Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans is the real problem 17:04 - Feb 1 with 7516 viewsRRB

Lambert out, Sh*t refs, players were awful.

This is all you hear every time we lose a game.

Nobody seems to blame Evans. “But he’s a good owner because he pays the bills.” Bore off.

Evans is the real problem in this club and it’s about time are fans finally see this. Once again we have a good chance of getting promotion but he fails to back Lambert in the window. By the sounds of Lambert’s presser yesterday, all he wanted was some loans and we couldn’t even afford that.

Unfortunately I struggle to see us going up as we can’t beat any teams in the top 8.
Evans is the real problem on 18:02 - Feb 1 with 3278 viewsSwansea_Blue

Evans is the real problem on 17:05 - Feb 1 by BlueBadger

Have you been reading this page at all in the last decade? People(rightly) blame Evans for where we're at all the time.

Constantly. Even those wanting Mick to go we’re dreading who Evans would pick next. It must be one of the longest known ‘secrets’ in football.

He’s a good owner in the way people like the Oystons weren’t. Just not very good.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans is the real problem on 18:12 - Feb 1 with 3263 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the real problem on 17:58 - Feb 1 by CokeIsKey

A fairly competent bloke called Ian Culverhouse.

If you think he can coach you're deluded, from fairly early on it's been obvious how clueless he is. No sane manager would play 32 unique teams in 32 games when the rotation was clearly not working. The players today looked completely void of energy and confidence when they really shouldn't. The fans have been completely behind them, the only person causing this is Lambo

As I’ve said, if he can’t coach, how do you explain his ability to get a rubbish Norwich team promoted in successive seasons then come mid placed in the Prem? Villa then offered him a job.

Clearly you don’t get to manage at that level if you can’t coach.

The players have let him down, they are good enough to get out of the division on paper. They don’t have the fight or attitude.
Evans is the real problem on 18:39 - Feb 1 with 3238 viewsCokeIsKey

Evans is the real problem on 18:12 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

As I’ve said, if he can’t coach, how do you explain his ability to get a rubbish Norwich team promoted in successive seasons then come mid placed in the Prem? Villa then offered him a job.

The players have let him down, they are good enough to get out of the division on paper. They don’t have the fight or attitude.

As mentioned, the reason behind the success at Norwich is because of Lambert's assistant Ian Culverhouse, who was far more intelligent tactically and drove the team forward as a result.

Since splitting, Lambert has had terrible failures at Blackburn, Wolves and Stoke, while Culverhouse manages Kings Lynn Town who are top of their division with ease.

Also, every single player not giving enough fight or attitude must surely signify a problem with the way that they are managed, rather than it just being a coincidence that 18 players all look tired and void of confidence at the same time. Lambert's main strength is to motivate players so what is he without that?

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Evans is the real problem on 18:43 - Feb 1 with 3228 viewsreusersfreekicks

Evans is the real problem on 17:51 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

If he can’t coach, explain why he got Norwich promoted in successive seasons from this league to the premiership, got them to mid table then got offered a job at Villa?

His assistant at the time
Evans is the real problem on 19:03 - Feb 1 with 3217 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hi Paul,

Your success at Norwich was 8 years ago. If you really can still coach, maybe you could dedicate some time to actually doing it here, rather than spending your Saturday evenings logging onto TWTD to defend your latest abysmal performance

Cheers
Healy

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Evans is the real problem on 19:41 - Feb 1 with 3190 viewsLeoMuff

Lambo is clearly past his best, but iim afraid we can’t keep blaming managers, how many need to fail before we look deeper at the way the club is run from the top.

It is becoming quite clear we could appoint Klopp and the chances are we still get turned over by Peterborough, as the club rotten to the core at present, and it’s at Evans door.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Evans is the real problem on 21:48 - Feb 1 with 3142 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the real problem on 18:39 - Feb 1 by CokeIsKey

As mentioned, the reason behind the success at Norwich is because of Lambert's assistant Ian Culverhouse, who was far more intelligent tactically and drove the team forward as a result.

Since splitting, Lambert has had terrible failures at Blackburn, Wolves and Stoke, while Culverhouse manages Kings Lynn Town who are top of their division with ease.

Also, every single player not giving enough fight or attitude must surely signify a problem with the way that they are managed, rather than it just being a coincidence that 18 players all look tired and void of confidence at the same time. Lambert's main strength is to motivate players so what is he without that?

Oh yes - the same Culverhouse who is now at the dizzy heights of ..... Kings Lynn Town.

Please stop making things up.

If you were right, why would Villa have offered Lambert the manager job and not Culverhouse?

Nonsense to suggest that Culverhouse was the reason for Norwich’s success.

I get the fact that we are all pissed off at today’s result but please let’s try to retain at least some intellectual rigour.
Evans is the real problem on 21:49 - Feb 1 with 3134 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the real problem on 18:00 - Feb 1 by RRB

Funny enough, Ian Culverhouse is managing a team who is currently first. It just shows that he was the man with the tactics. Shame he isn't Lambert's number 2 anymore.

Nonsense.

He’s at Kings Lynn Town. If he was so special and carried Lambert, explain why Lambert has managed numerous Premiership sides and Culverhouse hasn’t.

