Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? 11:41 - Feb 3 with 3972 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bloke on twitter claiming they dragged him out and manhandled his pregnant partner and autistic brother - presumably from SAR upper.

Posh fans saying the guy was completely red, so assume that he was furious about something rightly or wrongly. Even if he was kicking off, had too much to drink etc, which there's nothing to suggest just generalising on my experiences, as error prone as that might be, I can't imagine his pregnant partner likely to have been kicking off and potential his brother could have been distressed by whatever was going on?

Did anyone see what happened to cause them to be ejected?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 11:53 - Feb 3 with 3545 viewsKeaneish

From what I saw he was giving it non-stop verbals from kick-off. Must have boiled over somehow after we conceded. Have to say I thought the Posh fans were quite well behaved and pretty timid in comparison but then again they had an easy afternoon of it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

They sit behind me.... on 11:58 - Feb 3 with 3527 viewsBloots

....a generally "gobby" family that like to bait the away fans.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that in my view, there's never anything over the top.

The same thing was happening on Saturday, but another couple of blokes had already caught the attention of the stewards for persistent standing, so the whole area was being watched more closely than normal.

A "snatch squad" was called in from the away end, I actually saw them leave the away end very quickly and commented that they'd be over here in a minute, and they were.

Words were exchanged, again nothing too serious, but as usual the steward with the massive conk that they always use for ejections was getting a bit too hands on and the girl got pushed down a couple of steps.

Everything then got a bit silly, hands were thrown and they all got dragged out.

The stewards were getting pelters (by Churchman's standards) as they took them out.

It was totally OTT, they are long time season ticket holders, who come along as a family and don't really do any harm.

It's a football match.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 12:10 - Feb 3 with 3458 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 11:53 - Feb 3 by Keaneish

From what I saw he was giving it non-stop verbals from kick-off. Must have boiled over somehow after we conceded. Have to say I thought the Posh fans were quite well behaved and pretty timid in comparison but then again they had an easy afternoon of it.

Sounds like a bunch of chavs.

Best rid.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

They sit behind me.... on 12:10 - Feb 3 with 3463 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

They sit behind me.... on 11:58 - Feb 3 by Bloots

Absolutely nothing wrong with that in my view, there's never anything over the top.

The same thing was happening on Saturday, but another couple of blokes had already caught the attention of the stewards for persistent standing, so the whole area was being watched more closely than normal.

A "snatch squad" was called in from the away end, I actually saw them leave the away end very quickly and commented that they'd be over here in a minute, and they were.

Words were exchanged, again nothing too serious, but as usual the steward with the massive conk that they always use for ejections was getting a bit too hands on and the girl got pushed down a couple of steps.

Everything then got a bit silly, hands were thrown and they all got dragged out.

The stewards were getting pelters (by Churchman's standards) as they took them out.

It was totally OTT, they are long time season ticket holders, who come along as a family and don't really do any harm.

It's a football match.

I assume she wasn't visibly pregnant? If so that's even more appalling.

Either way, no fan, especially a women or child should be manhandled or pushed near the stairs. I cannot imagine any woman, if faced with 3 or 4 male stewards being asked to leave, refusing to do so to the point of being manhandled.

If, as you say, they were simply gobby, then that's ridiculous. Their apparent behaviour is only justified if you've got a fan refusing to leave and being violent.

The video of the Posh fan being slapped (even if it is lightly) is appalling too. He's being held from behind, not struggling and doesn't seem to be doing anything other than complying.

They sit behind me.... on 12:12 - Feb 3 with 3438 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They sit behind me.... on 12:10 - Feb 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Either way, no fan, especially a women or child should be manhandled or pushed near the stairs. I cannot imagine any woman, if faced with 3 or 4 male stewards being asked to leave, refusing to do so to the point of being manhandled.

If, as you say, they were simply gobby, then that's ridiculous. Their apparent behaviour is only justified if you've got a fan refusing to leave and being violent.

The video of the Posh fan being slapped (even if it is lightly) is appalling too. He's being held from behind, not struggling and doesn't seem to be doing anything other than complying.

Lots of presumptions there.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

They sit behind me.... on 12:20 - Feb 3 with 3400 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

They sit behind me.... on 12:12 - Feb 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Lots of presumptions there.

Presumptions based off what Bloots has said.

A gobby family seemingly doing nothing but giving Posh fans some verbals who, when deemed necessity to be ejected, according to Bloots haven't done anything close enough to needing to be manhandled to the point of pushing a woman, who may or may not have been obviously pregnant, down a couple of stairs.

I wasn't there. Hence why I asked people that were. Personally I have seen lots of people roughly ejected and very rarely have I seen fans that were aggressive or needed to be dragged out in the manner they are.

This doesn't sound proportionate based on what Bloots has witnessed.

They sit behind me.... on 12:21 - Feb 3 with 3384 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They sit behind me.... on 12:20 - Feb 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Presumptions based off what Bloots has said.

A gobby family seemingly doing nothing but giving Posh fans some verbals who, when deemed necessity to be ejected, according to Bloots haven't done anything close enough to needing to be manhandled to the point of pushing a woman, who may or may not have been obviously pregnant, down a couple of stairs.

I wasn't there. Hence why I asked people that were. Personally I have seen lots of people roughly ejected and very rarely have I seen fans that were aggressive or needed to be dragged out in the manner they are.

