Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In well over a year 22:34 - Feb 1 with 628 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I’ve seen absolutely nothing at all from Lambert to suggest he’s even remotely good at being a football manager.

Tactically he offers nothing, identity he offers nothing, we don’t appear to change during matches or adapt, he doesn’t seem to be a manager players will run through walls for and he seems to make decisions that alienate players - Holy has every right to be furious.

Aside from the great PR stating the obvious I cannot see how we can persist with him. He’s not right for us now and dear, oh dear if we went up somehow ...

I sense the fans are very very close to turning on him. We can’t get to Evans the real problem. We eventually turned on Mick who’d brought us some fantastic times. Lambert is on a tightrope now and over the next few games I can see us slipping out the top six and it getting nasty.

To have not won a game against the top 8 in TEN attempts is humiliating. It shows that we really are not as good as the teams around us now, only a point per game averaged over what 4 months now?

Our great start is a memory. There’s nothing to suggest we will recapture that form and everything to suggest we will continue this form and therefor miss out on the top six altogether.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

In well over a year on 22:54 - Feb 1 with 573 viewsSharkey

Football fans in general are too easily impressed by a Glasgow accent. If Lambert spoke like, say, Graham Gooch or like Barry in Auf Wiedersehen Pet, people would be much less tolerant of his obvious unsuitability for football management.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024