Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... 17:54 - Feb 1 with 5091 viewsMrTown

Battered, and truly battered by P'boro at home in League 1, 4-1. It hasn't been as low for myself.

It is so difficult to support Lambert after a week at Rotherham and P'boro. Think you've turned a corner but it's just horrendous.

But the f*cking players hold just as much accountability for me, they don't give a sh*t, turn up, have a knock about and a laugh with their mates, take the cheque and feck off again. They get it easy at Ipswich, and it was Paul Hurst who said that. I'll tell you now, the only man to come here and upset the applecart was Paul Hurst, but that sh*t needs to be done. Absolute easy troll here.

Evans, in a realistic world, I don't want fortunes pumped into the club on wasted talent like Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Chopra.

But when you have talent for example like KVY (500k) but we turned him down for free, Sammie Szmodics (Free) and Frankie Kent (£350k) 10 minutes up the road at Col U (just an example), and they go elsewhere, is that unrealistic to expect £350k etc on up and coming talent out of the realms of realism.

I'd give him to end of the season, but we won't go up, no where near good enough. And I have supported Lambert and Town up and down the country, but when we don't make promotion, he has to leave for me. A totally fresh start, rip this f*cking squad apart.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 17:58 - Feb 1 with 5022 viewsMoriarty

I think Roy Keane said there was a soft centre here as well.

Agree we won’t go up. Egohead will think we’re all against him.

Burley or bust.

fka omuircheartaigh

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 17:59 - Feb 1 with 4998 viewsMullet

This is one hell of a climbdown

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 17:59 - Feb 1 with 4993 viewsIllinoisblue

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 17:58 - Feb 1 by Moriarty

I think Roy Keane said there was a soft centre here as well.

Agree we won’t go up. Egohead will think we’re all against him.

Burley or bust.

When was the last time a Town player took the game by the scruff of the neck and dominated play? We just don’t have that. Skuse, nice guy, but needs to be gone.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 18:00 - Feb 1 with 4985 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We disagree a lot. But I agree with a lot of what you have said.

The players do have to take responsibility, they have been below par for a while and today they bottled it.

Evans you are right on, for a good business man he is crap at business. Got his hands stung and now has gone extreme the other way. We now have potentially Garbutt out and Edwards for two games. We need a striker and desperately wingers, and we didn't get them.

I also understand some want to give him until the end of the season, however, his style of football is tragic. We had one good performance against Accy and were ok against Lincoln. PBoro just taught us a lesson and Lambert set up with two holders and a back 5, that isn't good enough. He doesn't have a style of football, its like he puts the players out and just says "there you go lads just do something"

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 18:01 - Feb 1 with 4950 viewsMullet

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 17:59 - Feb 1 by Illinoisblue

When was the last time a Town player took the game by the scruff of the neck and dominated play? We just don’t have that. Skuse, nice guy, but needs to be gone.

Barnsley at home wasn’t it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 18:01 - Feb 1 with 4951 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Downes has that ability, but with another holder next to him it is pointless.

Jim used to do it, he is the last I can really think of ? maybe Bishop in play off season, vs Boro stands out.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 18:01 - Feb 1 with 4941 viewshomer_123

Magic.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 18:02 - Feb 1 with 4921 viewsFunge

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 17:59 - Feb 1 by Mullet

Heh. First laugh of the day.
Login to get fewer ads

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 18:19 - Feb 1 with 4780 viewsMrTown

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 18:00 - Feb 1 by TRUE_BLUE123

We disagree a lot. But I agree with a lot of what you have said.

The players do have to take responsibility, they have been below par for a while and today they bottled it.

Evans you are right on, for a good business man he is crap at business. Got his hands stung and now has gone extreme the other way. We now have potentially Garbutt out and Edwards for two games. We need a striker and desperately wingers, and we didn't get them.

I also understand some want to give him until the end of the season, however, his style of football is tragic. We had one good performance against Accy and were ok against Lincoln. PBoro just taught us a lesson and Lambert set up with two holders and a back 5, that isn't good enough. He doesn't have a style of football, its like he puts the players out and just says "there you go lads just do something"

Evans, gone into a full conservative approach, looking for a way to minimise damage. Has absolutely no interest on the football side on things, just the financial.

