Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? 13:49 - Feb 3 with 3537 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

As much as I hated him, I understand why Grant Holt acted the way he did.

He played for us hated rivals. We called him a f*t bastard. He loved to score against us and wind us up. That's part of the game and if you give it out you should take it too. No problems with that.

But one thing I have noticed in League One is that this behaviour is apparent even when there is no cause. In matches with no atmosphere with little happening it's gone on and Saturday was a classic example.

Szmodics put them 4-0 up and celebrated in front of Churchmans like 3,000 people had been singing songs about having had him mum for the previous 70 minutes. It's odd and happens all the time.

Nobody had given him any stick. We were 3-0 down and not a word was being said. Yet instead of running over to their fans he decided to taunt ours. Why?

He seemed to do the same for the first goal, admittedly away from his own fans but again why?

Players used to save this for when they'd got abuse but now you see some Stevenage striker doing it when they've made it 1-0 at Carlisle, 3 minutes into a match in front of 8 people.

It's laughable.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 13:58 - Feb 3 with 3463 viewsMrTown

Because they are League 1 footballers trying to be big time.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 14:03 - Feb 3 with 3434 viewsArnieM

I wondered that as well. Town fans hardly gave their players aggro, and Szmodics appeared to have an axe to grind. I can only assume he didn’t have a good interaction with Evans regarding a potential move to us?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 14:07 - Feb 3 with 3409 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 14:03 - Feb 3 by ArnieM

I wondered that as well. Town fans hardly gave their players aggro, and Szmodics appeared to have an axe to grind. I can only assume he didn’t have a good interaction with Evans regarding a potential move to us?

Speaking of Evans, it was good to see the owner of the club completely blow out watching the match as soon as it got to 4-0.

I expect fans to walk out, but the owner doing so?

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 14:14 - Feb 3 with 3365 viewsIP33

Isn't Szmodicx a Col U fan?
Tyler-Walker was a little sh1te too.

it's all very pathetic.
Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 14:17 - Feb 3 with 3367 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Sammie was bought through the Colchester academy and went to school in Colchester so grew up with that “rivalry” that apparently exists between the two clubs.

Always a dream of his to score at Portman Road.

On a side note we did enquire about him but he would have refused the move anyway that and we were never going to pay his 15/20k a week wages that’s his now on at Bristol City.
Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 14:29 - Feb 3 with 3285 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 14:17 - Feb 3 by ColchesterBlue1985

Sammie was bought through the Colchester academy and went to school in Colchester so grew up with that “rivalry” that apparently exists between the two clubs.

On a side note we did enquire about him but he would have refused the move anyway that and we were never going to pay his 15/20k a week wages that’s his now on at Bristol City.

Raul grew up in Atletico's academy and signed for Real Madrid.

Michael Owen and Jamie Carragher were Evertonians (Ian Rush too I think) and become Liverpool legends.

Are you suggesting that a League 2 footballer on about £2k a week would not have quadrupled his salary to move up two divisions because of the rivalry that doesn't exist between us and Colchester?

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 14:39 - Feb 3 with 3245 viewsHerbivore

The majority of players at this level are right sh!thouses, much worse than in the Championship.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 14:42 - Feb 3 with 3230 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If I was a footballer I would do it to pretty much every club I played against. So would most people I reckon.

Norwood does it and its funny. Vardy does it and its funny. I don't mind it when its for us so It doesn't really matter when it happens against us. Just a bit of fun really.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 15:00 - Feb 3 with 3167 viewseddiespearitt03

Part and parcel of being a footballer for some.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 11:19]
Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 15:01 - Feb 3 with 3162 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 14:29 - Feb 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Raul grew up in Atletico's academy and signed for Real Madrid.

Michael Owen and Jamie Carragher were Evertonians (Ian Rush too I think) and become Liverpool legends.

Are you suggesting that a League 2 footballer on about £2k a week would not have quadrupled his salary to move up two divisions because of the rivalry that doesn't exist between us and Colchester?

