Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT 14:15 - Jan 30 with 5256 viewsmonytowbray

Jesus, this best be worth it in a month or two. All the best foods are carbs, I never realised how much are in a lot of foods I assumed were healthy, rice being a good example. Bananas and cereal too, FML.

I guess if I survived 2019 and chronic depression/trauma I can survive not eating pizza for a month, right?! I woke up 3 weeks ago and looked in the mirror and realised I'm fatter than I've ever been as I've spent a year really not looking after myself so I'm determined to get back into better shape. Not interested in being a gym head or a beefcake, in fact people who claim they LOVE running or the gym confuse me. To me exercise is like going to work, don't really want to do it but the end result is something I want/need. I wouldn't wake up in the morning and plan a FUN day of exercise, I'd rather do many other things.

In an alternative universe the gym makes you fat and carbs make you ripped. The Callis in that universe is a lucky pr1ck.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:26 - Jan 30 with 3447 viewsJ2BLUE

I personally wouldn't bother. Carb restriction is just calorie restriction in disguise. There's no point. Take it from someone who spent 6-7 months on the Atkins diet. Studies have shown diet composition makes barely (if any) difference.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:32 - Jan 30 with 3438 viewsrapier

I found these to be really good, once washed and cooked in something like Thai Curry or Pho.

https://www.barenakedfoods.co.uk/products/noodles/barenaked-noodles250g
Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:34 - Jan 30 with 3426 viewsmonytowbray

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:26 - Jan 30 by J2BLUE

I personally wouldn't bother. Carb restriction is just calorie restriction in disguise. There's no point. Take it from someone who spent 6-7 months on the Atkins diet. Studies have shown diet composition makes barely (if any) difference.

I mean I've never tried it and it's not going to be a long term thing. If I drop a stone in the next couple of months I'll be happy.

TWTD never forgets…

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:35 - Jan 30 with 3417 viewsHerbivore

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:34 - Jan 30 by monytowbray

I mean I've never tried it and it's not going to be a long term thing. If I drop a stone in the next couple of months I'll be happy.

If you do that you need to be careful when you reintroduce carbs otherwise you'll pile a load of weight back on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:39 - Jan 30 with 3404 viewsJ2BLUE

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:34 - Jan 30 by monytowbray

You'll lost a lot very quickly doing 80g carbs per day as your body will use up its glucose reserves and for every 1g of glucose stored you store about 3g of water.

Once you are done, reintroduce carbs and eat at maintenance for a week before weighing yourself.

I'm convinced some PTs recommend low carb so people see big drops quickly and are motivated to keep going to the gym and following their plan.

Truly impaired.

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:40 - Jan 30 with 3397 viewsmonytowbray

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:39 - Jan 30 by J2BLUE

You'll lost a lot very quickly doing 80g carbs per day as your body will use up its glucose reserves and for every 1g of glucose stored you store about 3g of water.

Once you are done, reintroduce carbs and eat at maintenance for a week before weighing yourself.

I'm convinced some PTs recommend low carb so people see big drops quickly and are motivated to keep going to the gym and following their plan.

I mean, it would work. He's got me on a weight plan and low carb diet so I lose some of my "pouch" as he calls it. That's my aim really.

TWTD never forgets…

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:45 - Jan 30 with 3370 viewsJ2BLUE

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:40 - Jan 30 by monytowbray

I mean, it would work. He's got me on a weight plan and low carb diet so I lose some of my "pouch" as he calls it. That's my aim really.

Yea it will definitely work. Any calorie restriction works. Vegan low carb/keto seems to be becoming a lot more of a thing lately.

If anyone tries to take my bread away I will cry.

Truly impaired.

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:54 - Jan 30 with 3335 viewsmonytowbray

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:45 - Jan 30 by J2BLUE

Yea it will definitely work. Any calorie restriction works. Vegan low carb/keto seems to be becoming a lot more of a thing lately.

