Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These 12 players for the pillars then 15:30 - Jan 30 with 2874 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What we saying... a nice mix of the generations to cater for all age groups and eras

Carberry
Phillips
Crawford
Mills
Hunter
Wark
Burley
Dutchmen... could we get them on one together?
Tarrico
Holland
Stewart
Magilton
Stockwell
Dozzell
Pablo
Shefki

I know that’s more than 12 but I think that’s the sort of combination of eras ??
Could have loads from the 80s and 60s thought to pick from 90s onward as there are still loads.
Tough to pick 12.

Edit/ Mariner should have one I’ve decided
WILNIS as well.. he’s got to be there
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 15:38]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:33 - Jan 30 with 2549 viewsfooters

Tommy Pillar

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:35 - Jan 30 with 2535 viewsGeoffSentence

I'm not sure I agree with the idea of having Thjissen, Muhren and Pim Balkestein all on the same pillar.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:37 - Jan 30 with 2519 viewsMrTown

Chambers surely?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:38 - Jan 30 with 2514 viewsPopeadrian64

This has caught my imagination...surely should be 12 greatest captains..Baxter, Mills, Holland etc..
These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:39 - Jan 30 with 2509 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:37 - Jan 30 by MrTown

Chambers surely?

I considered it and would be 100% for it I just had about 15 ahead of him. But out of all the players from this decade 100%. So he will get one I imagine.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:39 - Jan 30 with 2502 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:38 - Jan 30 by Popeadrian64

This has caught my imagination...surely should be 12 greatest captains..Baxter, Mills, Holland etc..

Could be a good idea

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:40 - Jan 30 with 2497 viewsHerbivore

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:33 - Jan 30 by footers

Tommy Pillar

Column Viljoen.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:48 - Jan 30 with 2461 viewsconnorscontract

Yes, Pablo definitely deserves it more than Terry Butcher or Tony Mowbray.

Terry Butcher lost 8 pints of blood, a lot of it whilst carrying on playing, as a result of Ricky Hill kicking him in the face in a cup game. And that wasn't the only time he shed blood for the team.

It's got to be Pablo OR Shefki, like the good old days of TWTD, and everyone who says Pablo can be wrong again.

And we need to leave a couple of pillars empty for Downes and Woolfenden.

It's also biased against keepers: pick one of Bailey, Cooper and, at a push, Wright.

I think it would be good to theme it and rotate it each year:

eg A year of defenders (followed by other positions); a year of Ipswich born players; a year of great goal scoring moments; a year of players from overseas; a year of players sold to balance the books etc etc
Login to get fewer ads

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:55 - Jan 30 with 2432 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:48 - Jan 30 by connorscontract

Yes, Pablo definitely deserves it more than Terry Butcher or Tony Mowbray.

Terry Butcher lost 8 pints of blood, a lot of it whilst carrying on playing, as a result of Ricky Hill kicking him in the face in a cup game. And that wasn't the only time he shed blood for the team.

It's got to be Pablo OR Shefki, like the good old days of TWTD, and everyone who says Pablo can be wrong again.

And we need to leave a couple of pillars empty for Downes and Woolfenden.

It's also biased against keepers: pick one of Bailey, Cooper and, at a push, Wright.

I think it would be good to theme it and rotate it each year:

eg A year of defenders (followed by other positions); a year of Ipswich born players; a year of great goal scoring moments; a year of players from overseas; a year of players sold to balance the books etc etc

I didn't say Pablo or Shefki deserves it more, these were just the first names that come to my mind. I missed out loads.

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:57 - Jan 30 with 2425 viewsconnorscontract

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:55 - Jan 30 by TRUE_BLUE123

I didn't say Pablo or Shefki deserves it more, these were just the first names that come to my mind. I missed out loads.

Fair enough. 12 is too few, unless it rotates.
These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:59 - Jan 30 with 2410 viewsTractorCam

Ted Phillips
Ray Crawford
Larry Carberry
Paul Cooper
Allan Hunter
Roger Osborne
Simon Milton
Kieron Dyer
Matt Holland
Fabian Wilnis
Luke Chambers
Daryl Murphy

I've excluded the few elite players as it sounds like more of this stuff is coming and in bigger tributes, like statue for Beat. Tried to spread out players amongst the years, but could probably get 1 or 2 more from the 61/62 team given it's going in the Alf stand, but ultimately I don't know enough about that side.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

These 12 players for the pillars then on 16:13 - Jan 30 with 2372 viewshomer_123

Harbey, Chopra, Thatcher, Croft, D'Avry, Cole, Cheetham, Lee-Barrett, Dinning, Santos, Fish

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

These 12 players for the pillars then on 16:15 - Jan 30 with 2356 viewsFtnfwest

These 12 players for the pillars then on 15:40 - Jan 30 by Herbivore

Column Viljoen.

