Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good article on milk alternatives 15:36 - Jan 29 with 847 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jan/28/what-plant-milk-should-i-dri

Quite an interesting read on the sustainability front. They need to add a blind taste test really to get the full picture.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Good article on milk alternatives on 15:40 - Jan 29 with 822 viewsmonytowbray

Awaits “what about almonds” reply...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Good article on milk alternatives on 15:44 - Jan 29 with 821 viewsElephantintheRoom

They didn't include the most practical and eco-warrior friendly alternative of the lot - which is the one I go for..... doing without and having black coffee.

My vegan bee-saving offspring were pleased with the oatilmate winner tho

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Good article on milk alternatives on 15:50 - Jan 29 with 794 viewsStokieBlue

Good article on milk alternatives on 15:40 - Jan 29 by monytowbray

Awaits “what about almonds” reply...

Almonds are covered in there along with many other types. Apparently hazelnut milk is the better option for nut milk. I didn't realise they imported bees to pollinate almond trees.

Wouldn't that make it non-vegan to some hardcore types?

Basically the article concludes all are better than dairy.

SB

Good article on milk alternatives on 15:58 - Jan 29 with 779 viewsflimflam

Really do not understand why we as humans drink so much milk from another species and also drink it well into adulthood.

Plus pasteurized cows milk is actually not good for us in fact it quite the opposite.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Good article on milk alternatives on 16:03 - Jan 29 with 756 viewsJ2BLUE

Great to see oat milk leading the way. It's by far the nicest dairy alternative I have tried and can't help feeling smug about taking oats which would have been used to feed animals and making a milk alternative out of them. No meat, no dairy milk, oat milk with minimal added environmental impact. Win, win, win.

Good nugget of info about Oatly as well, their barista version is my favourite and i've happily been having the odd glass of chilled oat milk which is something I never did with dairy milk.

Just need Costa to get oat milk now as i've gone off their coconut milk and the almond version is awful. Both too sweet tasting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good article on milk alternatives on 16:03 - Jan 29 with 754 viewsmonytowbray

Good article on milk alternatives on 15:50 - Jan 29 by StokieBlue

Almonds are covered in there along with many other types. Apparently hazelnut milk is the better option for nut milk. I didn't realise they imported bees to pollinate almond trees.

Wouldn't that make it non-vegan to some hardcore types?

Basically the article concludes all are better than dairy.

SB

It would in theory yes, although at present there's very little information out there in terms of the extent of the practice of using bees for pollination so it's hard to suss it all out. There's a practice of travelling with bees in the cargo that there's still yet to be much said about bar the odd "this happens" comment.

TWTD never forgets…

Good article on milk alternatives on 16:34 - Jan 29 with 711 viewsgiant_stow

Good article on milk alternatives on 16:03 - Jan 29 by monytowbray

It would in theory yes, although at present there's very little information out there in terms of the extent of the practice of using bees for pollination so it's hard to suss it all out. There's a practice of travelling with bees in the cargo that there's still yet to be much said about bar the odd "this happens" comment.

I read an article about a bloke who takes his bees almond farm to almond farm, but at lot die off in each trip. They're not sure why, but probably because of the pestisides.

Here are: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jan/07/honeybees-deaths-almonds-hiv
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 16:35]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Good article on milk alternatives on 16:35 - Jan 29 with 706 viewsmonytowbray

Good article on milk alternatives on 16:34 - Jan 29 by giant_stow

I read an article about a bloke who takes his bees almond farm to almond farm, but at lot die off in each trip. They're not sure why, but probably because of the pestisides.

Here are: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jan/07/honeybees-deaths-almonds-hiv
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 16:35]

Being vegan is a mine field for sure.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Good article on milk alternatives on 16:37 - Jan 29 with 695 viewsgiant_stow

Good article on milk alternatives on 16:35 - Jan 29 by monytowbray

Yes, I don't know what you're sposed to do tbh - trouble and issues everywhere.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Good article on milk alternatives on 16:51 - Jan 29 with 665 viewsStokieBlue

Good article on milk alternatives on 16:35 - Jan 29 by monytowbray

I can certainly see that would be the case, although it depends on how draconian you are with yourself I guess.

I wonder if there is any organism on the planet which doesn't exploit or use a different organism in some form. Survival of the fittest lends itself to that type of life. Of course humans have mostly taken themselves out of the evolutionary cycle via intelligence and technology so there is a good case to be made that we should be doing exactly as you are and affecting as few other species as possible.

I have used the Oatly products as dairy substitutes to make a cheesecake (along with agar-agar to set) and it was rather good. Cheesecake is mostly sugar though.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024