Please don’t make things up.
Login to get fewer ads

Evans is the real problem on 22:30 - Feb 1 with 3099 viewsdavblue

Evans is the real problem on 21:48 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

Oh yes - the same Culverhouse who is now at the dizzy heights of ..... Kings Lynn Town.

Please stop making things up.

If you were right, why would Villa have offered Lambert the manager job and not Culverhouse?

Nonsense to suggest that Culverhouse was the reason for Norwich’s success.

I get the fact that we are all pissed off at today’s result but please let’s try to retain at least some intellectual rigour.

Culverhouse was obviously a big part of his early success, it wasn't all him but some managers naturally work well assistants.

Clough was great until Taylor left his side so it does happen and can't be dismissed that he was a major part of the ear,y success.

I have a family member who's played under Lambert, who said his main attribute was his man management,he wasn't a great coach. It seems as though he's lost that ability from what is coming out of the club. Hes quite aloof with the players.
Evans is the real problem on 22:38 - Feb 1 with 3075 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the real problem on 22:30 - Feb 1 by davblue

Culverhouse was obviously a big part of his early success, it wasn't all him but some managers naturally work well assistants.

Clough was great until Taylor left his side so it does happen and can't be dismissed that he was a major part of the ear,y success.

I have a family member who's played under Lambert, who said his main attribute was his man management,he wasn't a great coach. It seems as though he's lost that ability from what is coming out of the club. Hes quite aloof with the players.

Maybe you’re right, maybe you’re not. What the actual evidence that Norwich’s success was largely down to Culverhouse? And if Culverhouse was so instrumental it’s a bit odd is it not that he is managing a non entity side ten years on?
Evans is the real problem on 22:42 - Feb 1 with 3068 viewsBluePG

Evans is the real problem on 17:17 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

Hardly. We have had six managers all of whom have failed. Many of whom have had good support from Evans.

The squad should be capable of getting out of the division.

Evans is keeping the club going and putting in £6-10million a year to plug the hole in its losses. To attack him is insane.

Agree. How your post had that many down-voting it baffles me.

I’m yet to hear anyone provide a sane way that the club could’ve been run differently since he took over.

It’s gone wrong, yes, but he is NOT to blame.

Poll: Best Dane?

Evans is the real problem on 22:45 - Feb 1 with 3061 viewsdavblue

Evans is the real problem on 22:38 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

Maybe you’re right, maybe you’re not. What the actual evidence that Norwich’s success was largely down to Culverhouse? And if Culverhouse was so instrumental it’s a bit odd is it not that he is managing a non entity side ten years on?

Look at results with and without if you want.

Culverhouse isnt a big name and he was pretty much sacked from Villa if recall correctly, footballcan create stigmas on people rightly or wrongly and people can find it tough to get back in.

He had a good back room team at Wycombe and Norwich and at Villa for a short while before it blew up in difficult circumstances.

Lambert is finished though as a manager, hes done nothing for years and I suspect this will be his last job .
Evans is the real problem on 22:48 - Feb 1 with 3054 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the real problem on 22:42 - Feb 1 by BluePG

Agree. How your post had that many down-voting it baffles me.

I’m yet to hear anyone provide a sane way that the club could’ve been run differently since he took over.

It’s gone wrong, yes, but he is NOT to blame.

It’s because the majority of posters think emotionally, as football fans, not rationally.

Bad day / result = immediate emotional spasm.

Evans has put in around £60-70m and keep the club in existence. Fans don’t care. They expect this and feel it’s their right that someone else pays for their ability to support their team. Why should he spent more money? He’s perhaps not got it but why are we entitled to expect him to risk his money and security so we can have a chance to support a more successful club.
Evans is the real problem on 23:25 - Feb 1 with 3023 viewsChurchman

Evans is the real problem on 22:48 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

It’s because the majority of posters think emotionally, as football fans, not rationally.

Evans has put in around £60-70m and keep the club in existence. Fans don’t care. They expect this and feel it’s their right that someone else pays for their ability to support their team. Why should he spent more money? He’s perhaps not got it but why are we entitled to expect him to risk his money and security so we can have a chance to support a more successful club.

So what you are saying is that you are grateful to Mr Evans and we should be happy with where we are after all these years. That nobody could have done better with little Ipswich and we should accept looking up to Peterborough, Rotherham, Wycombe, Coventry without even a ground of their own and the other big clubs and be happy.

You maybe, I am not and do not accept we should be grateful for our slide into oblivion. Evans bought the club to make money quickly. He cared not a jot for it and still doesn’t. If he could get his money back plus a bit of profit he would. That’s where I think the problem is in him selling the club on. In the meantime, he couldn’t run a bath let alone a football club. His skills in judging and employing people are clearly zero.

