Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. 16:32 - Jan 31 with 1717 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground.

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 17:01 - Jan 31 with 1656 viewsElephantintheRoom

You do realise that if Ipswich owned their own ground Marcus Evans would own it - just like he owns the training ground - that Ipswich Town used to own

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 17:34 - Jan 31 with 1599 viewsRadlett_blue

Why would we want to move? We have a long lease & pay low rent.
Portman Road is plenty big enough. I also prefer a town centre ground near the railway station & within a walk of local pubs. i don't want an identikit stadium on an industrial estate to which everyone has to drive & consume the over-priced rubbish available at the ground or frequent the local McDonalds.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 17:36 - Jan 31 with 1593 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Really not sure what owning the freehold to our ground would achieve??

Just a rent saving really.

It ain't a problem.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 17:42 - Jan 31 with 1568 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 17:01 - Jan 31 by ElephantintheRoom

You do realise that if Ipswich owned their own ground Marcus Evans would own it - just like he owns the training ground - that Ipswich Town used to own

Yep, but as has been cited many times before, we are unlikely to ever find anyone to invest in us further when we don't own our own ground, as without the freehold, we are a very unattractive proposition.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 17:56 - Jan 31 with 1540 viewsnoggin

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 17:42 - Jan 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yep, but as has been cited many times before, we are unlikely to ever find anyone to invest in us further when we don't own our own ground, as without the freehold, we are a very unattractive proposition.

So nobody would buy us unless they had the opportunity to sell the stadium?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 17:59 - Jan 31 with 1524 viewsSteve_M

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 17:01 - Jan 31 by ElephantintheRoom

Quite, not owning the ground is a very good thing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 18:15 - Jan 31 with 1495 viewsfactual_blue

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 17:59 - Jan 31 by Steve_M

Quite, not owning the ground is a very good thing.

..Especially if the possible owner is a [libellous adjective removed] businessman.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 18:37 - Jan 31 with 1439 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 17:56 - Jan 31 by noggin

Exactly this.

Not having land assets protects from unscrupulous asset-stripping.

I suppose owning it and having a very rich owner means you could sell it to the owner for a ridiculously inflated fee so that you can get around FFP … except the EFL seem to be taking a very dim view of that currently.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 19:03 - Jan 31 with 1384 viewsRegencyBlue

Spot on sir!

Asset stripping would have gone into overdrive if Marcus could have got his hands on the ground!
If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 21:05 - Jan 31 with 1267 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 17:42 - Jan 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

There is no substance to that argument whatsoever!! Makes no sense.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 21:15 - Jan 31 with 1248 viewsMedwayTractor

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 17:56 - Jan 31 by noggin

ITFC (or one of the ME companies) owns the stadium structure. The freehold interest in the land on which the stadium sits is owned by Ipswich Borough Council.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 22:46 - Jan 31 with 1194 viewsArnieM

Hasn’t the ITFC supporters Trust worked with the IBC to ensure that Evans never can buy the land, by putting this area into Trust ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If it meant ITFC owning their own ground. on 07:52 - Feb 1 with 1043 viewsbournemouthblue

There are huge benefits to owning your own ground on your own land

However as already said, you'd get some identikit ground in either Copdock, Claydon or somewhere like Whitehouse and you'd lose the 'Town' element of the experience

Secondly whilst we don't own the land the ground is on, we own the buildings on it which we may a relatively nominal fee to rent

This prevents the threat of asset stripping potentially so the Borough Council will always be reluctant to let it go, not because they wouldn't want the money but because they wouldn't trust the owners to look out for Ipswich

Marcus Evans has bought the training ground and it is a prime area for housing development

It's quite likely at some point he will sell it and look to move the training facilities further out of Ipswich to some cheaper larger fields

That could also be a location they want to build a stadium also? I don't know

I'm not convinced Evans will be here long enough to see that all through, I'm sure if we ever picked up some momentum and fluked it back to the Premier League he would sell us as soon as possible
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 7:55]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024