Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? 22:49 - Jan 31 with 12535 viewsGirthyguy

Makes no sense why any vegan would waltz into KFC at all let alone go and buy a vegan burger. WTF.
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 22:55 - Jan 31 with 6756 viewsTractorWood

I'm not a vegan nor have I engaged with it beyond trying to eat less meat and get local stuff when possible. However, I've no idea what people are so continuously outraged by. It reminds me of 20 years ago when people ridiculed vegetarians. When people realised it's not that big of a deal, the fuss sort of went away.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 22:56]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:05 - Jan 31 with 6723 viewsGavTWTD

If you go there in a group of people then it makes it easier if there's a vegan alternative but I get your point.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:06 - Jan 31 with 6719 viewsCoastalblue

Why would they not?

They sell food, there's a section of society looking to buy a specific type of food, why would they not cater to them?

I would imagine a lot of non vegans will try it too. I'm not veggie, or vegan, but there's a place at Borough Market that does a wicked dirty vegan burger I love occasionally, it's all food.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:14 - Jan 31 with 6701 viewsFtnfwest

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:05 - Jan 31 by GavTWTD

If you go there in a group of people then it makes it easier if there's a vegan alternative but I get your point.

I’m still waiting for vegetarian restaurants with meat alternatives
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:14 - Jan 31 with 6705 viewsGirthyguy

Exactly. You couldn't walk into a vegan eatery and they have a meat alternative. I just don't get it. Can I have 3 vegan burgers and a 1/2 brisket burger....
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:19 - Jan 31 with 6692 viewsHerbivore

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:14 - Jan 31 by Ftnfwest

You could just go to pretty much every restaurant in the world if you want a restaurant with meat options.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:25 - Jan 31 with 6674 viewsFtnfwest

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:19 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

You could just go to pretty much every restaurant in the world if you want a restaurant with meat options.

This is true, other than the ones I’ve just mentioned.
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:26 - Jan 31 with 6672 viewsRyorry

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:06 - Jan 31 by Coastalblue

Why would they not?

They sell food, there's a section of society looking to buy a specific type of food, why would they not cater to them?

I would imagine a lot of non vegans will try it too. I'm not veggie, or vegan, but there's a place at Borough Market that does a wicked dirty vegan burger I love occasionally, it's all food.

I've not gone full monty vegan, but only eat meat once or twice a week now & completely stopped making meat stews, casseroles etc. over 5 years ago.

Went to a party tonight (no, not Brexit!) where chili con carne, amongst other things, had been cooked. The smell of it made me feel quite nauseous, whereas 5 years ago, it'd have made me hungry.

I'd have thought the smell of real meat cooking (if KFC can be described as that) - would be similarly revolting to vegans?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:44 - Jan 31 with 6634 viewsmonytowbray

Do you often ask why Straight Pride Day and White History Month don’t exist too?
Do you go into McDonalds and ask for a Whopper?
Do you go into Planet Blue and ask why they can’t buy a Norwich shirt?

What a stupid thing to say.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 23:45]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 00:14 - Feb 1 with 6586 viewsJ2BLUE

It's pretty simple.

Vegans don't eat animal products so need an entirely plant based option

The vast majority of meat eaters also eat plants so can find something they like in a vegetarian restaurant.

Was that difficult?

As for the OP, KFC first opened a restaurant in England 55 years ago. They are a business who will adapt to demand. Things have changed in the last 55 years (68 years since the first US KFC opened). More people are vegan. KFC would go 100% vegan if they thought it would make them more money. No one ever asks why seafood restaurants have a steak option or Chinese restaurants have a few English dishes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 00:25 - Feb 1 with 6564 viewsjeera

Exactly this. As you say it will certainly make life easier for some people, especially some families who want something on the go and have maybe just the one member who doesn't want meat.

Equally I can see how many veggies/vegans will refuse to eat from there regardless if not happy with any of their animal stock practices etc.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 00:28 - Feb 1 with 6556 viewsjeera

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 00:14 - Feb 1 by J2BLUE

It's pretty simple.

Vegans don't eat animal products so need an entirely plant based option

The vast majority of meat eaters also eat plants so can find something they like in a vegetarian restaurant.

Was that difficult?

As for the OP, KFC first opened a restaurant in England 55 years ago. They are a business who will adapt to demand. Things have changed in the last 55 years (68 years since the first US KFC opened). More people are vegan. KFC would go 100% vegan if they thought it would make them more money. No one ever asks why seafood restaurants have a steak option or Chinese restaurants have a few English dishes.

Kentucky Fried Chickpeas?

Damn, I'm struggling already.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 03:00 - Feb 1 with 6497 viewsmonytowbray

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 00:25 - Feb 1 by jeera

Exactly this. As you say it will certainly make life easier for some people, especially some families who want something on the go and have maybe just the one member who doesn't want meat.

Equally I can see how many veggies/vegans will refuse to eat from there regardless if not happy with any of their animal stock practices etc.

