prince Andrew in anyway but it's a bit of a joke right. Justice should be done both ways. Not one rule for one and one for another. Anyone else think the same?
Why should Prince Andrew.. on 00:05 - Jan 28 with 4547 viewsgroovyASH

Because hypocrisy and injustice should not be answered with hypocrisy and injustice

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 05:24 - Jan 28 with 4427 viewsRyorry

Two wrongs don't make a right tho, etc.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 05:47 - Jan 28 with 4410 viewsTractorWood

I understand that rationale but Prince Andrew is a member of the royal family and should really hold himself to higher standards.

The Anne Sacoolas thing is a real problem. It highlights the flaw in our relationship with the US and the disadvantages of an erratic, self serving president. We have no leverage and can only do wrong.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 06:33 - Jan 28 with 4355 viewsbrogansnose

Irrespective of the Sacoolas case, there's no way that Prince Andrew should not be helping the US enquiries about the sexual grooming and exploitation of young girls.
Why should Prince Andrew.. on 06:34 - Jan 28 with 4353 viewsitfcjoe

Don’t they only want Andrew for questioning? It’s not as ridiculous as the Anne situation which is an absolute no brainer but both should have to face up to their responsibilities

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 06:34 - Jan 28 with 4354 viewsOxford_Blue

Because under the law he doesn’t have diplomatic immunity so the comparison isn’t an equivalent one.

Whatever moral criticisms can be made, this is the law as it stands and as this country agreed it.
Why should Prince Andrew.. on 06:42 - Jan 28 with 4335 viewsHARRY10

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 06:33 - Jan 28 by brogansnose

Irrespective of the Sacoolas case, there's no way that Prince Andrew should not be helping the US enquiries about the sexual grooming and exploitation of young girls.

He was helping Epstein "with the sexual grooming and exploitation of young girls"

so she should be able to help any investigation
Why should Prince Andrew.. on 07:13 - Jan 28 with 4257 viewsChrisd

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 06:34 - Jan 28 by Oxford_Blue

Because under the law he doesn’t have diplomatic immunity so the comparison isn’t an equivalent one.

Whatever moral criticisms can be made, this is the law as it stands and as this country agreed it.

From my understanding, she hasn't got diplomatic immunity, it's more the fact that the US won't extradite her.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 07:16 - Jan 28 with 4247 viewsbluelagos

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 00:05 - Jan 28 by groovyASH

Because hypocrisy and injustice should not be answered with hypocrisy and injustice

Indeed.

And his refusal to help does smell of the actions of someone complicit in the crimes that Epstein committed.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 8:06]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 07:34 - Jan 28 with 4203 viewsHARRY10

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 07:13 - Jan 28 by Chrisd

From my understanding, she hasn't got diplomatic immunity, it's more the fact that the US won't extradite her.

Elsewhere it is stated "a special arrangement between the U.S. and the U.K. has been in place since 1994 for RAF Croughton. " which rather beg the question as to why that particular base. Why is it necessary to have it's US staff protected in this way ?

Maybe UK authorities could investigate where Andrew Windsor found £13m to buy a chalet in Switzeeland, and was this intended as a 'bolt hole' should things get a little bit to uncomfortable in the UK. Something that most likely is on his radar given his mum won't live forever.
Why should Prince Andrew.. on 07:45 - Jan 28 with 4170 viewshampstead_blue

Justice would be the thin end of the wedge.

Both sides will sit and wait for this to quietly go away and then we just plod on.

Both sides should allow justice to be done but sadly the British establishment won't allow Andrew and the US won't back down by sheer stubbornness.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 07:56 - Jan 28 with 4133 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 05:47 - Jan 28 by TractorWood

I understand that rationale but Prince Andrew is a member of the royal family and should really hold himself to higher standards.

The Anne Sacoolas thing is a real problem. It highlights the flaw in our relationship with the US and the disadvantages of an erratic, self serving president. We have no leverage and can only do wrong.

Re your last paragraph, it’s easy to jump to that conclusion but also somewhat lazy IMO

Reading between the lines it’s fairly apparent that Sacoolas isn’t a straightforward case, even in DI circles. There are fairly obvious reasons why the US may feel obliged to protect her, and I suspect that the UK would do likewise if the shoe was on the other foot

Obviously in an ideal and just world they would be made to face justice
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 7:58]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 08:01 - Jan 28 with 4115 viewsOxford_Blue

They won’t extradite her because of immunity
Why should Prince Andrew.. on 08:02 - Jan 28 with 4111 viewsOxford_Blue

Agree morally.

However as the law stands it is justice in the US case because the US is operating within the law.
Why should Prince Andrew.. on 08:13 - Jan 28 with 4081 viewsBloomBlue

She has diplomatic immunity but as the wife of someone who had diplomatic immunity. Both are classed as having diplomatic immunity under the 1961 Vienna Convention however some Countries do class the 'partner' as having limited immunity and will allow those to face criminal proceedings if they have committed a crime.

