Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry 19:19 - Jan 30 with 3953 viewsdavblue

For 3 million quid to Brentford.
Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 19:26 - Jan 30 with 3923 viewsITFCAnalytics

Looks ridiculously low on the face of it but Fosu I believe has a £750k release clause to the Championship which makes it a lot understandable
Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 19:38 - Jan 30 with 3845 viewsdavblue

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 19:26 - Jan 30 by ITFCAnalytics

Looks ridiculously low on the face of it but Fosu I believe has a £750k release clause to the Championship which makes it a lot understandable

2.25 for Baptiste seem a little low. I think he’s a good player who could play at a higher level.
Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 19:51 - Jan 30 with 3791 viewsHerbivore

They looked the two best players on the pitch when we played Oxford recently. Just goes to show it's hard to get big money for talented players at this level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 20:42 - Jan 30 with 3678 viewsChrisd

I heard Celtic were interested in Baptiste and were going to table a £3m bid.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 20:48 - Jan 30 with 3666 viewsMrTown

They are very Brentford esc. players.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 20:56 - Jan 30 with 3647 viewsIllinoisblue

How do Brentford do it? Crowds of just 10k, no youth team at all and yet they’re continual play off contenders and about to move into a brand new stadium.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 20:59 - Jan 30 with 3629 viewsMullet

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 20:56 - Jan 30 by Illinoisblue

How do Brentford do it? Crowds of just 10k, no youth team at all and yet they’re continual play off contenders and about to move into a brand new stadium.

They've sold big and used their moneyball to establish themselves as a second tier side, whilst taking big chunks of Prem trickle down to keep going.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 21:00 - Jan 30 with 3622 viewsurbanblue

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 20:56 - Jan 30 by Illinoisblue

Exactly by doing this ... Buying players for 1 or 2 million and then selling them on a couple of years later after developing them for 20 million. They've been doing it for years.

Proper run club!
Login to get fewer ads

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 21:15 - Jan 30 with 3565 viewsBloomBlue

Not having a youth team saves them millions. They disbanded their youth team because it was costing the owner millions and they kept losing the best youngsters to Prem teams for a few thousands and couldnt stop them moving because of their age.
Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 21:30 - Jan 30 with 3518 viewsReuser_is_God

Because the powers that be there are 10x better than the dullards we have.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 21:31 - Jan 30 with 3514 viewsKieran_Knows

Because they have a decent set up what with their owner being involved in a Danish club also. Have their fingers in so many pies, so to speak, as well as a bloody good scouting network of the English leagues.

I’m pretty certain their policy is also to not sign anybody on loan at all.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 08:17 - Jan 31 with 3192 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Some notable transfers over recent years...

Andre Gray - £15m to Burnley
Jota - £6m to Birmingham
Ezri Konsa - £12m to Aston Villa
Neil Maupay - £20m to Brighton
Chris Mepham - £12m to Bournemouth
Florian Jozefzoon - £6m to Derby?
Scott Hogan - £10m to Aston Villa?

Just a few fees I can remember off the top of my head, but a very well run club. I'm sure I've forgotten a couple and as I type this they also had John Egan before he went to Sheff U but I'm not sure on his figure. Big money over the last few seasons.

Only surprise for me was how cheap Romaine Sawyers went for - he's the best player in the Championship!

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 09:08 - Jan 31 with 3126 viewssoupytwist

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 08:17 - Jan 31 by IPSWICHFANITFC

Some notable transfers over recent years...

Andre Gray - £15m to Burnley
Jota - £6m to Birmingham
Ezri Konsa - £12m to Aston Villa
Neil Maupay - £20m to Brighton
Chris Mepham - £12m to Bournemouth
Florian Jozefzoon - £6m to Derby?
Scott Hogan - £10m to Aston Villa?

Just a few fees I can remember off the top of my head, but a very well run club. I'm sure I've forgotten a couple and as I type this they also had John Egan before he went to Sheff U but I'm not sure on his figure. Big money over the last few seasons.

Only surprise for me was how cheap Romaine Sawyers went for - he's the best player in the Championship!

Here's a longer list, quite the achievement:

If they can keep this sort of thing up, it's much better for them than having an academy under EPPP in a part of the country where there's loads of competition for local talent.
Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 09:11 - Jan 31 with 3115 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 19:26 - Jan 30 by ITFCAnalytics

Brentford are canny buyers, that's for sure. I'd love us to be a club that's able to continually sell our best players, whilst replacing wisely and continuing to improve. We seem to go the other way 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 09:15 - Jan 31 with 3106 viewschicoazul

They're not run by a Manager who is changed every now and then.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 09:18 - Jan 31 with 3080 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 09:15 - Jan 31 by chicoazul

They're not run by a Manager who is changed every now and then.

They were; they managed to get over that hump without any trouble.

I suspect they've got solid decision making structure behind the scenes, rather than an owner who has a vague 5 point 'plan' that is at clear odd with what's happening.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 09:27 - Jan 31 with 3064 viewsitfcjoe

Because when they sell a player for £10m they spend £2-3m buying replacements rather than £200-300k

You need to speculate to accumulate a bit more than we have done and continue to do

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 09:50 - Jan 31 with 3022 viewsChrisd

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 21:15 - Jan 30 by BloomBlue

Not having a youth team saves them millions. They disbanded their youth team because it was costing the owner millions and they kept losing the best youngsters to Prem teams for a few thousands and couldnt stop them moving because of their age.

I know that it's tradition for us to have a good, competitive youth team and flourishing Academy sides and having a few of them break into the first team ala Woolfenden, Downes, Kenlock and Dozzell is especially satisfying to see as a supporter. Nevertheless, taking sentiment out of the equation, the more I think about how football is being run and the money top end of the EPL which gets diluted the further down the leagues you go, I do seriously question if the Brentford model is the long term future for most lower league clubs, including ourselves?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 10:09 - Jan 31 with 2982 viewssoupytwist

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 09:50 - Jan 31 by Chrisd

I know that it's tradition for us to have a good, competitive youth team and flourishing Academy sides and having a few of them break into the first team ala Woolfenden, Downes, Kenlock and Dozzell is especially satisfying to see as a supporter. Nevertheless, taking sentiment out of the equation, the more I think about how football is being run and the money top end of the EPL which gets diluted the further down the leagues you go, I do seriously question if the Brentford model is the long term future for most lower league clubs, including ourselves?

It would be an emotive move, but it’s worth considering. Would we make it work in the same way Brentford are doing? I’m not sure.

There are several factors which make Brentford a particular case, including them being near a number of other ‘bigger’ clubs. They also have their relationship with FC Midtjylland.

They do have a B team which operates outside the usual U23 structure and plays matches against a variety of teams from the UK and abroad.

The main thing is that they have given some thought to the whole thing and seem to have put structures in place to achieve their objectives.

There’s a long Wikipedia article which covers the history of their reserve and academy sides - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentford_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy and one from the Guardian a few years back that give more detail - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/05/brentford-ditched-their-academy
Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 12:34 - Jan 31 with 2881 viewsitfcjoe

Looks as though Oxford are losing Shandon Baptiste and Tarique Fosuh-Henry on 09:50 - Jan 31 by Chrisd

Our 2 best players this seasons are from the academy and worth millions of pounds.......

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024