Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will we get enough points this season? 10:53 - Feb 3 with 1000 viewsSuperfrans

I was really down after Saturday. Terrible performance, which we need to improve on quickly - starting at Sunderland. It made me wonder about the points total we might need and whether we are likely to get anywhere near it.

Having looked through the matches we have to come, and having a stab at the points we might get, it is not beyond us to get something like 80 points given our run-in. And a recent estimate suggested that 79-82 could be enough for automatic promotion.

We currently have 48 points - and 32 is definitely possible from these games.

Of course, this means dramatically improving our home form - but we have the kinds of teams to play at home which could very well help us do this, especially in April.

What does anyone else think?

FEB - 10 points
Sunderland A - 0 points
AFC Wimbledon A - 3 points
Burton Albion H - 3 points
Oxford United H - 1 points
Blackpool A - 3 points

MARCH - 7 points
Fleetwood Town H - 3 points
Coventry City H - 1 points
Bristol Rovers A - 3 points
Portsmouth H - 0 points

APRIL - 12 points
Southend United H - 3 points
Bolton Wanderers H - 3 points
Shrewsbury Town A - 3 points
Rochdale H - 3 points
Doncaster Rovers A - 0 points

May - 3 points
MK Dons H - 3 points

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Will we get enough points this season? on 10:56 - Feb 3 with 975 viewsMetal_Hacker

Nice thought but as it stands we'll struggle against Burton,Oxford and Blackpool this month. Can't see us getting anything from those three games and you've got us down for 7 points.

Like I said . nice thought

Poll: If it were one or the other

Will we get enough points this season? on 10:56 - Feb 3 with 972 viewsKieran_Knows

I think I'm even more down about it this morning than what I was on Saturday to be honest. I stayed (mostly) clear of here and twitter yesterday, couldn't bring myself to read any of it, but my god, Saturday was bad. Even so I had a row with the bloke behind me at the game, which I've never done.

Further to your post though, I'd go for this;
FEB - 8 points
Sunderland A - 0 points
AFC Wimbledon A - 3 points
Burton Albion H - 3 points
Oxford United H - 1 points
Blackpool A - 1 point

MARCH - 7 points
Coventry City H - 0 points
Bristol Rovers A - 3 points
Portsmouth H - 1 points

APRIL - 10 points
Shrewsbury Town A - 1 point
Rochdale H - 3 points
Doncaster Rovers A - 0 points

May - 3 points
MK Dons H - 3 points

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I get to an additional 22pts.... on 10:58 - Feb 3 with 954 viewsBloots

....which might see us sneak into the play offs.

And then that will be that.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Will we get enough points this season? on 10:59 - Feb 3 with 948 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What on earth makes you think this side will win at places like Blackpool , Bristol Rovers and Shrewsbury? At the start of the season yes, but over the last 20 games we've drawn these matches at best.

We have 48 points from 31 games? 1.54 points per game. You are suggesting we get 32 from 15 games, which is 2.13 points per game. Promotion form!

Over the last 19 games we have taken 21 points I think which is just above relegation form. Add to that no KVY, Huws is out, Bishop is out, Norwood and Jackson are barely scoring, we have no goals from midfield and can't keep clean sheets, you'd have to have blue tinted glasses on blue tinted glasses to think we are going to improve to those levels.

Absolute best we scrape the playoffs and likely get outclassed over two legs by the teams we simply cannot beat.

FEB - 5 points
Sunderland A - 0 points
AFC Wimbledon A - 3 point
Burton Albion H - 1 point
Oxford United H - 0 points
Blackpool A - 1 point

MARCH - 4 points
Bristol Rovers A - 1 point
Portsmouth H - 0 points

APRIL - 11 points
Rochdale H - 3 points
Doncaster Rovers A - 1 point

May - 1 point
MK Dons H - 1 point

21 points. Most of them in April. Would see us slip down to about 8th, threaten to make the playoffs and just miss out at the end.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 11:03]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Will we get enough points this season? on 11:03 - Feb 3 with 918 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd probably knock a couple of points off that at the moment; we will make the play-offs and then have to hope we've learned some lessons bloody quickly. Can't afford for the atmosphere to be too morose at the moment though — will only make things much worse at an absolutely critical time.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 12:31]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Will we get enough points this season? on 11:25 - Feb 3 with 870 viewsHarry_Palmer

On current form that looks wildly optimistic. I don't see us winning at Blackpool, Bristol Rovers and Shrewsbury, we might win one of those if we are lucky.

I'm not even sure we will win at Wimbledon, especially if we suffer another confidence sapping defeat at Sunderland ( very likely ).
Will we get enough points this season? on 11:25 - Feb 3 with 869 viewsITFC_Forever

That's not miles away... but I would reduce our haul from the Blackpool and Brizzle Rovers away games to a couple of draws.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Will we get enough points this season? on 11:30 - Feb 3 with 851 viewsPinewoodblue

Soon to time to have a go at the league calculator which you will find under interactive.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Will we get enough points this season? on 12:02 - Feb 3 with 802 viewsSuperfrans

Will we get enough points this season? on 10:59 - Feb 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

What on earth makes you think this side will win at places like Blackpool , Bristol Rovers and Shrewsbury? At the start of the season yes, but over the last 20 games we've drawn these matches at best.

We have 48 points from 31 games? 1.54 points per game. You are suggesting we get 32 from 15 games, which is 2.13 points per game. Promotion form!

Over the last 19 games we have taken 21 points I think which is just above relegation form. Add to that no KVY, Huws is out, Bishop is out, Norwood and Jackson are barely scoring, we have no goals from midfield and can't keep clean sheets, you'd have to have blue tinted glasses on blue tinted glasses to think we are going to improve to those levels.

Absolute best we scrape the playoffs and likely get outclassed over two legs by the teams we simply cannot beat.

FEB - 5 points
Sunderland A - 0 points
AFC Wimbledon A - 3 point
Burton Albion H - 1 point
Oxford United H - 0 points
Blackpool A - 1 point

MARCH - 4 points
Bristol Rovers A - 1 point
Portsmouth H - 0 points

APRIL - 11 points
Rochdale H - 3 points
Doncaster Rovers A - 1 point

May - 1 point
MK Dons H - 1 point

21 points. Most of them in April. Would see us slip down to about 8th, threaten to make the playoffs and just miss out at the end.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 11:03]

I didn't say we definitely would, I said it was not beyond us. And, just as form can dip, (as it has) form can improve.

Feel free to disagree, I'm just stating an opinion...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024