Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know nothing about American Football 01:10 - Feb 2 with 1524 viewsStNeotsBlue

Just seen one of the experts bang on about the 49er's excellent scrimmage. For the first time ever it has given me a reason to have a slight interest in the Super Bowl.

Good luck to the Kansas whatever they are called.
I know nothing about American Football on 01:11 - Feb 2 with 1514 viewsBlueBadger

Was it followed by a REALLY compelling ad break?

*awaits the inevitable downvotes and cries of 'you don't understand it, it's very tactically deep'*

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I know nothing about American Football on 01:20 - Feb 2 with 1491 viewsStNeotsBlue

I know nothing about American Football on 01:11 - Feb 2 by BlueBadger

*awaits the inevitable downvotes and cries of 'you don't understand it, it's very tactically deep'*

Sleep walked into it after MOTD on the Beeb so no ads. I don't understand it.
I know nothing about American Football on 01:24 - Feb 2 with 1486 viewsBlueBadger

I know nothing about American Football on 01:20 - Feb 2 by StNeotsBlue

Sleep walked into it after MOTD on the Beeb so no ads. I don't understand it.

As I understand it, there's some big lads run into each other, a ball pings about a bit and then someone tries to sell you breakfast cereal. Or Beyonce turns up.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I know nothing about American Football on 06:44 - Feb 2 with 1389 viewsHARRY10

I know nothing about American Football on 01:24 - Feb 2 by BlueBadger

As I understand it, there's some big lads run into each other, a ball pings about a bit and then someone tries to sell you breakfast cereal. Or Beyonce turns up.

It's little more than an over hyped, over choreographed costume drama.

Back in the early 1990's I saw a BBC2 documentray that featured the sponsors telling the coaches what sort of 'action' they wanted next so as to lead into linked advert.

I accept that it provides some form of gratification for those with mild Aspergers who may have an fixation with numbers and 'stats'.

However it is to sport what X Factor is to Glastonbury.
I know nothing about American Football on 09:01 - Feb 2 with 1316 viewsElephantintheRoom

I know nothing about American Football on 06:44 - Feb 2 by HARRY10

It's little more than an over hyped, over choreographed costume drama.

Back in the early 1990's I saw a BBC2 documentray that featured the sponsors telling the coaches what sort of 'action' they wanted next so as to lead into linked advert.

I accept that it provides some form of gratification for those with mild Aspergers who may have an fixation with numbers and 'stats'.

However it is to sport what X Factor is to Glastonbury.

ignorance is bliss.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I know nothing about American Football on 10:08 - Feb 2 with 1280 viewsHARRY10

I know nothing about American Football on 09:01 - Feb 2 by ElephantintheRoom

ignorance is bliss.

Which is why pretty much every other country on this earth is ignorant of this buffoonert ie they don't engage in it.... preferring sport instead
I know nothing about American Football on 14:18 - Feb 2 with 1219 viewsRadlett_blue

I know nothing about American Football on 01:11 - Feb 2 by BlueBadger

I used to enjoy the NFL a lot, probably for the reasons which you decry. Once you watch it for a fair while, you begin to understand the tactical nuances. However, that was largely watching Channel 4's highlights programmes in the late 1980s. It does require a lot of patience to watch a full game & if it isn't a close game, it can be pretty dull.
Even when I was really into the game, I wouldn't last beyond the dreaded half time break when watching the Superbowl live, especially as it was by then 1:00am on a monday morning & I had to go to work.
Younger Americans are not watching much live NFL (& baseball) now, largely because the games take way too long & a lot of the time, there isn't much happening. A bit like Test cricket.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I know nothing about American Football on 14:24 - Feb 2 with 1208 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"scrimmage". A term I have only ever heard in one other context. Can't recall what that would be now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

I know nothing about American Football on 14:25 - Feb 2 with 1203 viewsSwailsey

Their first album was brilliant, but I never really listened to the follow up.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I know nothing about American Football on 15:09 - Feb 2 with 1167 viewsElephantintheRoom

I know nothing about American Football on 10:08 - Feb 2 by HARRY10

Which is why pretty much every other country on this earth is ignorant of this buffoonert ie they don't engage in it.... preferring sport instead

Hmmm. I can think of 150 million reasons why you are wrong but your mind is closed.

Wembley, spurs twickenham sell out every year for NFL games and there is a flourishing national game in this country which actually feeds into the NFL.

if you imagine every football league in Europe condensed into one league with no second division - with every club commited to a system that ensures parity and competition from that platform of excellence then you'd be close to what NFL offers... except it is largely skill and tactically based - unlike football which is largely skill and luck based

Each to their own .

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024