This doesn't sound proportionate based on what Bloots has witnessed.

Meh, just seems to be lots of conjecture on twitter based on a gobby family (they sound nice).

They sit behind me.... on 12:23 - Feb 3 with 3377 viewsChiefXL

They sit behind me.... on 12:21 - Feb 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Meh, just seems to be lots of conjecture on twitter based on a gobby family (they sound nice).

He said, making a presumption...
Login to get fewer ads

They sit behind me.... on 12:26 - Feb 3 with 3356 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They sit behind me.... on 12:23 - Feb 3 by ChiefXL

He said, making a presumption...

What was the presumption?

'Gobby family' is not a description of a 'nice' family is it!

They sit behind me.... on 12:29 - Feb 3 with 3339 viewsChiefXL

They sit behind me.... on 12:26 - Feb 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

What was the presumption?

'Gobby family' is not a description of a 'nice' family is it!

You said they sound like a bunch of chavs.
But please continue....
They sit behind me.... on 12:31 - Feb 3 with 3328 viewsIllinoisblue

It's a football match.

The gobby family dynamic is an intriguing one. I can fully understand being a bloke with your mates and getting mouthy but dragging your missus and kid along to join in seems weird.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 12:37 - Feb 3 with 3295 viewsReuser_is_God

It also seems a Facebook page has been set up since the game Saturday about ITFC stewards.

I joined for a laugh.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 12:40 - Feb 3 with 3264 viewsSitfcB

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 12:37 - Feb 3 by Reuser_is_God

It also seems a Facebook page has been set up since the game Saturday about ITFC stewards.

I joined for a laugh.

Same.

First thing I saw was a video of that bastard North Stand stand manager c unit.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

They sit behind me.... on 12:53 - Feb 3 with 3197 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They sit behind me.... on 12:29 - Feb 3 by ChiefXL

You said they sound like a bunch of chavs.
But please continue....

A gobby family, giving it verbal non stop. Based on that description, sounds like chavvy behaviour.

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 12:55 - Feb 3 with 3171 viewsKieran_Knows

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 12:37 - Feb 3 by Reuser_is_God

I joined for a laugh.

What's it called?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 12:59 - Feb 3 with 3118 viewsReuser_is_God

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 12:55 - Feb 3 by Kieran_Knows

What's it called?

'Fans not criminals ITFC'

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 13:01 - Feb 3 with 3108 viewsKieran_Knows

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 12:59 - Feb 3 by Reuser_is_God

'Fans not criminals ITFC'

I'll have a look for a laugh then.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

They sit behind me.... on 13:18 - Feb 3 with 3005 viewspeterleeblue

It's a football match.

"Its a football match"

That has always interested me.

What is it about a football match that "permits" people to behave like absolute bell ends toward's other fellow human beings (own Supporters, opposing supporters, Managers and players and worst of all match officials). I'm no snowflake and a bit of humorous banter is fine but in my role as an amateur match official I have genuinely thought that if they could get away with it a supporter (other member of the public) would actually risk a jail sentence for some GBH against me for having the temerity to give a throw in against his team.
I didn't see anyone that looked pregnant..... on 13:26 - Feb 3 with 2971 viewsBloots

They sit behind me.... on 12:10 - Feb 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

...just a bit fat.

The Posh fan getting "slapped" was the same steward that chucked this lot out.

To be fair they would have probably just got away with a talking to if they'd have done what they were asked, but it just escalated.

They definitely pulled the "but we've been coming for years" routine and got no sympathy.

I'm not really bothered either way, they got boring about 5 years ago to be honest.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

They sit behind me.... on 14:14 - Feb 3 with 2860 viewsChiefXL

They sit behind me.... on 12:53 - Feb 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

A gobby family, giving it verbal non stop. Based on that description, sounds like chavvy behaviour.

That is a presumption.
Posh people can also be 'gobby'. You have presumed their class.

That is your choice of course, however to call out other people for making presumptions whilst making your own seems rather hypocritical.
They sit behind me.... on 14:38 - Feb 3 with 2791 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

They sit behind me.... on 14:14 - Feb 3 by ChiefXL

That is a presumption.
Posh people can also be 'gobby'. You have presumed their class.

That is your choice of course, however to call out other people for making presumptions whilst making your own seems rather hypocritical.

In fairness, all the Posh people were in the away end.

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 15:07 - Feb 3 with 2744 viewshaughleyblue74

Steward with big conk is a complete bell end hides behind his big mate, about time he was found out
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 15:14]
On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 15:43 - Feb 3 with 2677 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 15:07 - Feb 3 by haughleyblue74

Steward with big conk is a complete bell end hides behind his big mate, about time he was found out
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 15:14]

Is that the short balding bloke about 55ish?

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 15:44 - Feb 3 with 2671 viewshaughleyblue74

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 15:43 - Feb 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Is that the short balding bloke about 55ish?

No wavy gingerish hair in his 40s I reckon
On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 15:45 - Feb 3 with 2664 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

On the subject of stewards, did anyone see why the Town fans were taken out? on 15:44 - Feb 3 by haughleyblue74

No wavy gingerish hair in his 40s I reckon

I didn't think it was. The one I am thinking of has always been in and around the North Stand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024