Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" 14:45 - Feb 2 with 6268 viewsgordon

Brexit Britain looking confident, outward looking and comfortable with itself. Great stuff.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/01/police-called-in-after-poster-t
"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 14:50 - Feb 2 with 4539 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There was a thread on this yesterday.

Just saying, not criticising as it is disgusting and a thread on it every day for the whole year (until the interim period before we actually leave is up) would be justified just to point out to those who support Brexit just how enabled these racist scum have become by it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 14:55 - Feb 2 with 4519 viewsgordon

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 14:50 - Feb 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

There was a thread on this yesterday.

Just saying, not criticising as it is disgusting and a thread on it every day for the whole year (until the interim period before we actually leave is up) would be justified just to point out to those who support Brexit just how enabled these racist scum have become by it.

Ah right, didn't see it, thought the story came out today.
"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 14:58 - Feb 2 with 4514 viewsjeera

I'd like to see the UK split into two countries.

We could use that notice right there to decide who goes where.

It would be between those who read it and think it's acceptable behaviour and those who realise it's a disgusting pile of bottom feeding filth.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 14:59 - Feb 2 with 4510 viewsOxford_Blue

Stupid letter. Doesn’t speak for all Brexit voters. Wrong to even imply it might.
"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:05 - Feb 2 with 4487 viewsFtnfwest

Simply no proof who’s put them up. Vile as they are
"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:05 - Feb 2 with 4488 viewsjeera

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 14:59 - Feb 2 by Oxford_Blue

Stupid letter. Doesn’t speak for all Brexit voters. Wrong to even imply it might.

I don't think he was implying it speaks for all.

But these are the people you aligned with to be fair.

(No subject) on 15:06 - Feb 2 with 4478 viewsnoggin

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 14:59 - Feb 2 by Oxford_Blue

Who implied it did?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 15:07]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:07 - Feb 2 with 4466 viewsjeera

(No subject) on 15:06 - Feb 2 by noggin

Who implied it did?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 15:07]

Nobody. It's a guilty conscience thing.

I'd be the same if I'd sided with types like that and voiced it from the rooftops repeatedly.

Login to get fewer ads

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:07 - Feb 2 with 4465 viewsIllinoisblue

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:05 - Feb 2 by Ftnfwest

Thought that too. Not at all convinced it’s genuine

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:18 - Feb 2 with 4440 viewsElephantintheRoom

Its how a fairly large percentage of this country feels... egged on by politicians. Too sneer at the people who feel sufficiently motivated to do this is to ignore what inspires it.

Its no different toa home secretary putting posters on vans telling immigrants their time was up - and some people thought she'd make a good prime minister.

There's no telling where Brexit is taking us... certainly the end of the UK - and presumably an enlivened racist right wing.

Given that cutting Scotland free will make Labout unelectable - well they've done that all on their own anyway and may be about to dumb down... but its a fairly worrying scenario for sane and tolerant people... which admittedly might be a minority now,

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:25 - Feb 2 with 4405 viewsOxford_Blue

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:05 - Feb 2 by jeera

I don't think he was implying it speaks for all.

But these are the people you aligned with to be fair.

Aligned with on the decision to leave the EU not to be racist. That’s the point.
"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:26 - Feb 2 with 4403 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't think anyone is saying all people who voted "leave" agree with this sentiment. It is worrying enough that a handful of people might without it being 52% of those who voted.

It is more that people with these views are definitely enabled by what has happened. Perhaps those who own the whole Brexit thing could publicly say some things that stand up against this but instead Farage and Johnson come out with things that fit far too well with them.

The suggestion the letter is not genuine clearly has not read that the police are investigating it. It was put up on every door of a tower block in Norwich - yes Norwich! It may be only one individual but that is one too many.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:27 - Feb 2 with 4400 viewsnoggin

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:07 - Feb 2 by Illinoisblue

Thought that too. Not at all convinced it’s genuine

It's being reported in msm as being true.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

(No subject) on 15:34 - Feb 2 with 4375 viewsBlueBadger

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:25 - Feb 2 by Oxford_Blue

Aligned with on the decision to leave the EU not to be racist. That’s the point.

All that talk about immigration, 'getting our country back', scaremongering about Turkey joining the EU and '100 million Turks being able to come here' and posters of distinctly non-European refugees was just window dressing.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 15:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:38 - Feb 2 with 4358 viewsWD19

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:05 - Feb 2 by Ftnfwest

The plank that put them up will be traced pretty easily I would have thought.....or at least the printer used will be.

4/7 A simpleton who thinks they are funny
2/1 A fully paid up racist
5/1 A remainer false flag
"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:51 - Feb 2 with 4332 viewseireblue

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:26 - Feb 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't think anyone is saying all people who voted "leave" agree with this sentiment. It is worrying enough that a handful of people might without it being 52% of those who voted.

