Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
80 minutes of going long 21:44 - Jan 28 with 1884 viewsitfcjoe

Didn't put 2 passes together or have a shot

10 minutes when we got it down a little bit and 2 shots on target and hit the post.

Thought Norris, Downes and Wilson only ones to come out with much credit.

Judge was dreadful, and Huws not much better.

Totally wrong game plan, and was obvious from minute 1

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

80 minutes of going long on 21:45 - Jan 28 with 1863 viewsOxford_Blue

Rotherham didn’t let us play.
80 minutes of going long on 21:45 - Jan 28 with 1842 viewsTractorWood

Agree with all of that. Edwards was woeful.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

80 minutes of going long on 21:46 - Jan 28 with 1812 viewsskyblue23

Judge didn’t have his best game but to single him out when the ball is constantly bypassing him because of long ball after long ball I don’t agree with. The whole team were awful.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

80 minutes of going long on 21:47 - Jan 28 with 1806 viewsportmanking

How does Norris come out of that with credit? Am I missing something with him? Totally at fault/zero presence for their goal and frankly no better distribution than Holy.
80 minutes of going long on 21:47 - Jan 28 with 1778 viewspointofblue

80 minutes of going long on 21:45 - Jan 28 by Oxford_Blue

Sorry, were they meant to?

The issue isn't Rotherham stopped us playing, it's we completely failed to adapt and not for the first time this season. When things go against us Lambert is clueless in terms of how to turn it around.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

80 minutes of going long on 21:47 - Jan 28 with 1772 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Rotherham are a strong side and would be my team to win the league. Every season they're in League One they do well and usually get promoted.

I would take a guess that Town will finish 4th or 5th.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

80 minutes of going long on 21:48 - Jan 28 with 1742 viewsN2_Blue

All of this just reiterates to me that Lambert is not a very good manger or tactician. I'm very disappointed we'be given him a 5 year contract, i'm totally unconvinced by him. Most managers with this squad could beat the likes of accrington and Tranmere

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

80 minutes of going long on 21:49 - Jan 28 with 1727 viewsitfcjoe

We didn't try to, we weren't brave in possession

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

80 minutes of going long on 21:50 - Jan 28 with 1659 viewsclive_baker

80 minutes of going long on 21:47 - Jan 28 by portmanking

How does Norris come out of that with credit? Am I missing something with him? Totally at fault/zero presence for their goal and frankly no better distribution than Holy.

He had a man on his toes for the goal. While it was questionable the defending was shocking. Aside from the goal he kept us in it at times. On balance he did OK, as did Downes. Otherwise we were crap.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

80 minutes of going long on 21:50 - Jan 28 with 1657 viewsdavblue

Garbutt was abysmal. That was shocking.

Nowhere near good enough in the final 3rd. They are a well drilled, direct team who like to stay in a shape. We need wingers in this team, draw ppl out of position, break through the lines, we have none of that in that team today and that’s why against well drilled teams we struggle to lay a glove on them.
80 minutes of going long on 21:51 - Jan 28 with 1639 viewsSamWhiteUK

80 minutes of going long on 21:49 - Jan 28 by itfcjoe

Not strong enough off the ball, and didn't even seem to try to create when we were on it, for 80 minutes as you say.

It honestly seems sometimes when we get the ball down and move it about that the game looks easy for us. So why the hell do we insist on making things so hard for ourselves?? you can't play direct against a big, big side like that, it's obvious!
80 minutes of going long on 21:51 - Jan 28 with 1615 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

very disappointed with Huws, long balls over the top that were misplaced every time. Downes battled like a demon, Wilson solid, Norris good, Norwood lively, but the rest were just running around like headless chickens

Poll: would you rather

80 minutes of going long on 21:53 - Jan 28 with 1585 viewsdavblue

80 minutes of going long on 21:49 - Jan 28 by itfcjoe

As the old saying goes win the battle first, then I play your football. We did neither all game.
80 minutes of going long on 21:53 - Jan 28 with 1580 viewsrattram

80 minutes of going long on 21:47 - Jan 28 by portmanking

Norris made 3 good saves, but bad error for their goal. The front 2 must have been offside at least 10 times and when they weren't the ball was punted aimlessly straight to their keeper. The display was total crap and a major disappointment and we need better tactics for this weekend.
80 minutes of going long on 21:55 - Jan 28 with 1549 viewsRobTheMonk

The hoofing in the first half was unbearable. No ideas in the second half until Norwood came on. Jackson summed up the game and his performance by running to chase down one of their players, nicking the ball in a good crossing position with about 6 people in the box and proceeding to hit one of the worst crosses in recent memory - so bad it went off for a throw-in about 35 yards on the other side.
80 minutes of going long on 21:59 - Jan 28 with 1504 viewsdavblue

80 minutes of going long on 21:48 - Jan 28 by N2_Blue

All of this just reiterates to me that Lambert is not a very good manger or tactician. I'm very disappointed we'be given him a 5 year contract, i'm totally unconvinced by him. Most managers with this squad could beat the likes of accrington and Tranmere

He’s yesterday’s man.

I will be surprised if he ends up doing anything here. I’ve seen nothing from him to convince me so far.

I know some will say we are 3rd in the league, but we could easily slip out of the play offs this season as it’s so tight and it wouldn’t surprise me either.

A big few days to get the right personnel to carry us over the line.
80 minutes of going long on 22:04 - Jan 28 with 1418 viewsN2_Blue

80 minutes of going long on 21:59 - Jan 28 by davblue

He’s yesterday’s man.

I will be surprised if he ends up doing anything here. I’ve seen nothing from him to convince me so far.

I know some will say we are 3rd in the league, but we could easily slip out of the play offs this season as it’s so tight and it wouldn’t surprise me either.

A big few days to get the right personnel to carry us over the line.

yep, completely agree. I think we might scrape the playoffs but only because of some favourable fixtures at home remaining....but i think we have zero chance of winning them.

Lambert has shown nothing this season, i really can't count many games we've dominated....nearly two thirds way through season in LEAGUE 1 and we are struggling in most games to exert any authority....i think that lies with Lambert more than the owner or the playing staff!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

80 minutes of going long on 22:06 - Jan 28 with 1376 viewsElderGrizzly

Top 2 in the league are both strong, very direct physical sides and we get it wrong against those types under Mick and Lambert.

Play to our strengths we beat them, but we decided to try and match them in their directness and looked woeful

At least Peterborough try and play passing football and importantly broke their away hoodoo before they play us!
80 minutes of going long on 22:23 - Jan 28 with 1288 viewsBramidan

80 minutes of going long on 22:06 - Jan 28 by ElderGrizzly

Top 2 in the league are both strong, very direct physical sides and we get it wrong against those types under Mick and Lambert.

Play to our strengths we beat them, but we decided to try and match them in their directness and looked woeful

At least Peterborough try and play passing football and importantly broke their away hoodoo before they play us!

If you know the opposition are bigger, stronger and you know how they are going to approach the game surely you try to come up with a plan in order to nullify that threat.
Trying to take them on at their game is never going to work, so do something different!
Could try passing it on the ground?
Still what do I know?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024