Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Winners” 06:15 - Jan 31 with 6068 viewsBlueNomad

Celebrate your hollow win tonight. You are about to embark on the same long losing run as the rest of us. (50 years according to JRM).
“Winners” on 07:28 - Jan 31 with 3689 viewsOxford_Blue

Get over it and move on.

It’s called democracy. The mandate is clear. Accept it with grace and maturity.

I don’t agree it will be bad for this country. Time will tell.
“Winners” on 07:44 - Jan 31 with 3645 viewsTractorWood

If we had a trade deal, I would understand celebration.

To me, celebrating tonight is like cheering the half time whistle in a nil nil draw.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

“Winners” on 07:48 - Jan 31 with 3625 viewsBLUEGOLD

“Winners” on 07:28 - Jan 31 by Oxford_Blue

Get over it and move on.

Classy
“Winners” on 07:50 - Jan 31 with 3618 viewsMattinLondon

Get over it and move on.

Why should I accept it with grace? If it was the other way round the ‘bitterness’ would have been ten times worse.

If I want to be a sore loser then I will be - it’s called living in a democracy.
“Winners” on 07:57 - Jan 31 with 3602 viewsPinewoodblue

The most obvious change tonight is that remainers will become rejoiners, although many will still be remoaners.

The battle is lost but it looks as if the war will continue. Rejoining is a far far bigger task as Those who have accepted the situation will no doubt want to see how things develop before pressing for us to rejoin.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

“Winners” on 08:07 - Jan 31 with 3571 viewsitfcjoe

“Winners” on 07:57 - Jan 31 by Pinewoodblue

The most obvious change tonight is that remainers will become rejoiners, although many will still be remoaners.

The battle is lost but it looks as if the war will continue. Rejoining is a far far bigger task as Those who have accepted the situation will no doubt want to see how things develop before pressing for us to rejoin.

It has to settle down first before battle lines can be re-drawn, if it doesn't the 'war' will continue and it will still remain about the winning rather than what is right

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

“Winners” on 08:08 - Jan 31 with 3554 viewsHerbivore

Get over it and move on.

Nice bit of random meaningless slogan generating there, Oxford_Bot.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

“Winners” on 08:19 - Jan 31 with 3531 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

“Winners” on 08:22 - Jan 31 with 3516 viewsartsbossbeard

“Winners” on 08:08 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

Nice bit of random meaningless slogan generating there, Oxford_Bot.

Cut & Pasted directly out of Bojo's "How to Handle Brexit objections" pamphlet.

I think this was after 350m a week was promised to the NHS but I might be wrong here.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

“Winners” on 08:24 - Jan 31 with 3500 viewsFPL_Tractor

“Winners” on 07:50 - Jan 31 by MattinLondon

Why should I accept it with grace? If it was the other way round the ‘bitterness’ would have been ten times worse.

If I want to be a sore loser then I will be - it’s called living in a democracy.

It’s ok, I’ll only moan about it as long as the anti-Europe brigade did - 43 years I guess. Although by then the baby boomers will be dead and we might be back in.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

“Winners” on 08:26 - Jan 31 with 3493 viewslowhouseblue

look on the bright side, after 11.00pm tonight no one will ever mention brexit or the eu ever again.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

“Winners” on 08:36 - Jan 31 with 3458 viewsHARRY10

The celebrations are quite muted. I suspect as this nonsense has already fallen apart - and many now finally grasp the impossibility of what they swallowed.

Farage is even talking about a second referendum. The US is making it clear that the UK will have to take their dodgy products. The EU has stated that withput complete alignment it will mean tariffs.

Johnson has admitted that there will be customs checks at Dover etc, and the EU customs checks will now also be in part of the UK.... overseen by the EU. The role of the ECJ looks to be part of any deal with the EU as will access to UK waters for EU fishing.

Even the so called 'divorce' payment that Johnson agreed the UK should tell the EU to go whistle is now to be paid

But there is one ray of sunshine, it is not £39bn as the UK has already paid £7bn, so there's only £32bn to be paid over the bext 3 years.

so enjoy whatever it is you are celebrating
“Winners” on 08:40 - Jan 31 with 3433 viewsuefacup81

“Winners” on 08:26 - Jan 31 by lowhouseblue

look on the bright side, after 11.00pm tonight no one will ever mention brexit or the eu ever again.

I think tonight is only the beginning.

