Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F****** Marcus Evans 17:11 - Feb 1 with 4159 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

He’s done it. I said five years ago he’d turn us into a bang average league 1 side. He’s succeeded.

Lambert should be sacked. Evans should be hounded out and forced to sell.

He’s taken us to league 1. What next? We stay here. Then what? League 2? Conference?

I f****** hate him for what he’s done to our club.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:18 - Feb 1 with 3480 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sleepy Suffolk mate. Fans are happy with incompetence cause some Norwich man has told us how good we are.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:18 - Feb 1 with 3472 viewsStokieBlue

Very poor I think everyone will agree.

However, as always, you've not provided any real insight. Forced to sell to who?

You never have a good answer.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:22 - Feb 1 with 3425 viewsmrshallisfit

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:18 - Feb 1 by TRUE_BLUE123

Sleepy Suffolk mate. Fans are happy with incompetence cause some Norwich man has told us how good we are.

Don't bring the Norwich issue in. That just clouds the issue. Lambert is a mentally unstable busted flush. But he is here to stay. As we are in League One. For a while. Until we can't compete financially under Evans and we drop further.
F****** Marcus Evans on 17:24 - Feb 1 with 3395 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:18 - Feb 1 by StokieBlue

Very poor I think everyone will agree.

However, as always, you've not provided any real insight. Forced to sell to who?

You never have a good answer.

SB

He said in the summer he gets interest in the club from buyers all the team but rebuffs them. Despite not being in a position to being us anything but failure. Because he doesn’t give a sh*t about the club really. If he did, he’d sell up.

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:30 - Feb 1 with 3332 viewsSwansea_Blue

He did save the world though .

I’m amazed he wants to keep wasting his money

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:31 - Feb 1 with 3322 viewsjeera

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:24 - Feb 1 by The_Romford_Blue

He said in the summer he gets interest in the club from buyers all the team but rebuffs them. Despite not being in a position to being us anything but failure. Because he doesn’t give a sh*t about the club really. If he did, he’d sell up.

He was quoted as saying he won't sell to anyone he thinks will be detrimental, which isn't the same thing.

As for the repeated insight, everyone knows exactly where we are - it's not some secret that only a few have worked out.

Being 'forced' to sell and the possibility of him completely pulling the plug could result in there being no club for anyone to follow.

There has to be a realistic expectation of someone considerably richer than he to pile in enough cash and effort to turn the entire set-up around.

If there's one available I'll join you and the others outside Portman Road on the protest.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 17:37]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:33 - Feb 1 with 3308 viewspatrickswell

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:31 - Feb 1 by jeera

He was quoted as saying he won't sell to anyone he thinks will be detrimental, which isn't the same thing.

As for the repeated insight, everyone knows exactly where we are - it's not some secret that only a few have worked out.

Being 'forced' to sell and the possibility of him completely pulling the plug could result in there being no club for anyone to follow.

There has to be a realistic expectation of someone considerably richer than he to pile in enough cash and effort to turn the entire set-up around.

If there's one available I'll join you and the others outside Portman Road on the protest.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 17:37]

Evans is detrimental to Ipswich Town.
F****** Marcus Evans on 17:34 - Feb 1 with 3299 viewsjeera

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:33 - Feb 1 by patrickswell

Which is an obvious but unhelpful answer.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:36 - Feb 1 with 3274 viewsGuthrum

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:24 - Feb 1 by The_Romford_Blue

However, if all the buyers are like al Fahim and al Faraj at Portsmouth*, not surprising he rejects them - and not a bad thing for the club, either. He's not going to sell if they're chancers with no real money (as he'd be unlikely to get paid himself).

* Edit: or the lot at Bury
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 17:38]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:37 - Feb 1 with 3250 viewsGuthrum

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:33 - Feb 1 by patrickswell

Is a gentle decline better or worse than a disastrous crash?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:40 - Feb 1 with 3214 viewshector_clifford

How many fans are happy with their clubs owners though?

There are probably Liverpool fans angry that they haven't bought anybody in this transfer window or haven't bought Mbappe.

We could do a lot worse, and would be a lot worse off without him.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:47 - Feb 1 with 3144 viewsOxford_Blue

You’re just expressing anger after a bad result.

Any rational judgment on him has to include the fact he has spent £60m or so to subsidise the club’s losses and make money available , hasn’t taken anything out of the club, and wants the team and club to do well.
F****** Marcus Evans on 17:50 - Feb 1 with 3117 viewspointofblue

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:47 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

Any rational judgment on him has to include the fact he has spent £60m or so to subsidise the club’s losses and make money available , hasn’t taken anything out of the club, and wants the team and club to do well.

At best he wants the best for the club but has no clue how to go about it. He got lucky with McCarthy, didn’t back him the one chance we really had under him (14/15), and we haven’t looked up since.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:51 - Feb 1 with 3103 viewsPecker

How can you force somebody to sell? If there aren't any takers, he can't sell.
F****** Marcus Evans on 17:51 - Feb 1 with 3099 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:47 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

It’s not anger after a bad result.

