Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on 23:19 - Jan 28 with 5103 viewskizaitfc

We will see just what a good player we passed up on Saturday.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 23:57 - Jan 28 with 4522 viewsPhilTWTD

Don't think there was any interest in him.
Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 08:06 - Jan 29 with 4347 viewsallezlesbleus

He seems to have made quite an impact at P'Boro already.
Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 08:08 - Jan 29 with 4335 viewsHerbivore

Really annoyed it looks like United are pipping us to Bruno Fernandes as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 08:22 - Jan 29 with 4322 viewsIpswichKnight

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 08:08 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

FFS LAMBERT OUT
Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 10:51 - Jan 29 with 4203 viewskizaitfc

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 08:08 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

I know Sammie's brother Jack and played football with him a few years back.

He told me that he would have been very interested in moving to Ipswich on loan as his family all live in Colchester.

So not as crazy a deal as you suggest

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 10:54 - Jan 29 with 4188 viewsHerbivore

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 10:51 - Jan 29 by kizaitfc

I know Sammie's brother Jack and played football with him a few years back.

He told me that he would have been very interested in moving to Ipswich on loan as his family all live in Colchester.

So not as crazy a deal as you suggest

I'm not suggesting it's crazy, I'm suggesting we were never in for him. You can't claim we missed out on a player we were never in for.

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 12:03 - Jan 29 with 4107 viewsArnieM

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 10:54 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

I'm not suggesting it's crazy, I'm suggesting we were never in for him. You can't claim we missed out on a player we were never in for.

Therefore it beggars the question, why weren’t we in for him?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 12:05 - Jan 29 with 4099 viewskizaitfc

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 10:54 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

Surely that is the definition of missing out on a player???

He was available, would have IMO been interested and would have been an improvement on our current midfield.

Login to get fewer ads

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 12:26 - Jan 29 with 4063 viewsHerbivore

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 12:03 - Jan 29 by ArnieM

Therefore it beggars the question, why weren’t we in for him?

Because we have a ton of central midfield options already I imagine.

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 12:28 - Jan 29 with 4056 viewsHerbivore

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 12:05 - Jan 29 by kizaitfc

Surely that is the definition of missing out on a player???

He was available, would have IMO been interested and would have been an improvement on our current midfield.

Missing out on a player usually involves actually being interested in them to begin with. You wouldn't say someone had missed out on catching a bus when they never had any intention of catching a bus in the first place.

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 12:29 - Jan 29 with 4060 viewsArnieM

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 12:26 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

Because we have a ton of central midfield options already I imagine.

Granted, But two of those are injury prone. And the Bristol player does appear to have that missing element we so badly need right now .

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 12:42 - Jan 29 with 4028 viewsHerbivore

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 12:29 - Jan 29 by ArnieM

Granted, But two of those are injury prone. And the Bristol player does appear to have that missing element we so badly need right now .

I don't think we could justify using any budget we have this month on adding to the most well stocked area of our squad to be honest.

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 13:08 - Jan 29 with 3991 viewsArnieM

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 12:42 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

I don't think we could justify using any budget we have this month on adding to the most well stocked area of our squad to be honest.

Well you have to wonder what that player could have inflicted on Rotherham last night, where Judge clearly had no impact.

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 13:30 - Jan 29 with 3972 viewskizaitfc

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 12:28 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

Missing out on a player usually involves actually being interested in them to begin with. You wouldn't say someone had missed out on catching a bus when they never had any intention of catching a bus in the first place.

If they could have caught the bus but instead chose to walk in the rain, you could say that person missed out on the chance to catch the bus.

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 13:31 - Jan 29 with 3970 viewskizaitfc

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 12:42 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

So our midfield doesn't need improving?

We need to move past the whole well stocked ideas and players coming back from injury.

If we have the opportunity to sign a player who is clearly a step above what we have IMO we should be doing it.

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 13:53 - Jan 29 with 3931 viewsHerbivore

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 13:31 - Jan 29 by kizaitfc

So our midfield doesn't need improving?

We need to move past the whole well stocked ideas and players coming back from injury.

If we have the opportunity to sign a player who is clearly a step above what we have IMO we should be doing it.

No, I don't feel central midfield is an area that needs improving. We're not playing a game of Football Manager here, mate.

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 16:47 - Jan 29 with 3854 viewsstrikalite

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 13:53 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

No, I don't feel central midfield is an area that needs improving. We're not playing a game of Football Manager here, mate.

Though we do lack goals from midfield, notice that Posh have brought in two players in the window, this lad who scored goals with Col U and the Barnet lad who has scored 9 goals this season from midfield..
Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 17:14 - Jan 29 with 3806 viewsHerbivore

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 16:47 - Jan 29 by strikalite

Though we do lack goals from midfield, notice that Posh have brought in two players in the window, this lad who scored goals with Col U and the Barnet lad who has scored 9 goals this season from midfield..

They're replacing Maddison and they play a pretty different system from us.

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 17:32 - Jan 29 with 3793 viewsstrikalite

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 17:14 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

They're replacing Maddison and they play a pretty different system from us.

But they recruit very smartly, we do have numbers to cover midfield, not convinced we have enough of a goal threat though...

Be interesting to see what happens with Maddison, not even in the squad now...
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 17:33]
Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 18:01 - Feb 1 with 3518 viewskizaitfc

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 18:02 - Feb 1 with 3514 viewsTown_Boy

At 23k a week you just be crazy to think we ever stood a chance

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 18:05 - Feb 1 with 3481 viewsSamWhiteUK

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 18:02 - Feb 1 by Town_Boy

Yeah I'm sure P'boro are paying him that
Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 18:07 - Feb 1 with 3470 viewskizaitfc

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 18:02 - Feb 1 by Town_Boy

So Peterborough can afford it but we cant

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 18:07 - Feb 1 with 3461 viewsSimonds92

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 23:57 - Jan 28 by PhilTWTD

Don't think there was any interest in him.

I think this just highlights how clueless our recruitment team has been for numerous years. If fans are aware of good players in the lower leagues how are they not picked up? Peterborough have taken players like that time and time again and been rewarded for it when we have preferred to sign a Stephen Gleeson / Richard Chaplow / Nathan Ellington and numerous other players on the downward curve of their careers.
Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 18:11 - Feb 1 with 3423 viewsHerbivore

Sammie Szmodics another player missed out on on 18:01 - Feb 1 by kizaitfc

Good tackle on the goalie, I'll give him that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024