I’ve not even tried the KFC burger as it feels weird to me to eat KFC. But I will at some point I’m sure.

Just knowing I’ll get a decent hot meal in a service station from here on out is nice, but I’m in no rush to give KFC my money.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 06:50 - Feb 1 with 6445 viewsgmanrom

I have not read any comments on this just giving an obvious answer that might of already been said.

You have a party of 10 and 9 of them are meat eaters and want chicken but they have this one friend who is a vegan, so they decide to go to somewhere else where they can eat meat and their friend can get something vegan friendly.

Now if you was the owner of KFC what would you do?

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 07:34 - Feb 1 with 6403 viewshype313

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 06:50 - Feb 1 by gmanrom

I have not read any comments on this just giving an obvious answer that might of already been said.

You have a party of 10 and 9 of them are meat eaters and want chicken but they have this one friend who is a vegan, so they decide to go to somewhere else where they can eat meat and their friend can get something vegan friendly.

Now if you was the owner of KFC what would you do?

Just going on my good friend, but he would not set foot in the place that serves chicken everywhere, the vegan version is probably being cooked in the same oil as the chicken, not only that, KFC is eveything he abhors ie mass produced production meat.

Think they are delirious if they think it will work and are probably getting worried about the rise of veganism and vegetarianism.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 07:40 - Feb 1 with 6401 viewsbournemouthblue

The mind does boggle but I guess it is a potential first step for some

They have never offered a vegetarian option so in some ways they kill two birds with one stone
(a tragically ironic pun there)

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 08:37 - Feb 1 with 6355 viewsBrixtonBlue

As others have said it's so groups can go there, where one might be vegan.

But I also suspect it's a marketing ploy and wanting to be seen as on-trend. See also the Greggs vegan sausage roll and the publicity it got.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 08:41 - Feb 1 with 6345 viewsHerbivore

I do kind of see the OP's point though to be fair. As an ethical vegan there is no real chance of me deciding to go to KFC when their whole business model is predicated on the mass farming and slaughter of chickens.

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:01 - Feb 1 with 6322 viewsNewcyBlue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 08:41 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

I do kind of see the OP's point though to be fair. As an ethical vegan there is no real chance of me deciding to go to KFC when their whole business model is predicated on the mass farming and slaughter of chickens.

I’d imagine vegans who choose to be vegan for ethical reasons rather than any perceived dietary benefits would take your stance.

I also imagine there are people on plant based diets who will go for this.

I think a vegan lifestyle and a plant based diet are often mislabelled. I could do a plant based diet, but not go to a vegan lifestyle. I also think a plant based diet with the occasional meal including well sourced meat is where I would like to be in terms of my diet.

Although I have just got back from sea, so am giving myself a free weekend!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:02 - Feb 1 with 6318 viewsHerbivore

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:01 - Feb 1 by NewcyBlue

I’d imagine vegans who choose to be vegan for ethical reasons rather than any perceived dietary benefits would take your stance.

I also imagine there are people on plant based diets who will go for this.

I think a vegan lifestyle and a plant based diet are often mislabelled. I could do a plant based diet, but not go to a vegan lifestyle. I also think a plant based diet with the occasional meal including well sourced meat is where I would like to be in terms of my diet.

Although I have just got back from sea, so am giving myself a free weekend!

Agreed, there's a fairly big difference between being a vegan and eating a plant based diet (or a primarily plant based diet).

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:05 - Feb 1 with 6309 viewsNewcyBlue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:02 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

Agreed, there's a fairly big difference between being a vegan and eating a plant based diet (or a primarily plant based diet).

It’s something I see a bit of. People saying they are vegan, when they mean they eat a plant based diet.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:33 - Feb 1 with 6269 viewsBlueBadger

Vegans want to eat cheap, nasty greasy sh1t as well?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:56 - Feb 1 with 6248 viewsstopmoaning

KFC will make money from it, it's pretty simple, they are a business who exist to make money.
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:14 - Feb 1 with 6221 viewsEly_Blue

And it’s a proven statistic that it’s the person with the alternative/vegan diet that is ultimately the one person in a group that dictates where people eat if they are together.

Also worth noting that the glut of plant based products in fast food are not necessarily designed to appeal to vegans but also to those who want to reduce their meat intake or do their bit for the planet, imagine if the whole world gave up meat for 1 day per week what that could do to the environment

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:29 - Feb 1 with 6198 viewsDarth_Koont

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 22:55 - Jan 31 by TractorWood

I'm not a vegan nor have I engaged with it beyond trying to eat less meat and get local stuff when possible. However, I've no idea what people are so continuously outraged by. It reminds me of 20 years ago when people ridiculed vegetarians. When people realised it's not that big of a deal, the fuss sort of went away.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 22:56]

Yes, it's really bizarre.

Ditto people who are outraged by homosexuality, gender issues, environmentalism, civil rights etc. as if they're creeping diseases that'll get them too. Accept that it doesn't really change anything for you, and certainly not in a negative way but historically a positive way, and move on.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024