Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Utter, utter garbage 20:36 - Jan 28 with 2069 viewsitfcjoe

Why are we going long at every opportunity? It just doesn't suit us at all.

As poor as I've ever seen us, thought we'd get it through to half time, but really deserve to be behind.

Hopefully we get the ball down and play second half, as I can't watch another 45 minutes of that.

Just long ball, after long ball, after long ball everytime we get it - and with little success

Sort it out at half time, they can't keep pressing up like they have and we can win this

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Utter, utter garbage on 20:38 - Jan 28 with 2013 viewsGarv

It’s not even as if they’ve forced us into it. We’ve done it from minute 1-45.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Utter, utter garbage on 20:43 - Jan 28 with 1935 viewsLankHenners

We're playing right into their strengths and unsurprisingly it's going to make it a comfortable win for them at this rate.

No quality on the ball at all, long balls pointless as they win every header and Jackson can't keep himself onside.

They're a bunch of physical cloggers - get Bishop on to run at them, Norwood maybe to unsettle them and get the ball on the floor.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Utter, utter garbage on 20:44 - Jan 28 with 1893 viewsRobTheMonk

I'm struggling to comprehend how a team at this level can even play like that. What on earth are the coaching staff and Lambert doing with the lads during training?
Utter, utter garbage on 20:45 - Jan 28 with 1842 viewsKeaneish

Utter, utter garbage on 20:38 - Jan 28 by Garv

It’s not even as if they’ve forced us into it. We’ve done it from minute 1-45.

They're pressing well but then we kew that from PR. They look exactly the same form that game. Limited, physical one dimensional work horses. I'll take a point with a much improved second half footballing display right now. Hate sides like this.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Utter, utter garbage on 20:46 - Jan 28 with 1820 viewsitfcjoe

Utter, utter garbage on 20:43 - Jan 28 by LankHenners

We're playing right into their strengths and unsurprisingly it's going to make it a comfortable win for them at this rate.

No quality on the ball at all, long balls pointless as they win every header and Jackson can't keep himself onside.

They're a bunch of physical cloggers - get Bishop on to run at them, Norwood maybe to unsettle them and get the ball on the floor.

All it needs is Danny Shittu in their back 4 to win every header to really sum it up

Utter, utter garbage on 20:46 - Jan 28 with 1819 viewsdavblue

If you have a physical striker I get it just but we don’t!
Utter, utter garbage on 20:48 - Jan 28 with 1763 viewsDarth_Koont

To be fair, I think Rotherham are decent and certainly neutralising us. They deserve the lead.

We've overpowered teams recently but we'll need to outfootball them here.

I'd rather we were winning by an undeserved goal but on the plus side this is a season-defining half of football for us.

Pronouns: He/Him

Utter, utter garbage on 20:49 - Jan 28 with 1726 viewsunstableblue

Yes it’s bad, but it’s not that bad. We’ve had more possession. Huws is getting closed down, so he’s going long to get out of jail. Although I think Lambert has instructed them to play balls over to get Jackson running on to. When we need to play the triangles.

In the brief spells we’ve played the ball to feet - very brief - we looked like we could stretch them. Downes ran through them easily.

We should beat them as despite having some good players Rotherham don’t seem as effective.

Keep the faith. Can’t get worse.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Utter, utter garbage on 20:50 - Jan 28 with 1691 viewspointofblue

Utter, utter garbage on 20:45 - Jan 28 by Keaneish

They're pressing well but then we kew that from PR. They look exactly the same form that game. Limited, physical one dimensional work horses. I'll take a point with a much improved second half footballing display right now. Hate sides like this.

The worst thing is we did a number on them under Hurst - completely dominated the match and should have been out of sight before being hit by a sucker punch.

Since then we got lucky in the home match last season, got turned over in October and history is repeating itself tonight.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Utter, utter garbage on 20:52 - Jan 28 with 1638 viewsunstableblue

Utter, utter garbage on 20:48 - Jan 28 by Darth_Koont

To be fair, I think Rotherham are decent and certainly neutralising us. They deserve the lead.

We've overpowered teams recently but we'll need to outfootball them here.

I'd rather we were winning by an undeserved goal but on the plus side this is a season-defining half of football for us.

Agree Darth they’re closing Downes and Huws quickly, clearly did their homework.

Utter, utter garbage on 21:14 - Jan 28 with 1510 viewsunstableblue

Utter, utter garbage on 20:49 - Jan 28 by unstableblue

Yes it’s bad, but it’s not that bad. We’ve had more possession. Huws is getting closed down, so he’s going long to get out of jail. Although I think Lambert has instructed them to play balls over to get Jackson running on to. When we need to play the triangles.

In the brief spells we’ve played the ball to feet - very brief - we looked like we could stretch them. Downes ran through them easily.

We should beat them as despite having some good players Rotherham don’t seem as effective.

I take it all back... it’s that bad!!

Utter, utter garbage on 21:15 - Jan 28 with 1505 viewsSwansea_Blue

Utter, utter garbage on 21:14 - Jan 28 by unstableblue

I thought that was a strange post - it's terrible!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Utter, utter garbage on 21:17 - Jan 28 with 1453 viewsN2_Blue

Utter, utter garbage on 21:14 - Jan 28 by unstableblue

big troubles lie ahead. We've beaten accrington and tranmere recently but i don't think the bad form from pre xmas has quite gone, we've not beaten a side in the top 10 of the table. That's pretty telling and even if we end up getting a playoff place what chance have we got if we can beat the better sides.
Top 2...not a chance

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Utter, utter garbage on 21:18 - Jan 28 with 1419 viewsunstableblue

Utter, utter garbage on 21:15 - Jan 28 by Swansea_Blue

I thought that was a strange post - it's terrible!

Rotherham are good though, physical and technical, but they played better at Portman Road

Utter, utter garbage on 21:27 - Jan 28 with 1291 viewsKeaneish

Utter, utter garbage on 21:18 - Jan 28 by unstableblue

Rotherham are good though, physical and technical, but they played better at Portman Road

I’d argue they’re not; we’re just atrocious tonight.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Utter, utter garbage on 21:46 - Jan 28 with 1189 viewsitfcjoe

Utter, utter garbage on 20:49 - Jan 28 by unstableblue

How can you defend that 1st half in any way?! It was that bad

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024