Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... 14:06 - Jan 29 with 1575 viewsunstableblue

.... our dumbing down as a nation commences, Boris will be pleased. Won't have to excuse himself from serious journalism as there won't be any.

But we'll have Love Island and Piers Morgan, yay!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 14:14 - Jan 29 with 1550 viewsHARRY10

bread and circuses.... thats all what the plebs want

(and those naughty brown face folk to go home)
BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 14:15 - Jan 29 with 1544 viewsartsbossbeard

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 14:14 - Jan 29 by HARRY10

bread and circuses.... thats all what the plebs want

(and those naughty brown face folk to go home)

Mrs Brown's Boys too.

NTA Comedy of the year award 2019 last night.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 14:20 - Jan 29 with 1527 viewsjimsymBLUE

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 14:15 - Jan 29 by artsbossbeard

Mrs Brown's Boys too.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 14:26 - Jan 29 with 1492 viewsfactual_blue

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 14:15 - Jan 29 by artsbossbeard

Mrs Brown's Boys too.

That was people voting, right?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 14:28 - Jan 29 with 1485 viewsartsbossbeard

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 14:26 - Jan 29 by factual_blue

That was people voting, right?

A valid point, well made.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 14:32 - Jan 29 with 1460 viewschicoazul

Who cares if Newsnight make "fewer films"?
The BBC has had it in its' current form. It should move to subscriber only and open up its' entire archive for digital viewing, listening etc.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 14:48 - Jan 29 with 1414 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Newsnight is sh1te, not a serious political programme.

Paxman ruined it with his inept style of "look at me" interviewing, and that became the norm.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 15:49 - Jan 29 with 1339 viewsElephantintheRoom

Hmm given just how many BBC newshounds there are I think they could have been a bit more liberal with the scalpel... 3.500 in the news dept alone. Far fewer journos and far more incisive reporting sounds a decent recipe to me... after all it is the taxpayer who is funding it all.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 17:13 - Jan 29 with 1252 viewsLord_Lucan

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 14:32 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

The BBC has had it in its' current form. It should move to subscriber only and open up its' entire archive for digital viewing, listening etc.

Gary Lineker has suggested that the licence fee be voluntary, maybe we could vote on the horrible little creeps salary as well.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 17:34 - Jan 29 with 1228 viewsJ2BLUE

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 17:13 - Jan 29 by Lord_Lucan

Gary Lineker has suggested that the licence fee be voluntary, maybe we could vote on the horrible little creeps salary as well.

Exactly. His salary alone takes the licence fee from 11,326 households. I love the BBC and don't resent my licence fee but there are clear and obvious savings to be made.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 17:38 - Jan 29 with 1215 viewsfooters

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 14:32 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

They, along with ITV, have done just that with BritBox. I haven't signed up yet but am tempted by the one month free just to watch Kenneth Clark's Civilization... and possibly some Keeping Up Appearances. The whole catalogue would be incredible though.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 18:07 - Jan 29 with 1178 viewschicoazul

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 17:38 - Jan 29 by footers

They, along with ITV, have done just that with BritBox. I haven't signed up yet but am tempted by the one month free just to watch Kenneth Clark's Civilization... and possibly some Keeping Up Appearances. The whole catalogue would be incredible though.

Civilization is free on iPlayer my G, I watched it last summer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b00dtjbv/civilisation

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 18:09 - Jan 29 with 1172 viewsfooters

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 18:07 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

Civilization is free on iPlayer my G, I watched it last summer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b00dtjbv/civilisation

As helpful as you are handsome. BritBox can get fcked in that case :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 18:10 - Jan 29 with 1165 viewschicoazul

BBC to axe 450 jobs, including Newsnight to make savings.... on 18:09 - Jan 29 by footers

As helpful as you are handsome. BritBox can get fcked in that case :)

If you do get a month's free trial, watch The Shadow Line. Fantastic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024