Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Must win” games 21:42 - Jan 28 with 1391 viewsel_nino

Can anyone remember us winning one recently?

Not that tonight was must win, but would have been a nice chance to consolidate a lead at the top.
“Must win” games on 21:45 - Jan 28 with 1359 viewsGarv

If every game is a ‘must win’ it’s really not a must win. Let not keep using that phrase for the sake of it.

Tonight was fxcking dreadful, a disgrace, a mystery, baffling.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

“Must win” games on 22:04 - Jan 28 with 1307 viewsel_nino

Tonight was just one of those games we all knew we wouldn’t win....
“Must win” games on 22:11 - Jan 28 with 1291 viewspointofblue

“Must win” games on 22:04 - Jan 28 by el_nino

Tonight was just one of those games we all knew we wouldn’t win....

I didn't think we'd win but I did think we would show up.

More fool me.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

“Must win” games on 22:23 - Jan 28 with 1265 viewsSimonds92

“Must win” games on 22:11 - Jan 28 by pointofblue

I didn't think we'd win but I did think we would show up.

More fool me.

We never show up when we need to, that's the point of the thread. Its not that we don't get the results its that we lose with a whimper.
“Must win” games on 22:31 - Jan 28 with 1239 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We have failed to beat all of the top 9 sides in the division. However, we are still 2 points off the top.

It is as much about winning nearly all of the games against the lower sides as it is about picking up points against the top sides. Being doubled by Rotherham is disappointing, especially how effective they have been at stopping us scoring. However, get at least a draw against Peterborough and Sunderland and then go on a winning run and all will be well again.

COYB!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

“Must win” games on 22:59 - Jan 28 with 1182 viewsN2_Blue

Play-off final in 2000 i would think.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

“Must win” games on 23:06 - Jan 28 with 1162 viewsgoat_man

This has actually been a problem for about 10 years. As soon as any match has even the slightest bit of pressure on it home/away, we often lose and if we don't lose then it's a draw.

We really are a fan base that is crying out for some feel good matches and stories at some point...
“Must win” games on 23:10 - Jan 28 with 1141 viewsN2_Blue

“Must win” games on 23:06 - Jan 28 by goat_man

This has actually been a problem for about 10 years. As soon as any match has even the slightest bit of pressure on it home/away, we often lose and if we don't lose then it's a draw.

We really are a fan base that is crying out for some feel good matches and stories at some point...

Last time I felt good at winning a pressure game i think was beating WIgan 2-1 under Royle in 05/06 when we should have gone up automatically but then screwed up finished third and lost to west ham in playoffs who were about 12 points behind us

Login to get fewer ads

“Must win” games on 23:15 - Jan 28 with 1128 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

“Must win” games on 23:10 - Jan 28 by N2_Blue

Last time I felt good at winning a pressure game i think was beating WIgan 2-1 under Royle in 05/06 when we should have gone up automatically but then screwed up finished third and lost to west ham in playoffs who were about 12 points behind us

We got bullied in those games v wham! After bowing up after beating Sheffield Utd away!
“Must win” games on 23:18 - Jan 28 with 1119 viewsN2_Blue

“Must win” games on 23:15 - Jan 28 by BtreeBlueBlood

We got bullied in those games v wham! After bowing up after beating Sheffield Utd away!

the West Hams playoff games still haunt me to this day, especially after being so well placed after the two first legs of each tie

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024