I’ve been saying it since he didn’t back McCarthy when we were second in January 2014. I’ve not changed my stance on Evans since.

He’s a disgrace.

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:53 - Feb 1 with 3083 viewsOxford_Blue

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:50 - Feb 1 by pointofblue

At best he wants the best for the club but has no clue how to go about it. He got lucky with McCarthy, didn’t back him the one chance we really had under him (14/15), and we haven’t looked up since.

Right, but even if that’s true, he’s put £60m or so into the club. If he wasnt around, do you actually understand the consequences? I mean, do you actually know what would happen to a business that loses £6-10m a year, and can’t pay players or suppliers or taxes?
F****** Marcus Evans on 17:55 - Feb 1 with 3062 viewsMrTown

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:18 - Feb 1 by TRUE_BLUE123

Mate, me and you haven't agreed on much lately, but this is 100% spot on, Sleepy Suffolk.

Players have an easy ride at this club, and its reflected on the pitch. They couldn't give a f*ck if we win, lose or draw.

Just a real rot to the core at this club.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:57 - Feb 1 with 3045 viewspointofblue

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:53 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

Right, but even if that’s true, he’s put £60m or so into the club. If he wasnt around, do you actually understand the consequences? I mean, do you actually know what would happen to a business that loses £6-10m a year, and can’t pay players or suppliers or taxes?

I’m not saying he should go but I do think he needs someone with knowledge and backbone to make the footballing decisions for him. And, again, where on Earth did the five year contract come from after a dire run of form?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

F****** Marcus Evans on 18:00 - Feb 1 with 3027 viewsChurchman

I hate him too. He bought the club with debt discounted to make a quick buck and failed. His interest in it is as minimal as he can make it. He has no ambitions care for it whatsoever and not a clue how to run it. His appointments have been farcical, with the exception of McCarthy and he gave him no support.

The club has been dying for years and so yes, Conference or oblivion. Take you pick. The only chance is for Evans to swallow a loss and sell it and our faceless ticket-selling friend isn’t going to do that.
F****** Marcus Evans on 18:06 - Feb 1 with 2977 viewsDoctor_Earman

Only at ITFC would a manger be rewarded with a 5 year contract for failure. This, his lack of investment, poor managerial appointments, his total invisibility (until recently) and terrible transfer dealings should be enough for any fan base to turn against an owner. Ours won't though as Ipswich fans are largely a soft touch which Evans loves.
F****** Marcus Evans on 18:08 - Feb 1 with 2954 viewsOxford_Blue

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:57 - Feb 1 by pointofblue

I’m not saying he should go but I do think he needs someone with knowledge and backbone to make the footballing decisions for him. And, again, where on Earth did the five year contract come from after a dire run of form?

He has appointed a manager with reasonable experience to do that (Lambert for Norwich promoted from this league to the championship then premiership then came mid table then went to Villa.

Evans has commercial management in place at the club.

He’s put in tens of millions he will probably never see again without which the club would have gone into administration

What should Evans have done differently?
F****** Marcus Evans on 18:11 - Feb 1 with 2927 viewsDoctor_Earman

F****** Marcus Evans on 17:57 - Feb 1 by pointofblue

He's called Lee O'Neill. Unfortunately he's turned into yet another Evans yes man.
F****** Marcus Evans on 18:12 - Feb 1 with 2917 viewssparks

F****** Marcus Evans on 18:00 - Feb 1 by Churchman

I hate him too. He bought the club with debt discounted to make a quick buck and failed. His interest in it is as minimal as he can make it. He has no ambitions care for it whatsoever and not a clue how to run it. His appointments have been farcical, with the exception of McCarthy and he gave him no support.

The club has been dying for years and so yes, Conference or oblivion. Take you pick. The only chance is for Evans to swallow a loss and sell it and our faceless ticket-selling friend isn’t going to do that.

That really is obviously nonsense, given the investment.

he has been shafted by the massive and appalling shift in football finance and the lopsided power of the prem.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

F****** Marcus Evans on 18:14 - Feb 1 with 2894 viewsOxford_Blue

F****** Marcus Evans on 18:00 - Feb 1 by Churchman

“ He has no ambitions care for it whatsoever ”

What - apart from plugging the club’s losses for over ten years and providing managers with funds costing him around £60m?

He’s a businessman so criticising him for wanting to make money from buying the club is a ridiculous argument.

Without Evans the club couldn’t survive.
F****** Marcus Evans on 18:14 - Feb 1 with 2889 viewsblueconscience

F****** Marcus Evans on 18:08 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

He has appointed a manager with reasonable experience to do that (Lambert for Norwich promoted from this league to the championship then premiership then came mid table then went to Villa.

Evans has commercial management in place at the club.

He’s put in tens of millions he will probably never see again without which the club would have gone into administration

What should Evans have done differently?

In answer to the last question, perhaps he should have employed a director of football who actually knows something about football.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024