Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe 16:09 - Jan 29 with 7675 viewsSitfcB

Surely they won’t get another job again?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 16:10]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 16:11 - Jan 29 with 4948 viewsbluesym

Scunny fans seem to think they walked? They dont seem overly pleased by the news!

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 16:12 - Jan 29 with 4948 viewsFixed_It

They'll be Shorpe now then.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Great comment on Twitter.... on 16:17 - Jan 29 with 4873 viewsBloots

...."He's not done much damage, we were sh*t anyway"

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 16:19 - Jan 29 with 4851 viewsITFC_Forever

If they are the ones that walked, which the Scunny fans seem to think, it won't have hurt their reputations too much.

They may have already got something lined up, which is why they have walked.....

In other news, Cambridge sacked Calderwood this morning (although I'm not suggesting PH and Deputy Doig are going there necessarily).

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 16:26 - Jan 29 with 4744 viewsPendejo

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 16:19 - Jan 29 by ITFC_Forever

If they are the ones that walked, which the Scunny fans seem to think, it won't have hurt their reputations too much.

They may have already got something lined up, which is why they have walked.....

In other news, Cambridge sacked Calderwood this morning (although I'm not suggesting PH and Deputy Doig are going there necessarily).

Def info... they are going to be given the freedom of the city of Naaridge, and replace Farke

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 16:30 - Jan 29 with 4709 viewsPendejo

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 16:12 - Jan 29 by Fixed_It

Took me way too long to get it...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:00 - Jan 29 with 4483 viewsSmithy

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 16:12 - Jan 29 by Fixed_It

post of the decade so far!

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:10 - Jan 29 with 4428 viewsBluefish

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:00 - Jan 29 by Smithy

post of the decade so far!

I got a lengthy ban on here for a not too dissimilar post

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:13 - Jan 29 with 4399 viewsBluefish

Lambo manages to get jobs still so they should be ok

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:14 - Jan 29 with 4397 viewsReuser_is_God

That's a shame.

With our pending relegation I was hoping to be able to unveil my 'Hurst & Doig are cnts' banner next season, that's now out the window.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:15 - Jan 29 with 4384 viewsReuser_is_God

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:13 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

Lambo manages to get jobs still so they should be ok

They may Lambo look Guardiola.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:19 - Jan 29 with 4353 viewsjeera

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:10 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

Let's see it - word for word.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:45 - Jan 29 with 4259 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 16:19 - Jan 29 by ITFC_Forever

I wouldn't go to Cambridge to manage, impossible job in my opinion. Shaun Derry was doing well there keeping them mid table on a shoestring budget and even that wasn't good enough for them.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 18:01 - Jan 29 with 4199 viewsLord_Lucan

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 16:26 - Jan 29 by Pendejo

Def info... they are going to be given the freedom of the city of Naaridge, and replace Farke

That may not be too far off the mark.

If I win the Euro Millions I'm buying Norwich and the first thing I will do is give Hurst and Doig a 10 year contract

I'm going to put Delia behind the bar and give Peter Mendham some kind of player family support roll.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 18:02 - Jan 29 with 4180 viewsfooters

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 18:01 - Jan 29 by Lord_Lucan

That may not be too far off the mark.

If I win the Euro Millions I'm buying Norwich and the first thing I will do is give Hurst and Doig a 10 year contract

I'm going to put Delia behind the bar and give Peter Mendham some kind of player family support roll.

Would that roll be white or wholemeal? And do you have any plans for Stephen Fry in this scenario? Co-assistant manager?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 18:24 - Jan 29 with 4074 viewsMattinLondon

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:10 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

That’s because everyone is against you.

Victim mentality.
Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 19:02 - Jan 29 with 3959 viewsBluefish

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:19 - Jan 29 by jeera

Let's see it - word for word.

It said:

we are playing Scunthorpe this weekend, I can see roy keane in Scunthorpe.

That was word for word. Funny old place.

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 19:03 - Jan 29 with 3948 viewsBluefish

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:15 - Jan 29 by Reuser_is_God

Their Championship records with Ipswich aren't too dissimilar even with the extra millions in wages and loans fees that PRP spent

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 19:04 - Jan 29 with 3941 viewsjeera

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 19:02 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

It said:

we are playing Scunthorpe this weekend, I can see roy keane in Scunthorpe.

