Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we do go up.. 09:24 - Jan 30 with 3851 viewsskyblue23

We currently have no money for transfers and I think it's not unfair to say this squad would struggle to stay up in the Championship next season. With us having more money back in the club and we can stop talking about the 7 million we're missing out on by dropping to league 1, what are peoples opinions on transfers if we do go up?

Do we expect a few championship level signings (Not that it guarantees you safety, but the quality we let go Waghorn, Mcgoldrick, Webster clearly made a difference) to give us a better chance of staying up?

Or do we expect the same policy of youngsters coming through with the odd free signing and loans to help out?

In my heart we need to be aiming for higher and making a couple of signings to make us competitive in the Championship to mix with our youngsters and few players who can play at that level. But my head tells me it will be the same policy as before and we'll go through this all over again.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

If we do go up.. on 09:39 - Jan 30 with 3357 viewsr2d2

I wouldnt worry. We wont be going up anytime soon.
If we do go up.. on 09:43 - Jan 30 with 3338 viewsBlueBadger

If we do go up.. on 09:39 - Jan 30 by r2d2

I wouldnt worry. We wont be going up anytime soon.

We will probably go up in spite of club management, not because of it because the quality of 90% of the rest of the division is pretty poor, even in comparison to us. We'll then spend next season repeating last season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If we do go up.. on 09:44 - Jan 30 with 3333 viewsevansblue

I wouldn’t worry buddy cos we aren’t going up.

Oxford, Sunderland, Pompey, Rotherham and Coventry all seem to have a bit more about them at the moment for this league than we do. I thought we were nailed on top 2 to be honest but you need options and a bit more strength on the pitch than we currently have. It’s all very well having skilful players on paper but doing it on a cold night at Rotherham is what counts.

It may take two or three years down here in truth but it’s pointless going up if we are going to struggle.

On a positive it’s better to see more wins than defeats and see the kids get their Chance but this could take a while and let’s hope we are better for it in the long run.
If we do go up.. on 09:47 - Jan 30 with 3321 viewsr2d2

If we do go up.. on 09:43 - Jan 30 by BlueBadger

We will probably go up in spite of club management, not because of it because the quality of 90% of the rest of the division is pretty poor, even in comparison to us. We'll then spend next season repeating last season.

You are seeing something different to me then on the pitch. We are clueless against the teams around us. We roll over, as we will Saturday. We wont have an answer to Peterboroughs strike force.
If we do go up.. on 10:13 - Jan 30 with 3267 viewsGuthrum

If we do go up.. on 09:47 - Jan 30 by r2d2

You are seeing something different to me then on the pitch. We are clueless against the teams around us. We roll over, as we will Saturday. We wont have an answer to Peterboroughs strike force.

Thing is, there are about eight decent teams in this division, including ourselves*. As long as we continue to beat the vast majority of the other 15 (W13 D3 out of 19 matches, 74% of available points) and more often than not share the points with our direct rivals (6 draws out of 9 games), we stand a good chance.

Also, against other members of the top eight, we've played far more away than at home, on a ratio of 6 to 3. If being at PR is an advantage, we have that to look forward to.

* Being in third place this far through the season, we are undeniably decent by League One standards.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If we do go up.. on 10:36 - Jan 30 with 3222 viewsReuser_is_God

We could sell Downes & Woolfenden for a combined fee of £20m & we’d still have no money for transfers.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

If we do go up.. on 10:38 - Jan 30 with 3209 viewschicoazul

Idle question that just occurred to me; when was the last time we made a nett spend on incoming transfer fees? Not loan fees; transfer fees.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If we do go up.. on 10:38 - Jan 30 with 3213 viewsSwansea_Blue

If we do go up.. on 09:47 - Jan 30 by r2d2

Not often Badger is accused of being optimistic about the Lambert era. I'm going to frame this!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

If we do go up.. on 10:40 - Jan 30 with 3203 viewsChrisd

If we do go up.. on 09:44 - Jan 30 by evansblue

Oxford, Sunderland, Pompey, Rotherham and Coventry all seem to have a bit more about them at the moment for this league than we do. I thought we were nailed on top 2 to be honest but you need options and a bit more strength on the pitch than we currently have. It’s all very well having skilful players on paper but doing it on a cold night at Rotherham is what counts.

It may take two or three years down here in truth but it’s pointless going up if we are going to struggle.

On a positive it’s better to see more wins than defeats and see the kids get their Chance but this could take a while and let’s hope we are better for it in the long run.

This is how I see it too Evansblue.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If we do go up.. on 10:55 - Jan 30 with 3153 viewsBlueBadger

If we do go up.. on 10:38 - Jan 30 by Swansea_Blue

Not often Badger is accused of being optimistic about the Lambert era. I'm going to frame this!

Not sure 'we'll go up in spite of him, not because of him, then get relegated again' is QUITE that...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

If we do go up.. on 11:00 - Jan 30 with 3134 viewsPrideOfTheEast

As has been made pretty clear, nothing would really change in terms of investment.