Tonight is the point at which Boris hoicks the country up on to a rickety stool with a noose around its neck, and sets fire to one of the legs.

As of 11pm tonight we have precisely 11 months to negotiate a deal which is palatable to all parties, otherwise we leave for good on December 31st with no deal.

No doubt Boris et al are keen to paint tonight as the end of the process so that they can avoid scrutiny as they accelerate towards the edge of the cliff.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

“Winners” on 08:46 - Jan 31 with 3411 viewsBlueNomad

Let's have a sweepstake.

Guess which town / city will get the £350m hospital next week.

If there is a tie it will revert to who gets nearest with the following week's £350m hospital.
“Winners” on 08:48 - Jan 31 with 3405 viewsBlueNomad

“Winners” on 08:19 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

The thing is it isn't a game
“Winners” on 08:58 - Jan 31 with 3369 viewsGavTWTD

“Winners” on 08:46 - Jan 31 by BlueNomad

Let's have a sweepstake.

If there is a tie it will revert to who gets nearest with the following week's £350m hospital.

Sunderland

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

“Winners” on 09:01 - Jan 31 with 3350 viewsHARRY10

“Winners” on 08:46 - Jan 31 by BlueNomad

Let's have a sweepstake.

.I think the govenment will wait until the 40 new host#pitals are built
“Winners” on 09:03 - Jan 31 with 3340 viewsflimflam

So many people looking forward to failure. Quite sad.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

“Winners” on 09:14 - Jan 31 with 3303 viewsfooters

“Winners” on 09:03 - Jan 31 by flimflam

So many people looking forward to failure. Quite sad.

Only 17.2m of them.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

“Winners” on 09:32 - Jan 31 with 3255 viewsGuthrum

“Winners” on 08:40 - Jan 31 by uefacup81

I think tonight is only the beginning.

Tonight is the point at which Boris hoicks the country up on to a rickety stool with a noose around its neck, and sets fire to one of the legs.

As of 11pm tonight we have precisely 11 months to negotiate a deal which is palatable to all parties, otherwise we leave for good on December 31st with no deal.

No doubt Boris et al are keen to paint tonight as the end of the process so that they can avoid scrutiny as they accelerate towards the edge of the cliff.

11 months until the extension we are absolutely not going to ask for ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

“Winners” on 09:40 - Jan 31 with 3235 viewsr2d2

You really are a sad little man.
“Winners” on 09:41 - Jan 31 with 3228 viewsHerbivore

“Winners” on 09:40 - Jan 31 by r2d2

You really are a sad little man.

Hilariously you've just complained on another thread that Brexiteers are abused on here. You really don't do self-awareness, petal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

“Winners” on 09:44 - Jan 31 with 3210 viewsusm

I doubt there'll be much celebrating - a few of the usuals no doubt - but the vast majority will just get on with things. Nothing of substance changes at 11 PM anyway.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

“Winners” on 09:44 - Jan 31 with 3213 viewsr2d2

“Winners” on 08:36 - Jan 31 by HARRY10

The celebrations are quite muted. I suspect as this nonsense has already fallen apart - and many now finally grasp the impossibility of what they swallowed.

Farage is even talking about a second referendum. The US is making it clear that the UK will have to take their dodgy products. The EU has stated that withput complete alignment it will mean tariffs.

Johnson has admitted that there will be customs checks at Dover etc, and the EU customs checks will now also be in part of the UK.... overseen by the EU. The role of the ECJ looks to be part of any deal with the EU as will access to UK waters for EU fishing.

Even the so called 'divorce' payment that Johnson agreed the UK should tell the EU to go whistle is now to be paid

But there is one ray of sunshine, it is not £39bn as the UK has already paid £7bn, so there's only £32bn to be paid over the bext 3 years.

so enjoy whatever it is you are celebrating

Perhaps people are just being gracious to those who didnt want it? I dont believe for one minute people have changed their minds in 2 months. Id guess that if we had a re run of the election, Boris would probably get in with an even bigger majority than he has now.
“Winners” on 10:04 - Jan 31 with 3160 viewsHARRY10

“Winners” on 09:44 - Jan 31 by r2d2

Perhaps people are just being gracious to those who didnt want it? I dont believe for one minute people have changed their minds in 2 months. Id guess that if we had a re run of the election, Boris would probably get in with an even bigger majority than he has now.

But it is not about people changing there minds, it is about finally realising what they wanted is not going to happen ... as the past few weeks have clearly shown.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024