If anyone tries to take my bread away I will cry.

I miss pizza. And bread. And potatoes.

Basically my three food groups. A sweet potato jacket just doesn't cut it.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:55 - Jan 30 with 3335 viewsOxford_Blue

If you want to do keto, then you have to cut down less than 80g a day and aim for about 30-50g.

If you do it properly it does work. But you must eat a lot more protein and fat, rather than just cutting calories, otherwise you will burn muscle and go into starvation mode.

You will go through “keto flu” after day three or so which shows your body is starting to burn fat. It passes and you will feel better.
Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:56 - Jan 30 with 3332 viewsOxford_Blue

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:26 - Jan 30 by J2BLUE

Not true.

The keto diet isn’t Atkins and it isn’t a calorie restrictive diet. It’s about teaching your body to burn ketones. It works and is effective.
Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:58 - Jan 30 with 3320 viewsmonytowbray

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:55 - Jan 30 by Oxford_Blue

If you want to do keto, then you have to cut down less than 80g a day and aim for about 30-50g.

If you do it properly it does work. But you must eat a lot more protein and fat, rather than just cutting calories, otherwise you will burn muscle and go into starvation mode.

You will go through “keto flu” after day three or so which shows your body is starting to burn fat. It passes and you will feel better.

I'm keeping a close eye on My Fitness Pal so I can track fat and all that.

What happens if I go over calories on fat and protein? Would I just maintain weight?

TWTD never forgets…

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:59 - Jan 30 with 3315 viewsStokieBlue

Can you combine your work with exercise? Commute by bike for instance?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 15:00 - Jan 30 with 3305 viewsBlueBadger

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:59 - Jan 30 by StokieBlue

Can you combine your work with exercise? Commute by bike for instance?

SB

Or even a simple 'get off one stop early and walk'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 15:03 - Jan 30 with 3294 viewsGeoffSentence

A low carb diet must be particularly tricky for a vegan. What are you living on? Beans and leaves?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 15:05 - Jan 30 with 3284 viewsNewcyBlue

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:54 - Jan 30 by monytowbray

I miss pizza. And bread. And potatoes.

Basically my three food groups. A sweet potato jacket just doesn't cut it.

Look up Jordan Syatt on Twitter.

Oh and download some podcasts by Ipswich local, Ben Coomber.

Whatever you do, be consistent. And good luck.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 15:07 - Jan 30 with 3273 viewsmonytowbray

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 15:03 - Jan 30 by GeoffSentence

A low carb diet must be particularly tricky for a vegan. What are you living on? Beans and leaves?

Pretty much yes. Lunch today was a miso tofu soup and stemmed broccoli :(

TWTD never forgets…

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 16:06 - Jan 30 with 3180 viewsOxford_Blue

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:58 - Jan 30 by monytowbray

I'm keeping a close eye on My Fitness Pal so I can track fat and all that.

What happens if I go over calories on fat and protein? Would I just maintain weight?

You should still lose weight because at the same time you’re burning fat.

Also you’ll eat less generally because your appetite will go down
Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 16:09 - Jan 30 with 3167 viewsOxford_Blue

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 15:07 - Jan 30 by monytowbray

Pretty much yes. Lunch today was a miso tofu soup and stemmed broccoli :(

I don’t think that’s enough food. So I would typically eat

Breakfast - three eggs, bacon and tomatoes and Greek yoghurt

Mid morning snack - almonds or protein smoothie

Lunch - fatty meat plus veg (not potatoes or starch)

Afternoon - cottage cheese or almonds

Dinner - fish/chicken/ veg plus cheese
Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 16:13 - Jan 30 with 3151 viewsJ2BLUE

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:56 - Jan 30 by Oxford_Blue

Not true.

The keto diet isn’t Atkins and it isn’t a calorie restrictive diet. It’s about teaching your body to burn ketones. It works and is effective.

Atkins starts on 20g of carbs per day which is ketogenic.