I suppose if we sold Flynn for 10m, there could be some transfer fees but realistically it'd be free transfers and loans, occassionally supplemented with a punt at a few hundered k.
If we do go up.. on 12:15 - Jan 30 with 3008 viewsPilgrimblue

You're getting ahead of yourself as I doubt we'll make the playoffs on present results.
We'll see what happens this month as the 6 games will be test of our ambitions. Anything less than 10 points will see us struggle to stay in top 6.
If we do go up.. on 12:23 - Jan 30 with 2988 viewsBlueBadger

If we do go up.. on 12:15 - Jan 30 by Pilgrimblue

You're getting ahead of yourself as I doubt we'll make the playoffs on present results.
We'll see what happens this month as the 6 games will be test of our ambitions. Anything less than 10 points will see us struggle to stay in top 6.

Our season's results to date, suggest we'll make the playoffs, in all fairness.
We'd need another 3 month round of Lambingo-style results to face realistic danger of dropping out of it. We'll go up in spite of Lambert, not because of him.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 12:27]

If we do go up.. on 12:30 - Jan 30 with 2952 viewsJDB23

If we do go up.. on 11:00 - Jan 30 by PrideOfTheEast

As has been made pretty clear, nothing would really change in terms of investment.

I suppose if we sold Flynn for 10m, there could be some transfer fees but realistically it'd be free transfers and loans, occassionally supplemented with a punt at a few hundered k.

If we sold Flyn for 10M it would be 1M upfront and the rest over 12 years.
If we do go up.. on 12:43 - Jan 30 with 2927 viewsSwansea_Blue

If we do go up.. on 10:55 - Jan 30 by BlueBadger

Not sure 'we'll go up in spite of him, not because of him, then get relegated again' is QUITE that...

That's a glowing reference from you

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If we do go up.. on 12:45 - Jan 30 with 2925 viewsBlueBadger

If we do go up.. on 12:43 - Jan 30 by Swansea_Blue

That's a glowing reference from you

Beast.

If we do go up.. on 12:58 - Jan 30 with 2887 viewsJimmyJazz

If we do go up.. on 12:23 - Jan 30 by BlueBadger

Our season's results to date, suggest we'll make the playoffs, in all fairness.
We'd need another 3 month round of Lambingo-style results to face realistic danger of dropping out of it. We'll go up in spite of Lambert, not because of him.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 12:27]

The problem is that against the other likely play-off teams our record, so far, is poor.

Our home form is going to be key, as Guthrum mentioned we have quite a few more home games left than away fixtures. Get the home form working and who knows.

Also, against the lesser 50% teams in this league we have been fairly consistent, where other teams seem to often stumble
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 13:03]

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

If we do go up.. on 13:00 - Jan 30 with 2880 viewsTractorWood

If we do go up.. on 09:44 - Jan 30 by evansblue

Never underestimate how truly dross this league is.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If we do go up.. on 13:58 - Jan 30 with 2788 viewsChrisd

If we do go up.. on 13:00 - Jan 30 by TractorWood

If the league is dross, doesn't really say much about us stumbling along?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If we do go up.. on 14:04 - Jan 30 with 2775 viewsr2d2

If we do go up.. on 13:00 - Jan 30 by TractorWood

We are dross too. People still wearing rose tinted glasses. After Saturday people will get a reality check, as l firmly believe we will get tonked.
If we do go up.. on 14:08 - Jan 30 with 2767 viewsVaughan8

Struggling against the top teams suggests unless we get automatic promotion, we aren't going up. We will lose in the playoffs!

The league is rubbish, but we aren't very good either.

I'm not going to worry about this even if we went up cos its not my job or in my control. I doubt we are going to spend transfer fees so it will probably be picking up some experienced free transfers to blend with our youthful team.
If we do go up.. on 14:21 - Jan 30 with 2739 viewsTractorWood

If we do go up.. on 14:04 - Jan 30 by r2d2

We are dross too. People still wearing rose tinted glasses. After Saturday people will get a reality check, as l firmly believe we will get tonked.

Agree. We've been consistently poor for a decent period now and we are still knee deep in the mix. I see us drifting away but our only potential saving grace is just how unbelievably poor this league is.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If we do go up.. on 14:40 - Jan 30 with 2695 viewsCoco

Good scouting signed all those players you listed not big money.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

If we do go up.. on 14:48 - Jan 30 with 2680 viewsskyblue23

If we do go up.. on 14:40 - Jan 30 by Coco

Good scouting signed all those players you listed not big money.

I've not said to sign those players specifically. I'm using them as an example to the quality we need to get in if we go up. It doesn't matter if they're scouted or cost money, that's what we'd need to stay up.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

If we do go up.. on 14:51 - Jan 30 with 2676 viewsGarv

Some big buggrs would be nice. We look a terribly small and weak side at times.

Our tallest player is our 2nd choice keeper (currently), and after that it's our 1st choice keeper and Keane, who isn't a target man despite being a classy player and worth keeping. Centre halves aren't huge.

Some height, strength and muscle.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024