Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Keane 08:24 - Feb 3 with 6566 viewsReuser_is_God

Decent touch & all that but is he the biggest fanny to have ever played for us?

If you chucked a baby out of a 10 storey building he’d bring it down on his thigh no problem but ask him to compete for a header & he sh1ts himself.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Will Keane on 08:28 - Feb 3 with 5589 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You want him to head a falling baby....have a word!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Will Keane on 08:30 - Feb 3 with 5584 viewsGarv

Have a word. We’re a bit crap at the minute but this is nonsense.

Just because he’s not all action, get booked and swear at the ref James Norwood style, doesn’t make him a fanny.

But I like your baby analogy.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 8:31]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Will Keane on 08:39 - Feb 3 with 5533 viewshaynes_toe1

He's not a very good player. Lamberts recruitment since he came here hasn't been good enough to gloss over the rest of his failings / inabilities.
Will Keane on 08:48 - Feb 3 with 5488 viewsDarth_Koont

Will Keane on 08:39 - Feb 3 by haynes_toe1

He's not a very good player. Lamberts recruitment since he came here hasn't been good enough to gloss over the rest of his failings / inabilities.

Harsh on Keane as he's looked fantastic at times.

But as I think you're also saying, Lambert's recruitments have been more hit than miss overall. Judging them as individuals anyway. It's forming a cohesive unit and team approach that's been the problem.

And that's a particular drawback for a player like Keane who thrives on decent service and bringing in players around him

Pronouns: He/Him

Will Keane on 08:49 - Feb 3 with 5477 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't reckon Kent or Beavers have had an easier afternoon this season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Will Keane on 08:52 - Feb 3 with 5463 viewsRobTheMonk

Slumdog Berbatov.
Will Keane on 08:52 - Feb 3 with 5466 viewsGarv

Will Keane on 08:39 - Feb 3 by haynes_toe1

Holy
KVY
Garbutt
Norwood

These have been amongst our better players this season. All brought in over the summer. Holy should have played more, 100%.

Judge was a good signing, but has been an overwhelming disappointment this season.

Keane was a monumental upgrade on the strikers we had when he came in, Quaner too. But they were a mixture of unfit and injured during the second half of the season.

There’s been a few duffs of course. Dawkins for example reminded me of when we signed Kelly Youga, but overall, considering the relative peanuts he’s had to spend, we’ve recruited fairly well.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Will Keane on 08:54 - Feb 3 with 5433 viewsHerbivore

I don't really know what to make of Keane. He's clearly got ability but sometimes games just pass him by and you almost forget he's playing. Very often he's not in a position to threaten the goal or really make life hard for the opposition defence. He's not really clicked with Jackson or Norwood in a two as yet, whereas Jackson and Norwood have linked up well at times when playing together. It's a tough one. I still think we'd be better off in a 4-3-3, potentially with Keane as a bit of a false 9 and two genuine forwards (Jackson and Sears or Norwood) up there with him. We just don't threaten the opposition enough currently.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Will Keane on 08:56 - Feb 3 with 5429 viewsReuser_is_God

Will Keane on 08:54 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

I don't really know what to make of Keane. He's clearly got ability but sometimes games just pass him by and you almost forget he's playing. Very often he's not in a position to threaten the goal or really make life hard for the opposition defence. He's not really clicked with Jackson or Norwood in a two as yet, whereas Jackson and Norwood have linked up well at times when playing together. It's a tough one. I still think we'd be better off in a 4-3-3, potentially with Keane as a bit of a false 9 and two genuine forwards (Jackson and Sears or Norwood) up there with him. We just don't threaten the opposition enough currently.

A false 9? There is no way we have any players with the intelligence to even think about playing that system.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Will Keane on 08:58 - Feb 3 with 5410 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Don't mind him but he's not good in the air with his back to goal. A half decent coach would be able to improve that, and needs to improve that if we intend to continue lumping it forward.
Will Keane on 08:59 - Feb 3 with 5403 viewsDubtractor

He is just really ineffective isn't he? I've voiced my opinion a few times, but I just don't see what it is that he brings us, yes he is neat and tidy but there isn't much else there.

And agree with RiG general point, one of the least brave players I've seen in a town shirt.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Will Keane on 09:00 - Feb 3 with 5397 viewsCuffy81

He's a decent finisher but both him and Jackson spend too much time out of the oppositions box, part of the reason why our goals have dried up.

Lumping it forward to him and Jackson is completely pointless.
Will Keane on 09:04 - Feb 3 with 5363 viewsKieran_Knows

Will Keane on 08:59 - Feb 3 by Dubtractor

He is just really ineffective isn't he? I've voiced my opinion a few times, but I just don't see what it is that he brings us, yes he is neat and tidy but there isn't much else there.