I didn't even realise Edwards had been booked. Good lord, that will leave Janoi Donacien and Myles Kenlock as our wing-backs in the next game.

The only reason right now I would give him until the end of the season is because I don't think someone will have time to come in, find his best XI and implement a style whilst still trying to make the play-offs.

Think play-offs are out of the question for me this season with the squad, but I am just praying that Evans has put in a break clause that says he can leaves for nothing if we don't get promoted.

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 18:21 - Feb 1 with 4743 viewshaynes_toe1

Two results and hes completely changed from blindly supporting Lambo
Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 18:53 - Feb 1 with 4582 viewsBlueBadger

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 18:21 - Feb 1 by haynes_toe1

Two results and hes completely changed from blindly supporting Lambo

It's almost like he's a desperate attention seeking trying anything he can to keep people looking at him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 19:07 - Feb 1 with 4494 views3_5_2

I do agree with some of what you post here and I share your frustration and anger

You make a very good point about needing a player to take hold the game and get the crowd up, it just never happens with us. We have a soft underbelly and teams must love playing at PR.

There were a few late tackles etc about 5minutes from time but these were petulance rather than a desire to make a mark, it was miles too late for that

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 20:03 - Feb 1 with 4289 viewsDoctor_Earman

Keith Andrews vs Barnsley. Pretty much saved Jewell his job single-handedly that season.
Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 21:41 - Feb 1 with 3891 viewstractorboy2421

Totally agree, been saying this for years .. to many players not giving a flying f##k about the club, fans & history of our club - as long as they get paid their big fat wages (which they never deserve)..b******s to them, put them on a performance related system.. things will change then. Get ready for another season in this league
Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 22:13 - Feb 1 with 3770 viewsBluearmy71

We would not have got KVY for free, as he was 23 at the time so it would have gone to a tribunal, I think I'm right in saying?? That could have made the fee far more than the 500k we paid this season.
Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 22:14 - Feb 1 with 3756 viewsZacak

Jim Magilton?
Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 22:19 - Feb 1 with 3735 viewsMrTown

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 18:53 - Feb 1 by BlueBadger

It's almost like he's a desperate attention seeking trying anything he can to keep people looking at him.

Opinions are allowed to changed. It’s almost as if on TWTD once you’ve formed an opinion you must take it to the grave and may never waiver.

Having said that, won’t be taking to distraught from one of the most boring posters on TWTD.

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 22:21 - Feb 1 with 3722 viewsMrTown

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 22:13 - Feb 1 by Bluearmy71

We would not have got KVY for free, as he was 23 at the time so it would have gone to a tribunal, I think I'm right in saying?? That could have made the fee far more than the 500k we paid this season.

Think Stuart Watson reported the tribunal fee was allegedly minimal, and significantly less than the 500k paid for him.

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 01:13 - Feb 2 with 3497 viewsBlueBadger

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 22:19 - Feb 1 by MrTown

Opinions are allowed to changed. It’s almost as if on TWTD once you’ve formed an opinion you must take it to the grave and may never waiver.

Having said that, won’t be taking to distraught from one of the most boring posters on TWTD.

You were PRP's biggest cheerleader 12 hours ago, I'm not convinced.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 03:12 - Feb 2 with 3355 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 22:19 - Feb 1 by MrTown

Well according to yourself 2 whole weeks ago no, seeing as you were calling other posters fickle for praising a good performance having previously been critical

I prefer not to speak, if I speak I am in trouble by MrTown 18 Jan 2020 18:04
If the fickleness could ever be summed up in one post, it is right here.

Absolute clown
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 3:13]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 06:46 - Feb 2 with 3191 viewsTractorWood

Evan's has created and enables a framework that is conducive to terminal decline.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 10:45 - Feb 2 with 2789 viewsBluefish

I think the word he uses to describe it usually is fickle

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lowest day as a Town fan for myself... on 10:48 - Feb 2 with 2779 viewsHerbivore

Point of order, KVY wasn't available for free. If we'd signed him it would have gone to tribunal and I seem to recall it being reported that the fee was expected to be in the region of seven figures.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024