But all countries adhere to the 1961 Vienna Convention, even if she was from an EU country she would still be covered under the 1961 convention and have diplomatic immunity.

The US has far as I know have only ever waived diplomatic immunity once and that was in 1940 and involved a diplomat spying for the German's
Why should Prince Andrew.. on 08:28 - Jan 28 with 4052 viewsGlasgowBlue

Because he may have information that could help the victims of sexual abuse receive justice. And it’s also the right thing to do.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 08:31 - Jan 28 with 4043 viewsitfcjoe

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 08:13 - Jan 28 by BloomBlue

She has diplomatic immunity but as the wife of someone who had diplomatic immunity. Both are classed as having diplomatic immunity under the 1961 Vienna Convention however some Countries do class the 'partner' as having limited immunity and will allow those to face criminal proceedings if they have committed a crime.

But all countries adhere to the 1961 Vienna Convention, even if she was from an EU country she would still be covered under the 1961 convention and have diplomatic immunity.

The US has far as I know have only ever waived diplomatic immunity once and that was in 1940 and involved a diplomat spying for the German's

Regardless, there is surely no one who thinks that she shouldn't face justice for running over and killing a kid whilst driving on the wrong side of the road.

Diplomatic immunity is surely there to protect you if your job leads you down a certain road, not for your partner to act with impunity

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 08:42 - Jan 28 with 4018 viewsHARRY10

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 08:31 - Jan 28 by itfcjoe

Regardless, there is surely no one who thinks that she shouldn't face justice for running over and killing a kid whilst driving on the wrong side of the road.

Diplomatic immunity is surely there to protect you if your job leads you down a certain road, not for your partner to act with impunity

I suspect no one on this side of the pond things she should escape a trial.

However this is a downside of DI. An arrangement that stops citizens working abroad for their government being used as hostages on 'trumped up charges' as with Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

Life isn't fair and I have no doubt those in the UK who allowed her to leave the country judged that US/UK relations and the sanctity of DI was of greater importance than a young man's life.

Not for the first time either I would venture.
Why should Prince Andrew.. on 08:57 - Jan 28 with 3985 viewsChrisd

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 08:01 - Jan 28 by Oxford_Blue

They won’t extradite her because of immunity

Anne Sacoolas was advised to leave the country shortly after the incident and the US embassy said she had diplomatic immunity as the wife of a US agent working in the UK. The Washington Examiner reported that Jonathan Sacoolas did not work for the National Security Agency.

[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 9:09]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 09:38 - Jan 28 with 3892 viewsfactual_blue

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 06:33 - Jan 28 by brogansnose

We're in danger of sweating the small stuff here.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 09:41 - Jan 28 with 3880 viewsHARRY10

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 09:38 - Jan 28 by factual_blue

We're in danger of sweating the small stuff here.

eh ?
Why should Prince Andrew.. on 09:50 - Jan 28 with 3858 viewsLord_Lucan

It's a completely different situation with foreign affairs and it's naive to think otherwise.

Everything is a trade off.............

And it's plainly different when it concerns a member of the royal family - like it or not.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 09:52 - Jan 28 with 3845 viewsRadlett_blue

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 07:45 - Jan 28 by hampstead_blue

Justice would be the thin end of the wedge.

Both sides will sit and wait for this to quietly go away and then we just plod on.

Both sides should allow justice to be done but sadly the British establishment won't allow Andrew and the US won't back down by sheer stubbornness.

If Andrew has done nothing wrong - which is what he keeps insisting - then why won't he co-operate with the investigation? I imagine he could be subpoenaed and them things might get interesting.
I feel for the parents of Harry Dunn, but I didn't understand all the celebrating when Ms Sacoolas was charged as it was still then extremely unlikely that she would ever have to face the charges. I personally think this lawyer Radd Seiger is doing the family a great disservice by relentlessly pursuing what looks like a dead end.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 09:52 - Jan 28 with 3840 viewsfactual_blue

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 09:41 - Jan 28 by HARRY10

eh ?

It's a poor joke about sweating.

It'll come to you in a minute.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why should Prince Andrew.. on 10:07 - Jan 28 with 3795 viewsElephantintheRoom

Erm - isn't enough to have a needy american soap actress in the royal family without giving american ambulance chasers an open invitation?

The alleged incidents are hardly the same. On the one hand some american woman driving on the wrong side of the road.... presumably not deliberately - most would consider that an accident that a vindictive court case will do little to improve the lot of the dead lad, nor stop her driving on the wrong side again... and we are short of places in prison etc etc

On the other a raft of young girls who may or may not have been happy at the time to trade good looks for favours... now smelling hard cash with the assistance of grubby lawyers.... and if there were crimes going on how come no parents were shouting at the time etc etc. A bit like what is going on on every superyacht moored up in the med right now.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024