Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert out, Adkins in 18:03 - Feb 1 with 2131 viewspointofblue

If he won’t come, hire Nathan Jones or John McGreal. Something needs to give and now - after today, enough is enough.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert out, Adkins in on 18:56 - Feb 1 with 2013 viewsgardins01

Should have gone for the ex Barnsley manager. He has turned it around at Hearts
Lambert out, Adkins in on 18:57 - Feb 1 with 2007 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Nathan Jones all day

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert out, Adkins in on 18:59 - Feb 1 with 1994 viewspointofblue

For those who down-voted, why? Do you honestly think Lambert will turn this around? Or just prefer different replacements.

Lambert out, Adkins in on 19:01 - Feb 1 with 1980 viewsreusersfreekicks

Knee jerk
Lambert out, Adkins in on 19:20 - Feb 1 with 1937 viewsradiogaga

Evans is the problem. Whatever manager comes in is going to have the same problems as every other manager that has worked under him. Very telling that in Lambert's post match interview re Dobra interest, he said where would the money go if we did sell him. Good question, it would go where the Wickham/ Mings/ Cresswell/ Murphy/ Webster/ Waghorn money went. Any manager who comes in is facing the same uphill battles as previous managers.

That is not to say that I support Lambert overly, much of our problems post October sit at his door with the team rotations and insistance on playing Norris despite his utter ineptitude. I just question how far realistically any manager is meant to go with Evans' continued reluctance to invest properly.

And before someone points it out, yes we know how much money he has put in (blah blah blah). But football is an expensive business and he will have known that when he bought the club. Today, a 4-1 home defeat in league one, is the end product of years of under/ non investment and players being sold and not being adequately replaced. Now we are almost down to the bare bones of sellable assets (once Woolfenden and Downes leave) with an owner who seems content with league one, and so long as 18,000-21,000 are rolling in most weeks that will suit him to the ground.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Lambert out, Adkins in on 19:25 - Feb 1 with 1906 viewsMrTown

Evans is the majority problem, but Lambert won't turn it around, unfortunately not much more than a cheerleader/man motivator!

John McGreal for me. But Adkins a good candidate.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert out, Adkins in on 19:41 - Feb 1 with 1845 viewsstopmoaning

Lambert out, Adkins in on 19:25 - Feb 1 by MrTown

Evans is the majority problem, but Lambert won't turn it around, unfortunately not much more than a cheerleader/man motivator!

Why is Evans the problem? Because he won't invest loads like a foreign owner, do people want Ipswich to be a team like that?

Why should all the money from selling players go to more players when the club doesn't break even in the other areas of the business? Has it ever? Did we spend loads after selling Dyer back in the day?

I think it's pretty widely recognised that the squad should be hugely strong in league one, but it's not, so that's the fault of the manager and coaches.
Lambert out, Adkins in on 19:46 - Feb 1 with 1819 viewsDoctor_Earman

Funnily enough on my FM game Lambert was sacked and replaced with Adkins. Town won promotion and are currently a mid-table Championship side.
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert out, Adkins in on 19:56 - Feb 1 with 1764 viewssoupytwist

Lambert out, Adkins in on 19:41 - Feb 1 by stopmoaning

Why is Evans the problem? Because he won't invest loads like a foreign owner, do people want Ipswich to be a team like that?

Why should all the money from selling players go to more players when the club doesn't break even in the other areas of the business? Has it ever? Did we spend loads after selling Dyer back in the day?

I think it's pretty widely recognised that the squad should be hugely strong in league one, but it's not, so that's the fault of the manager and coaches.

The Dyer money went on John McGreal, Jermaine Wright and eventually Marcus Stewart so yes we spent pretty much all of it and we went up.

I don't want us to be some foreign owned plaything splashing cash about but I would like to get the impression that from the top down there is a decent level of football competence that gives us a good chance of success.
Lambert out, Adkins in on 20:03 - Feb 1 with 1715 viewspointofblue

Lambert out, Adkins in on 19:20 - Feb 1 by radiogaga

Evans is the problem. Whatever manager comes in is going to have the same problems as every other manager that has worked under him. Very telling that in Lambert's post match interview re Dobra interest, he said where would the money go if we did sell him. Good question, it would go where the Wickham/ Mings/ Cresswell/ Murphy/ Webster/ Waghorn money went. Any manager who comes in is facing the same uphill battles as previous managers.

That is not to say that I support Lambert overly, much of our problems post October sit at his door with the team rotations and insistance on playing Norris despite his utter ineptitude. I just question how far realistically any manager is meant to go with Evans' continued reluctance to invest properly.

And before someone points it out, yes we know how much money he has put in (blah blah blah). But football is an expensive business and he will have known that when he bought the club. Today, a 4-1 home defeat in league one, is the end product of years of under/ non investment and players being sold and not being adequately replaced. Now we are almost down to the bare bones of sellable assets (once Woolfenden and Downes leave) with an owner who seems content with league one, and so long as 18,000-21,000 are rolling in most weeks that will suit him to the ground.

You can argue our financial position may be an issue at Championship level but it shouldn't be at this level. Our squad is one of the strongest in this division; as I said elsewhere player-for-player we're up there but as a team we're not. And that's down to the manager.

Lambert out, Adkins in on 21:19 - Feb 1 with 1538 viewsnshearman1

Lambert out, Adkins in on 20:03 - Feb 1 by pointofblue

You can argue our financial position may be an issue at Championship level but it shouldn't be at this level. Our squad is one of the strongest in this division; as I said elsewhere player-for-player we're up there but as a team we're not. And that's down to the manager.

And the manager was picked by whom? It's not just about Evans' under-investment, it's combined with a whole host of poor decisions over a decade - not just in terms of managers - which started with the appointment of the psychotic Keane.
Lambert out, Adkins in on 22:43 - Feb 1 with 1415 viewsevansblue

People can moan all they like about Evans but Coventry haven't paid a transfer fee for years and don't even play at home yet are level on points with us.

We have a culture where losing doesn't hurt and the past 15 months have not been good enough.

Me and my mates watch a game and its glaringly obvious what some of our issues are yet they aren't addressed.

Today we had 3 centre backs and Skuse as a defensive midfielder. We then had two up front and Judge behind leaving the other three a huge amount of ground to cover. We just always seem to be over run in the middle of the park, create nothing and revert to long balls. We have no style, no pace, god knows what do we do in training ???
Lambert out, Adkins in on 22:57 - Feb 1 with 1387 viewsMrTown

Lambert out, Adkins in on 19:41 - Feb 1 by stopmoaning

KVY was 500k, Frankie Kent was 350k for P’boro. Are they unrealistic regions to be dealing in, no. Are they fantastic players, yes. You don’t to spend millions and become one of them clubs.

It’s called shrewd recruitment, and we are sh*t at it, never more proven that Hursts shopping spree overseen by Evans.

The team is bang average as a whole. Some good players (Downes, Woolfenden, KVY, Garbutt, Norwood).

Too many passengers, easy rider footballers.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert out, Adkins in on 23:50 - Feb 1 with 1291 viewshaynes_toe1

Lambert out, Adkins in on 19:25 - Feb 1 by MrTown

Very different to what you said about Lambert as little as 14 days ago.

Atleast have a little more courage in your convictions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024