You don't have to count calories but weight loss is due to calorie restriction. It has nothing to do with the magical properties of ketones. This has been proven repeatedly. Any 'metabolic advantage' claimed has been proven to be non-existant.

Truly impaired.

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 16:16 - Jan 30 with 3145 viewsmonytowbray

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 16:09 - Jan 30 by Oxford_Blue

I don’t think that’s enough food. So I would typically eat

Breakfast - three eggs, bacon and tomatoes and Greek yoghurt

Mid morning snack - almonds or protein smoothie

Lunch - fatty meat plus veg (not potatoes or starch)

Afternoon - cottage cheese or almonds

Dinner - fish/chicken/ veg plus cheese

You ain't wrong, now grazing on nuts and a Bounce protein ball. Well hungry, although I'm also exhausted in general today. Busy as busy can be.

TWTD never forgets…

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 16:29 - Jan 30 with 3121 viewsTIB

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:55 - Jan 30 by Oxford_Blue

Definitely needs to lower those carbs as he gets into it. Might be worth looking at the 135g VeeTee basmati rice pots Callis, easy to track carb intake and when I meal prep, I cook up my proteins, add veg, maybe a teaspoon of peanut button and then add rice in. It creates quite a big portion of food that will suffice for mid-morning snack, lunch and an evening meal.

Another thing to try maybe is eating 1g of protein for every lbs you weigh. e.g. If you weight 165lbs...eat 165g of protein each day. Mix that with 30g-50g carb a day and 20mins fast walking morning and evening, you'll see a leaner, stronger you in no time.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 16:33 - Jan 30 with 3102 viewsmonytowbray

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 16:29 - Jan 30 by TIB

Definitely needs to lower those carbs as he gets into it. Might be worth looking at the 135g VeeTee basmati rice pots Callis, easy to track carb intake and when I meal prep, I cook up my proteins, add veg, maybe a teaspoon of peanut button and then add rice in. It creates quite a big portion of food that will suffice for mid-morning snack, lunch and an evening meal.

Another thing to try maybe is eating 1g of protein for every lbs you weigh. e.g. If you weight 165lbs...eat 165g of protein each day. Mix that with 30g-50g carb a day and 20mins fast walking morning and evening, you'll see a leaner, stronger you in no time.

That's the general plan hopefully, all the advice here greatly appreciated. I've never really been beyond calorie counting when it comes to previous diets so this is all new.

Also, vegans love carbs, so I want to cry RN.

TWTD never forgets…

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 16:50 - Jan 30 with 3064 viewsflimflam

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 14:56 - Jan 30 by Oxford_Blue

Not true.

The human body is designed to be a fat burner and uses fats far more efficiently than carbs for energy.

Keto works if you are able to stick to it.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 16:54 - Jan 30 with 3062 viewsflimflam

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 16:13 - Jan 30 by J2BLUE

Atkins starts on 20g of carbs per day which is ketogenic.

You don't have to count calories but weight loss is due to calorie restriction. It has nothing to do with the magical properties of ketones. This has been proven repeatedly. Any 'metabolic advantage' claimed has been proven to be non-existant.

Equivalent calories in cheap carbs and fats will be burned differently.

Fats slower and leave you full longer, carbs shorter and leaving you hungry.

Far easier to stick to a high fat diet as you dont get left feeling hungry.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 16:58 - Jan 30 with 3053 viewsJ2BLUE

Low carb diet - I'm on 80g or less a day right now at the suggestion of a PT on 16:54 - Jan 30 by flimflam

Equivalent calories in cheap carbs and fats will be burned differently.

Fats slower and leave you full longer, carbs shorter and leaving you hungry.

Far easier to stick to a high fat diet as you dont get left feeling hungry.

That's a different argument.

The same calories of a mixed diet (lets say zone) will burn the same amount of fat as a low carb or keto diet. That's what the research says unless i've missed an update.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024