Sheepshanks and Evans should be proud of themselves. Maybe share a drink or two. They’ve destroyed a once really good football club that had a chance to compete.
Evans is the real problem on 00:13 - Feb 2 with 3001 viewsRRB

Evans is the real problem on 22:48 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

He's wasted 60-70 million by hiring all the wrong people in his time. The only appointment he got right was McCarthy. Putting money into a club doesn't make you a good owner if you don't spend it wisely.
Evans is the real problem on 00:20 - Feb 2 with 2995 viewsBogblue

seen quite a few blame Evans tbf (can't recall who)
Evans is the real problem on 00:22 - Feb 2 with 2992 viewsBogblue

Evans is the real problem on 17:19 - Feb 1 by RRB

You’re a good example of the problem with this club.

the way he's been writing since he registered on the forum I reckon he must be Evans in disguise!
Evans is the real problem on 02:45 - Feb 2 with 2947 viewsBlueBadger

Evans is the real problem on 17:51 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

If he can’t coach, explain why he got Norwich promoted in successive seasons from this league to the premiership, got them to mid table then got offered a job at Villa?

Care to explain how he's failed at every job he's had post-Norwich?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans is the real problem on 09:01 - Feb 2 with 2887 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the real problem on 23:25 - Feb 1 by Churchman

So what you are saying is that you are grateful to Mr Evans and we should be happy with where we are after all these years. That nobody could have done better with little Ipswich and we should accept looking up to Peterborough, Rotherham, Wycombe, Coventry without even a ground of their own and the other big clubs and be happy.

You maybe, I am not and do not accept we should be grateful for our slide into oblivion. Evans bought the club to make money quickly. He cared not a jot for it and still doesn’t. If he could get his money back plus a bit of profit he would. That’s where I think the problem is in him selling the club on. In the meantime, he couldn’t run a bath let alone a football club. His skills in judging and employing people are clearly zero.

Sheepshanks and Evans should be proud of themselves. Maybe share a drink or two. They’ve destroyed a once really good football club that had a chance to compete.

No, what I’m saying is what I’ve already said.

We should be grateful to Evans to some extent because the so called slide to oblivion would have been worse and more brutal without his money. Do you really how bad things are financially? The club makes a loss of £6-10m each year - a loss. It can’t pay its bills, players, suppliers or taxes unless Evans pumps that money in. Added on to player sales and wages over his time he’s spent nearly £70M. You haven’t got that money, I haven’t got it, and no one else does who is prepared to spend it on the club. He doesn’t want to or can’t spent more now. That’s his choice. Why should he take all the risk with his money when the fans don’t have any financial risk? If 20,000 Ipswich fans were all prepared to put sat £5,000 each into the club, that would raise £100M and we could do something. But most don’t have that money and those who do would never dream of wasting it on the club. So we expect Evans to do it for us.

Doesn’t mean he can’t be criticised for some poor decisions. But we should take into account the reality that without him the club would go under.
Evans is the real problem on 09:02 - Feb 2 with 2887 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the real problem on 02:45 - Feb 2 by BlueBadger

Care to explain how he's failed at every job he's had post-Norwich?

That isn’t the point. The point is that if he has no coaching ability or acumen, he wouldn’t have worked wonders at Colchester and Norwich then been offered successive premiership jobs.

No one on here is in a position to judge his coaching ability. No one on here is a professional manager. It’s always easy to judge from the sidelines.
Evans is the real problem on 09:08 - Feb 2 with 2887 viewsElephantintheRoom

Well yes and no. Town effectively commited suicide when they sold out to an unknown offshore chancer - as seemed blindingly obvious at the time.

BUT Town have enormous advantages in this division that might take a few years to benefit from. I dont think you noticed but Town were absolutely appalling last year... relegated by a country mile - and made even worse by Lambo. Expecting such poor, complacent players (and management) to thrive in a more competetive third division is frankly utterly absurd.

You might have to wait a fe years for things to improve... but inevitably they will whether Evans goes or stays.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Evans is the real problem on 09:11 - Feb 2 with 2885 viewsmrshallisfit

Evans is the real problem on 17:17 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

Hardly. We have had six managers all of whom have failed. Many of whom have had good support from Evans.

The squad should be capable of getting out of the division.

Evans is keeping the club going and putting in £6-10million a year to plug the hole in its losses. To attack him is insane.

But that is not enough if you want to be in the top 2 divisions.
Evans is the real problem on 11:43 - Feb 2 with 2843 viewsagentp

Evans is the real problem on 17:28 - Feb 1 by pennblue

It looked like Sammie Szmodics had a point to prove. No doubt, we turned down his loan move due to wage demands.

I don't think we were ever in for Szmodics. Think a loan to Posh was agreed back in November.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Evans is the real problem on 11:56 - Feb 2 with 2836 viewslongtimefan

Evans is the real problem on 21:49 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

Nonsense.

He’s at Kings Lynn Town. If he was so special and carried Lambert, explain why Lambert has managed numerous Premiership sides and Culverhouse hasn’t.

Please don’t make things up.

Kings Lynn also lost at home yesterday to the team that started the day in 19th position in the league!
Evans is the real problem on 12:00 - Feb 2 with 2832 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the real problem on 11:56 - Feb 2 by longtimefan

Kings Lynn also lost at home yesterday to the team that started the day in 19th position in the league!

The Culverhouse thing is made up by people who want to pretend that the manager of a club which got promoted twice then came mid table in the prem can’t coach.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024