It is more that people with these views are definitely enabled by what has happened. Perhaps those who own the whole Brexit thing could publicly say some things that stand up against this but instead Farage and Johnson come out with things that fit far too well with them.

The suggestion the letter is not genuine clearly has not read that the police are investigating it. It was put up on every door of a tower block in Norwich - yes Norwich! It may be only one individual but that is one too many.

When challenged early on about the benefits of immigration, and the reports that immigration had a net positive effect, Farage response was, there are some things more important than money. I think he said something like “community harmony was more important than being slightly richer“.

That is what Farage wanted, these are the people he was taking to. Supporters of Farage were supporting a person that was very happy to use the bigotry, prejudice, xenophobia and racism that exists in some people.

Agreed that doesn’t apply to the 52%, maybe just those that were and are still happy to support man of the people Nige.

Supporters of Nige may condemn that sort of letter, but unfortunately the consequences of his campaigning,.....well they are definitely not on the people that have been pointing out when Nige has been blowing his dog whistle.
(No subject) on 17:09 - Feb 2 with 4235 viewsOxford_Blue

(No subject) on 15:34 - Feb 2 by BlueBadger

All that talk about immigration, 'getting our country back', scaremongering about Turkey joining the EU and '100 million Turks being able to come here' and posters of distinctly non-European refugees was just window dressing.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 15:36]

Wanting to have more control over your country’s borders and trade isn’t racist. It’s called racist by the liberal left who want to crush the debate about immigration and vilify anyone who dares to challenge it. The “liberal left” has now become fundamentalist.
(No subject) on 17:13 - Feb 2 with 4228 viewsradiogaga

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:27 - Feb 2 by noggin

It's being reported in msm as being true.

I have seen people blaming this on remainers on Twitter. Seems to be the easy option for leavers to react to any negative backdrop on Brexit (and there is plenty of it) by implying it is a remainer's fault despite there being no suggestion as to how/ why/ who specifically.

I think many of the BBC interviews with people celebrating on Parliament Square on Friday night laid bare an alarming amount of voters that 4 years on from the ref still cannot really expand on their cheap throwaway slogans like 'we have our country back' and ' we have our freedom back' to give one single quantifiable benefit to our day to day lives by leaving the EU. Unfortunately, Brexit and the rhetoric used by many MPs while they pedalled it so passionately seems to have wrongly created a sense of entitlement amongst a small minority of our communities that hate talk such as this is acceptable, which is a dark time for Britain.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 17:19]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 17:20 - Feb 2 with 4204 viewsBlueorder

We have a prime minister who described a certain type of person as having 'watermelon smiles'
I think the country can expect more of the same for many years to come.
"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 17:26 - Feb 2 with 4183 viewsWD19

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 17:20 - Feb 2 by Blueorder

We have a prime minister who described a certain type of person as having 'watermelon smiles'
I think the country can expect more of the same for many years to come.

Indeed he did.

Writing about a prospective trip by Mr Blair to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mr Johnson stated: “No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird.”
"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 17:51 - Feb 2 with 4137 viewsHARRY10

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 15:25 - Feb 2 by Oxford_Blue

I can't say I've ever heard any of you lot vocally disown the racism that has been a fundemental part and driving force behind brexit

Whatever the true story behind this, and who was responsible, we certainly do know that it is in line with what most brexiteers believe
"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 18:01 - Feb 2 with 4122 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Once upon a time incidents such as this would be consigned to the nearest dustbin....hurrah 4 soshal meedya !!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 18:05 - Feb 2 with 4110 viewsMullet

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 18:01 - Feb 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Once upon a time incidents such as this would be consigned to the nearest dustbin....hurrah 4 soshal meedya !!

That's the problem isn't it? Why should this not go viral? Why should we accept it these days?

Plenty of people in Norwich are rightly upset at this and how it makes their city look. But like most provincial places, it has a mix of middle-class lefty types who will be aghast and those emboldened enough to dismiss it or even praise it loudly.

It's not a big incident in isolation, but the context of it shows how broken the country is.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 18:06 - Feb 2 with 4110 viewsfactual_blue

What an appalling piece of writing, littered with errors. Clearly an ill-educated brexiteer (i.e., a brexiteer).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 18:21 - Feb 2 with 4060 viewsBlueorder

"the the Queens English is the spoken tongue here" on 17:26 - Feb 2 by WD19

Indeed he did.

Writing about a prospective trip by Mr Blair to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mr Johnson stated: “No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird.”

......... And not forgetting his 'Letter box & 'Bank robber' remarks. He really is not fit for office.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024