That was word for word. Funny old place.

I have to admit that anagrams aren't my best trait.

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 19:25 - Jan 29 with 3848 viewsoneoffposter

Find this taking joy from 2 men losing their jobs all bit pathetic, it didn’t work out with us as some signings didn’t work out and some players they inherited didn’t like getting some home Truths ie Chambo being told he’s crap

Hurst despite not being any good in his time here at least gave it straight in his interviews about performances and players

Lamberts everyone’s great/fans amazing chat is a bit patronising and completely lacking in sincerity

All I’m saying is I don’t know hurst/doig like I guess 99% on here so calling them C units etc is A bit strong - it’s like Marcus gave them the jobs at gunpoint (doig’s gun)

They were headhunted and gave it their best shot when here
Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 19:28 - Jan 29 with 3834 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 19:25 - Jan 29 by oneoffposter

Find this taking joy from 2 men losing their jobs all bit pathetic, it didn’t work out with us as some signings didn’t work out and some players they inherited didn’t like getting some home Truths ie Chambo being told he’s crap

Hurst despite not being any good in his time here at least gave it straight in his interviews about performances and players

Lamberts everyone’s great/fans amazing chat is a bit patronising and completely lacking in sincerity

All I’m saying is I don’t know hurst/doig like I guess 99% on here so calling them C units etc is A bit strong - it’s like Marcus gave them the jobs at gunpoint (doig’s gun)

If by 'best shot' you mean replacing an entire side with lower quality players, you're dead right.
In fact, I'd say they went above and beyond their best shot.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 19:32 - Jan 29 with 3818 viewsfooters

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 19:25 - Jan 29 by oneoffposter

Yeah, Premier League stalwart Doig telling Bart he wasn't good enough for the WC was the mark of a top bloke.

Both a pair of tw@ts who had Stalin-esque man-management skills. And let's not get started on the underwear stuff.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nah. they make Lambert look like Lambert. (n/t) on 19:35 - Jan 29 with 3798 viewsBloots

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 17:15 - Jan 29 by Reuser_is_God

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 20:07 - Jan 29 with 3692 viewsoneoffposter

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 19:28 - Jan 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

If by 'best shot' you mean replacing an entire side with lower quality players, you're dead right.
In fact, I'd say they went above and beyond their best shot.

That would be great point if they hadn’t had most of that ‘entire side’ let go/sold by the owner and with the budget given they no choice but to shop in leagues below - Marcus didn’t want championship journeymen (big wages) that mick liked to bulk squad up with - obviously the money wasn’t there to buy prem/champ players - they gambled as that was only option By looks anyway

The players didn’t cut it

Not convinced Jackson/Nolan/donicen are the worst signing the clubs ever made - we spent a million all in on Celina and u get nothing back after a year the owner wanted this stopped- lambo has signed judge/Keane/Garbutt on much bigger wages are they all much better?

Had they signed 6 players on 20k a week with no big transfer fees on 2 year deals and we’d gone down Things would be worse now - trying to look on bright side!

It was a very tough assignment - just providing some balance
Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 20:13 - Jan 29 with 3667 viewsjeera

Hurst and Doig gone from Scunthorpe on 20:07 - Jan 29 by oneoffposter

That would be great point if they hadn’t had most of that ‘entire side’ let go/sold by the owner and with the budget given they no choice but to shop in leagues below - Marcus didn’t want championship journeymen (big wages) that mick liked to bulk squad up with - obviously the money wasn’t there to buy prem/champ players - they gambled as that was only option By looks anyway

The players didn’t cut it

Not convinced Jackson/Nolan/donicen are the worst signing the clubs ever made - we spent a million all in on Celina and u get nothing back after a year the owner wanted this stopped- lambo has signed judge/Keane/Garbutt on much bigger wages are they all much better?

Had they signed 6 players on 20k a week with no big transfer fees on 2 year deals and we’d gone down Things would be worse now - trying to look on bright side!

It was a very tough assignment - just providing some balance

You're not providing balance - you're skewing things.

Mick's signing were on larger wages but generally picked up for free or thereabouts.

"Had they signed 6 players on 20k a week with no big transfer fees on 2 year deals".

So they chose to not take the same approach and it failed.

They had enough funding along with what was already at their disposal. And spunked it.

It's not really that questionable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024