And agree with RiG general point, one of the least brave players I've seen in a town shirt.

I would say we're clearly not playing to his strengths. Granted, he is quite tall and you'd think he'd win a header every now and then, but that's clearly not his strengths. Getting it to his feet is, but we still insist on going long to him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Will Keane on 09:07 - Feb 3 with 5322 viewsHerbivore

Will Keane on 09:00 - Feb 3 by Cuffy81

He's a decent finisher but both him and Jackson spend too much time out of the oppositions box, part of the reason why our goals have dried up.

Lumping it forward to him and Jackson is completely pointless.

Agree with this, Jackson likes to work the channels and Keane likes to drop deep which leaves us nothing in the box when they play as a pair. Norwood does tend to spend more time in and around the area when he plays. We either need to go back to Norwood and Jackson up top or switch to a front three.

I realised something depressing this morning, we've only won a handful of games (Bolton, Tranmere, Shrewsbury, Accrington, Southend) by more than one goal this season. Those five sides are in the bottom eight in the league. We don't really create enough, especially when faced with more competent sides.

Will Keane on 09:07 - Feb 3 with 5327 viewsCoco

Certainly up there with Huws and Bishop.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Will Keane on 09:17 - Feb 3 with 5275 viewschicoazul

Will Keane on 08:59 - Feb 3 by Dubtractor

Have heard similar a few times and to me it sounds like he is gunshy after all his injuries, which is understandable I suppose.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:30 - Feb 3 with 5200 viewsMrTown

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Will Keane on 09:41 - Feb 3 with 5159 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I said exactly the same about Keane on Saturday. I think he would be more effective playing off the striker. It suits his game far more than being out and out

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Will Keane on 09:50 - Feb 3 with 5084 viewsTrumptonBlue

On average this season, it has taken 141 minutes for Town to score a goal when Will Keane has been on the pitch. The next least effective player* is Jon Nolan at 96.3 minutes per goal. The team average is 63.7 minutes.

* I'm not really claiming this is an accurate measure of a player's effectiveness, but I find it interesting that Keane is such an outlier. Figures for the other strikers are 52.3 minutes for Norwood and 57.2 for Jackson.
Will Keane on 09:50 - Feb 3 with 5083 viewsVaughan8

People were raving about him because he had one good game the other week.

Clearly could be good, but he's actually not very good. as OP says, decent touch but not really much else. I've seen him in 3 games and was pretty anonymous in all of them or wanting to get a yellow card. Foul after foul after foul. No wonder we don't have any shots...… haha
Will Keane on 10:13 - Feb 3 with 5002 viewsHerbivore

Will Keane on 09:50 - Feb 3 by Vaughan8

People were raving about him because he had one good game the other week.

Clearly could be good, but he's actually not very good. as OP says, decent touch but not really much else. I've seen him in 3 games and was pretty anonymous in all of them or wanting to get a yellow card. Foul after foul after foul. No wonder we don't have any shots...… haha

I think his better performances have come from the bench to be honest. He's looked less effective when starting.

Will Keane on 10:42 - Feb 3 with 4926 viewsPilgrimblue

Will Keane on 10:13 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

I think his better performances have come from the bench to be honest. He's looked less effective when starting.

Maybe

Perhaps play him just behind strikers instead of Judge who for me would be better out wide. For all ur possession we don't get enough players to get into the box and when crosses come over there's no one there!
PL must play with J&N and get them to deliver goals.
Will Keane on 11:36 - Feb 3 with 4853 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Will Keane on 11:38 - Feb 3 with 4834 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Will Keane on 08:52 - Feb 3 by Garv

Holy
KVY
Garbutt
Norwood

These have been amongst our better players this season. All brought in over the summer. Holy should have played more, 100%.

Judge was a good signing, but has been an overwhelming disappointment this season.

Keane was a monumental upgrade on the strikers we had when he came in, Quaner too. But they were a mixture of unfit and injured during the second half of the season.

There’s been a few duffs of course. Dawkins for example reminded me of when we signed Kelly Youga, but overall, considering the relative peanuts he’s had to spend, we’ve recruited fairly well.

Agree, Lambert's recruitment has been his best point. Injuries have went against him but his tactics/team selection/subs are all over the place and the goalkeeping situation is a mystery.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Will Keane on 11:59 - Feb 3 with 4781 viewsKeaneish

Norwood has been my first pick for a while and more so than ever. Keane has undoubted quality but we need to start working defensive lines harder. Norwood offers a lot more in that respect and when the chips are down, gambles and carries more threat plus his partnership with Jackson is better.

That said, Will Keane in the 10 role might be a better shout although I also think Judge benefits from the movement of Norwood and between them we move teams around a bit better.

All a bit depressing that we’re having these debates in Feb though.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024