Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
forgive me Father, for I have sinned 08:09 - Jan 29 with 1562 viewsartsbossbeard

I've just read PL's post match stuff about knowing that we were going to come under aerial bombardment from Rotherham last night.

A good tactic here would've been to NOT lump the ball straight up to their centre backs when in possession at the back and with time on the ball.

I'm looking at you here, Wilson.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 08:13 - Jan 29 with 1520 viewsHerbivore

I do quite enjoy PL's admission that despite knowing how Rotherham would play we didn't bother having a game plan to counter it. Top work, Paul.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 08:16 - Jan 29 with 1501 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wilson is a no nonsense defender whose selection has allowed the Wolf and Chambers to join are attacking play recently. But he is a limited footballer and his distribution is poor.

That said, Chambers was guilty if hoofing it a few tines last night and other than one run from Downes, our midfield kept turning back on themselves and passing the ball back for our defenders to hoof under pressure rather than looking to make a defence spitting pass.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 08:35 - Jan 29 with 1375 viewsRobTheMonk

forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 08:16 - Jan 29 by GlasgowBlue

Wilson is a no nonsense defender whose selection has allowed the Wolf and Chambers to join are attacking play recently. But he is a limited footballer and his distribution is poor.

That said, Chambers was guilty if hoofing it a few tines last night and other than one run from Downes, our midfield kept turning back on themselves and passing the ball back for our defenders to hoof under pressure rather than looking to make a defence spitting pass.

On last nights showing, Wilson is actually a tricky winger with a half decent cross!
forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 08:39 - Jan 29 with 1366 viewsitfcjoe

There was no bravery shown in possession, we only tried to beat the press 2 or 3 times in the game and caused them problems with that - Keane broke and got Crooks booked, Downes similar and played in Jackson.

It was crying out for Bishop because Judge was so negative with possession and so loose with it if trying to go forwards.

For Lambert to claim going long wasn't the game plan is clearly a lie, it was obvious from quite literally the first minute - the first 10 minutes were utter dross from both teams, we didn't improve whereas they did

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 08:45 - Jan 29 with 1321 viewsRobTheMonk

forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 08:39 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

There was no bravery shown in possession, we only tried to beat the press 2 or 3 times in the game and caused them problems with that - Keane broke and got Crooks booked, Downes similar and played in Jackson.

It was crying out for Bishop because Judge was so negative with possession and so loose with it if trying to go forwards.

For Lambert to claim going long wasn't the game plan is clearly a lie, it was obvious from quite literally the first minute - the first 10 minutes were utter dross from both teams, we didn't improve whereas they did

*First second. Back to Chambers and Hoooof.... straight into touch lol. Summed up the whole game.
forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 08:53 - Jan 29 with 1265 viewshomer_123

It's been a long standing problem for us. Our inability to move the ball quickly - especially against teams that close us down.

The last three matches illustrate this - the two home games we were afforded time and space, yesterday we weren't and we couldn't cope.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 09:01 - Jan 29 with 1216 viewsCoco

The players who you need to show composure and intelligence in these situations are the ones to blame 👀 judge and huws.

Judge was infuriating with his panicky rushed play every time he managed to get hold if the ball. Brainless.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 09:12 - Jan 29 with 1173 viewsKeaneish

Rotherham pressed high and swarmed us in the middle giving us no time to play hence lumping it. I can’t believe with the quality we have and the foresight after the defeat at PR that we A - resorted to that and B - capitulated in that manner epitomised by Wolfenden’s 10 yard pass that went out for a throw.

Players have off games but I’ve never seen an entire side have one (Downes and Norwood excluded) especially not in a game of such magnitude. Woeful.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 09:33 - Jan 29 with 1074 viewsFixed_It

I very much doubt it is a 'lie'. Because if it was the gameplan it would have been easy enough to change it. But when you have so many players suddenly having a shocker all at once and panicking in possession, that is what you get.
Agree re Bishop though. It would have changed the dynamic and seemed the obvious change to make, specially after the passages of play that you mention.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 10:13 - Jan 29 with 1002 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chambo and Woolfie were by far the worst offenders I thought, and then Wilson must have thought 'stuff this, I may as well join them'.

It was a most bizarre approach; I suppose the logic was that with Rotherham pushing up to press, there would have been space behind for direct balls. That only works if you're able to pick those long passes and if there's someone on the end of them who can find space and hold on to the ball. None of that happened. Not mixing it up was also a very strange choice.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 10:15 - Jan 29 with 992 viewstextbackup

forgive me Father, for I have sinned on 08:45 - Jan 29 by RobTheMonk

*First second. Back to Chambers and Hoooof.... straight into touch lol. Summed up the whole game.

Every single FCING kick off we take is the same hoof sht

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Apparently it wasn't a tactic.... on 10:26 - Jan 29 with 963 viewsBloots

....which means one of two things:

1. Our manager is a liar
2. Our players randomly and totally independently decided to change their entire style of play for this match.

I wonder?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024