Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everything wrong with ITFC on show yesterday 10:54 - Feb 2 with 698 viewsthebooks

The team: Unbalanced. We’re reliant on loans in two positions, including goalkeeper, bizarrely. Kenlock comes on and is expected to be up to speed despite not having played for months. But we do have 75 central midfielders.

The tactics: Peterborough brought home Lambert’s limitations, even when we play relatively well. Their forwards pressed and made some really nice shapes and angles. We simply try to get round the sides, even when Chambers and Wolfenden get forward. It’s so plodding and predictable — and doesn't even work that well despite being so basic.

Lambert’s no need to worry comments after the match were completely risible. His comments about there being no money from transfers available for new signings predictable and depressing.

The ownership/management: Yet another five year “plan” announced a couple of weeks ago along with a bizarre five year contract for Lambert, presumably because there’s nothing else the ownership will do or say about our position.

All that’s really happening is the club is being kept afloat, while we fail to invest but flog off any useful young players. It’s like we’re on life support. Completely reliant on the manager working miracles (a la McCarthy) or us flukeing some form of run. Lambert is no McCarthy.

I read the O'Neill interview in Turnstile Blues. He’s obviously a nice guy who loves the club, and he makes all the right noises about history and painting the foyer so it looks vaguely professional, but what’s his background? Where’s the inspiration, drive or ideas? All I can see is an ex-teacher (no offence — so am I) who’s saying we need to be patient while the masterplan comes to fruition. Like we haven’t been patient for nearly 20 years.

All this poisons the atmosphere. The crowd is frustrated, so it gets on Kenlock’s back as soon as he makes the smallest error, or just openly laughs at him. The crowd chants for Thomas Holy. The loudest songs are just moaning at the ref. It’s all understandable, but doesn’t help the team. (It was clearly a penalty, incidentally.)

My 15 year old son wanted to leave when the third goal went in. God knows how he’s kept the faith so long.

Oh yeah, the price of a pie and pint has increased 25% on last season, the staff in the North Stand barely know how to use the contactless machines and my tea tasted of bleach. Which is what I felt like drinking after yesterday.
Everything wrong with ITFC on show yesterday on 11:10 - Feb 2 with 642 viewsRegencyBlue

Pretty much agree with most of that.

Having said that we are not really being kept afloat, we are just sinking slowly!
Everything wrong with ITFC on show yesterday on 14:53 - Feb 2 with 533 viewsthebooks

Everything wrong with ITFC on show yesterday on 11:10 - Feb 2 by RegencyBlue

Pretty much agree with most of that.

Having said that we are not really being kept afloat, we are just sinking slowly!

I expect we'll find a level mid-table/play-offs L1. Or perhaps we will go even lower.
Everything wrong with ITFC on show yesterday on 14:59 - Feb 2 with 517 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure we are relying on the loan in goal - in fact there is a big suspicion the loan is worse than what we already have and are not playing despite his availability. However we are relying on Garbutt and KVY (not actually a loan) far too much.

The alternative to throwing Kenlock in from cold is to have continued the rotation policy that clearly wasn't working.

I believe it is only 74 central midfielders, the 75th is out on loan. Wouldn't we all still have rather seen Szmodics in our side yesterday all the same?

I can understand the reaction to yesterday but do feel we are still very much in the mix. Lose a few more games and that changes though. A big rest of the month now. COYB!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024