Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know it's been said many times.. 08:48 - Feb 3 with 1185 viewsKieran_Knows

.. over the last few years, but surely it's time Evans get someone alongside him who knows a thing or 2 about football? I know it's been done to death about getting someone like Burley or Butcher on board given their previous Town experiences, and if it's them, great, but if it's someone externally, surely it's something that Evans should be looking at?

I'm probably referring to Lambert's new 5 year deal a few weeks ago more than anything. Surely, if someone on that board knew a thing or 2 about football, they'd have advised Evans that wouldn't be a good thing to do? It was stupid at the time, and it's looking even more stupid as every week goes by.

I think I've finally just about calmed down from Saturday, a shocking state of affairs. Only ever walked out on 2 Town games, both against Peterborough. What a time to be alive.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I know it's been said many times.. on 08:53 - Feb 3 with 1156 viewsDarth_Koont

That's Lee O'Neill isn't it? But he has been tasked with the long-term strategic view that involves keeping a manager around for a long time.

I'd argue it's more down to the manager (and probably his assistants) to get more consistent in the day-to-day, match-to-match stuff.

Pronouns: He/Him

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:15 - Feb 3 with 1107 viewsReuser_is_God

I know it's been said many times.. on 08:53 - Feb 3 by Darth_Koont

That's Lee O'Neill isn't it? But he has been tasked with the long-term strategic view that involves keeping a manager around for a long time.

I'd argue it's more down to the manager (and probably his assistants) to get more consistent in the day-to-day, match-to-match stuff.

I’m sorry but Lee O’Neill is fecking useless. He knows nothing about football, you can tell that from his interviews where it’s all business BS.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:25 - Feb 3 with 1079 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I agree, the club seems rudderless. Lee ONeill seems a decent guy, but I don't think he has the experience to run a club of our 'size'.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:26 - Feb 3 with 1077 viewsSomethingBlue

Forget Burley/Butcher or their ilk. What we need is our own Stuart Webber, as I'm afraid O'Neill is a good guy but will never be in that league.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:29 - Feb 3 with 1062 viewsDubtractor

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:26 - Feb 3 by SomethingBlue

Forget Burley/Butcher or their ilk. What we need is our own Stuart Webber, as I'm afraid O'Neill is a good guy but will never be in that league.

Was going to add something similar to this.

Other clubs recruit a 'Director of Football' type of role from around Europe. We give it to the bloke most suited who happens to already be at the club, and who almost certainly isn't really qualified to do it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:32 - Feb 3 with 1045 viewsdavblue

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:26 - Feb 3 by SomethingBlue

by the same token is he being given the tools with which to do a job or has the remit of a Webber?

I suspect managerial appointments are decided by Marcus, as the same criteria is pretty much looked at everytime. Have they been promoted to the premier league, yes ok you are a suitable candidate. It doesn't matter what style of play they have.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 9:45]
I know it's been said many times.. on 09:32 - Feb 3 with 1036 viewsReuser_is_God

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:29 - Feb 3 by Dubtractor

Was going to add something similar to this.

Other clubs recruit a 'Director of Football' type of role from around Europe. We give it to the bloke most suited who happens to already be at the club, and who almost certainly isn't really qualified to do it.

Cheap cheap cheap cheap

Evans out

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:36 - Feb 3 with 1017 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:32 - Feb 3 by davblue

by the same token is he being given the tools with which to do a job or has the remit of a Webber?

I suspect managerial appointments are decided by Marcus, as the same criteria is pretty much looked at everytime. Have they been promoted to the premier league, yes ok you are a suitable candidate. It doesn't matter what style of play they have.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 9:45]

Yes, we would struggle to secure someone of that calibre, he was poached from Hudds with an ambitious scope.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:41 - Feb 3 with 1002 viewsSteve_M

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:15 - Feb 3 by Reuser_is_God

I’m sorry but Lee O’Neill is fecking useless. He knows nothing about football, you can tell that from his interviews where it’s all business BS.

The issue with O'Neill is that he doing about six jobs and Evans retains all the decision making at the club to himself.

He clearly isn't useless as the - very slow - change of direction on things like community engagement and tickets for schools shows. Things that are, or should be, an essential part of any football club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:43 - Feb 3 with 983 viewsReuser_is_God

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:41 - Feb 3 by Steve_M

The issue with O'Neill is that he doing about six jobs and Evans retains all the decision making at the club to himself.

He clearly isn't useless as the - very slow - change of direction on things like community engagement and tickets for schools shows. Things that are, or should be, an essential part of any football club.

Yes, that’s probably a more fair assessment.

However that community stuff you mention shouldn’t come under the remit of a DoF or whatever fancy fcuking title he has.

Evans out

I know it's been said many times.. on 11:08 - Feb 3 with 882 viewshadleighboyblue

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:43 - Feb 3 by Reuser_is_God

However that community stuff you mention shouldn’t come under the remit of a DoF or whatever fancy fcuking title he has.

There are so many things wrong at ITFC , starting from the top .

I agree we need someone that knows something about football , but there are so many other areas that are not working ...….

5 year contract for a manager yet to prove himself as far as results are concerned

Recruitment is poor , Posh have obviously done very well on that front

Training / tactics , Town are so slow and predictable , with no movement or support for the forwards

Not giving good youngsters a chance , sticking with the safe , but boring players that are not game changers

Finances ..not spending any money in spite of receiving funds from Bart sale and very healthy gate receipts
I know it's been said many times.. on 11:47 - Feb 3 with 828 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I know it's been said many times.. on 09:43 - Feb 3 by Reuser_is_God

General manager of football operations

In other words, Marcus evans' mouthpiece. Not sure really what he is contributing to the football side if im honest, probably sweet FA Milne style

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024