Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's teams 14:01 - Feb 1 with 1599 viewspointofblue

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Today's teams on 14:04 - Feb 1 with 1453 viewsGuthrum

I know that's an enforced change, but it might also have the effect of making us stronger in defence. If we can keep Toney and Szmodics quiet, that will go a long way to getting something out of this game.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Today's teams on 14:05 - Feb 1 with 1427 viewsWestover

I thought Norwood would have been in for Keane.
Today's teams on 14:06 - Feb 1 with 1397 viewssparks

Today's teams on 14:04 - Feb 1 by Guthrum

I know that's an enforced change, but it might also have the effect of making us stronger in defence. If we can keep Toney and Szmodics quiet, that will go a long way to getting something out of this game.

Thats an optimistic way of looking at it.

Alternatively, it makes for a defensive line up with limited prospects of creating anything. Its certainly not like for like.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Today's teams on 14:08 - Feb 1 with 1339 viewspointofblue

Today's teams on 14:06 - Feb 1 by sparks

Alternatively, it makes for a defensive line up with limited prospects of creating anything. Its certainly not like for like.

We haven't got a like for like when it comes to Huws - Skuse is more defensive, Bishop and Nolan (notionally) more offensive and Dozzell more light-weight.

Today's teams on 14:12 - Feb 1 with 1244 viewsGuthrum

I agree.

Altho Peterborough are most noted for attacking. Their GA figure is, by some margin, the highest in the top half of the division. Us getting goals might be less of a task than keeping them out.

Today's teams on 14:14 - Feb 1 with 1202 viewsGuthrum

Today's teams on 14:08 - Feb 1 by pointofblue

We haven't got a like for like when it comes to Huws - Skuse is more defensive, Bishop and Nolan (notionally) more offensive and Dozzell more light-weight.

Bishop might have come in if he wasn't carrying an injury.

Today's teams on 14:15 - Feb 1 with 1193 viewsbrazil1982

What's Norwood done to upset Lambert?
Today's teams on 14:20 - Feb 1 with 1074 viewspointofblue

Today's teams on 14:12 - Feb 1 by Guthrum

I agree.

Altho Peterborough are most noted for attacking. Their GA figure is, by some margin, the highest in the top half of the division. Us getting goals might be less of a task than keeping them out.

Just looking at the table and we've only conceded ten goals at home in twelve matches. Admittedly that's a couple less than most teams have played at home but still decent.

The concern is we've only scored 18. Rotherham have 25 to their credit, Wycombe 28 and the Posh 31.

As an aside, Peterborough have conceded 36 goals this season to our 25 having played a game more so certainly we seem to be the stronger side at the back.

Login to get fewer ads

Today's teams on 14:23 - Feb 1 with 1034 viewspablovian

The bench allows us to switch to a back four if our back three struggles against their strikers.
Today's teams on 14:33 - Feb 1 with 898 viewsGlasgowBlue

Today's teams on 14:15 - Feb 1 by brazil1982

What's Norwood done to upset Lambert?

Not played as well as Keane. It’s good to have either option.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Today's teams on 14:42 - Feb 1 with 831 viewsLetchworth_Blue

This.....

Where is the creativity coming from or the goal threat for that matter. Keane is too lightweight and terrible in the air. Norwood all day for me...
Today's teams on 15:58 - Feb 1 with 690 viewsgordon

Today's teams on 14:42 - Feb 1 by Letchworth_Blue

This.....

Where is the creativity coming from or the goal threat for that matter. Keane is too lightweight and terrible in the air. Norwood all day for me...

If I were a League One centreback, I'd definitely rather play against Keane than Norwood.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024