Strut Slater....ahem
These 12 players for the pillars then on 16:20 - Jan 30 with 2345 viewsBrianTablet

These 12 players for the pillars then on 16:15 - Jan 30 by Ftnfwest

Strut Slater....ahem

Doric Gates?

Corinthian Cranson?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

These 12 players for the pillars then on 16:31 - Jan 30 with 2316 viewsSouperJim

Personally think it'd be nice to see some different choices rather than the same old list of names, but I'm currently getting hosed in the news comments for suggesting Reuser and Counago. Two players I enjoyed watching more than most.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

These 12 players for the pillars then on 16:50 - Jan 30 with 2273 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

These 12 players for the pillars then on 17:03 - Jan 30 with 2250 viewsSuperfrans

Itr's going to be such a difficult job to select the right 12.

Personally, I'd have narrowed it down somehow:
* the top 12 scorers?
* the top 12 with most appearances
* 12 players who played under Sir Alf?
* 12 from Suffolk?
* 12 from Ipswich?

Something like that. Otherwise it is going to be a bit random.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

These 12 players for the pillars then on 17:58 - Jan 30 with 2180 viewsCaptMickMills

Phillips
Crawford
Baxter
Mills
Hunter
Wark
Burley
Butcher
Mariner
Holland
Dozzell
Magilton
These 12 players for the pillars then on 18:06 - Jan 30 with 2150 viewsPJH

These 12 players for the pillars then on 17:03 - Jan 30 by Superfrans

Itr's going to be such a difficult job to select the right 12.

Personally, I'd have narrowed it down somehow:
* the top 12 scorers?
* the top 12 with most appearances
* 12 players who played under Sir Alf?
* 12 from Suffolk?
* 12 from Ipswich?

Something like that. Otherwise it is going to be a bit random.

As it is for The Sir Alf Ramsey stand I think your '12 players who played for Sir Alf' makes sense and is pretty easy because the 1961/62 side was virtually the same team every week and the twelfth one would be Kenny Malcolm who was the first choice LB at the start of the season but got injured in the third game.

Roy Bailey, Larry Carberry, John Compton, Billy Baxter, Andy Nelson, John Elsworthy, Roy Stephenson, Dougie Moran, Ray Crawford, Ted Phillips, Jimmy Leadbetter and Kenny Malcolm.
These 12 players for the pillars then on 18:17 - Jan 30 with 2131 viewsGuthrum

1 Tommy Smith
2 Tommy Smith
3 Tommy Smith
4 Tommy Smith
etc.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

These 12 players for the pillars then on 18:19 - Jan 30 with 2124 viewsPecker

Carberry
Crawford
Mills
Burley
Butcher
Hunter
Cooper
Wark
Muhren
Thijsen
Holland
Stewart
These 12 players for the pillars then on 18:39 - Jan 30 with 2075 viewsgazzer1999

These 12 players for the pillars then on 16:20 - Jan 30 by BrianTablet

Doric Gates?

Corinthian Cranson?

Choosing them was a bit Ionic.
These 12 players for the pillars then on 18:45 - Jan 30 with 2065 viewsDripFedFred

Ray Crawford, Andy Nelson, Mick Mills, Terry Butcher, Kevin Beattie, Roger Osborne, Frans Thijssen, Arnold Muhren, Sergei Baltacha, Matt Holland, John Wark, Ted Phillips.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 18:46]
These 12 players for the pillars then on 18:50 - Jan 30 with 2054 viewsDennyx4

As it appears they want players through the ages. I would suggest 2 from each of the last 6 decades and not necessarily our best players - suggestions and rationale
Somebody would have to help me with 60's (wasnt around)

2 x 60's
2 x 70's Osborne & Mills (Important winning FA cup goal & Captain)
2 x 80's Dozzell & Cooper (Youngest ever player to score in top flight & Record penalties saved in a season?)
2 x 90's Gavin Johnson &Mauricio Tarrico (First goal in the Premier League & Fans Favorite)
2 x 00's Stewart & Armstrong (21 goals in first season back in Premier & The goal v Inter)
2 x 10's Priskin & Chambers (Goal v Arsenal & Captain
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 18:51]
These 12 players for the pillars then on 19:35 - Jan 30 with 1993 viewsWickwar_Blue

Whippet the steward
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024