Sorry I mean he wouldn’t leave Bristol to join us on loan (especially as he had other options)

Who knows before his Bristol move we may well have had a chance but not now. Very similar to the Greg Halford situation, our only chance of getting him was directly from Col U once he was established and had other options than us we didn’t stand a chance of getting him. We tried to get him on 2/3 separate occasions.
Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 16:03 - Feb 3 with 3077 viewsMrTown

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 15:01 - Feb 3 by ColchesterBlue1985

Sorry I mean he wouldn’t leave Bristol to join us on loan (especially as he had other options)

Who knows before his Bristol move we may well have had a chance but not now. Very similar to the Greg Halford situation, our only chance of getting him was directly from Col U once he was established and had other options than us we didn’t stand a chance of getting him. We tried to get him on 2/3 separate occasions.

Kwame Poku and Courtney Senior are the next 2 who will just slide on past us.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 16:25 - Feb 3 with 3025 viewsjaykay

i think he must read this forum as when he was being talked about on here a week ago, the resident experts on here said , he was wasn't any better than what we have here. he wasnt needed etc ,so maybe he got the hump with them

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 17:14 - Feb 3 with 2945 viewsjontysnut

I was at an under 9s game. This kid scored and ran past some bewildered mums and dads cupping his ear and giving the old shush sign.
Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 17:27 - Feb 3 with 2903 viewsTractorCam

He's a Colchester fan who hates Ipswich, due to the big rivalry between the clubs.... his words!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 17:46 - Feb 3 with 2848 viewsSharkey

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 14:17 - Feb 3 by ColchesterBlue1985

Exactly. He's a Colchester fan, his dad's a Colchester fan, his mates are Colchester fans.

You say 'apparently' there's a rivalry, -- of course it's pretty much a one-way rivalry. But Colchester fans generally don't like Ipswich in the same way that Bolton, say, don't like Manchester Utd, or presumably Walsall think about Villa, or Crewe about Stoke. When Szmodics celebrates like that it's not for the people from Ipswich who support Ipswich, it's for the people from Colchester who do. Can't see it's hard to understand.
Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 17:48 - Feb 3 with 2821 viewsSamWhiteUK

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 17:14 - Feb 3 by jontysnut

I was at an under 9s game. This kid scored and ran past some bewildered mums and dads cupping his ear and giving the old shush sign.

Now that is funny!
Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 17:59 - Feb 3 with 2770 viewsTractorCam

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 17:46 - Feb 3 by Sharkey

Exactly. He's a Colchester fan, his dad's a Colchester fan, his mates are Colchester fans.

You say 'apparently' there's a rivalry, -- of course it's pretty much a one-way rivalry. But Colchester fans generally don't like Ipswich in the same way that Bolton, say, don't like Manchester Utd, or presumably Walsall think about Villa, or Crewe about Stoke. When Szmodics celebrates like that it's not for the people from Ipswich who support Ipswich, it's for the people from Colchester who do. Can't see it's hard to understand.

So the word is, obsessed?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 18:03 - Feb 3 with 2763 viewsbluefunk

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 17:46 - Feb 3 by Sharkey

So why did he do the same to the Rotherham fans at London Road when he scored against them - maybe is is just an arrogant little tw@r
Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 18:08 - Feb 3 with 2744 viewsPecker

They forget all to quickly. I have seen loads down the years giving the home fans grief, only to sign for that side a year or two later. Sterling did it while at Liverpool against Man City. He signed for them the next transfer window. Score your goal, celebrate with YOUR fans and all is good.
Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 18:08 - Feb 3 with 2744 viewsJDB23

I don't understand why the NSL went ballistic at Toney when he celebrated in front of us. That's exactly the reaction they are after, don't know why it makes people so mad, let these league 1 players have their big day out.
Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 18:27 - Feb 3 with 2688 viewstractorboy1978

On the contrary, I heard from someone close to him that he was very keen to come here on loan and Lambert snubbed him (whether that be because we wouldn't pay the money or he thought we didn't need him) and that is what the reaction was about on Saturday.
Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 18:43 - Feb 3 with 2647 viewsSharkey

Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 17:59 - Feb 3 by TractorCam

So the word is, obsessed?

Not really obsessed, though they truly dislike Lambert more than anyone else, and so perhaps there's more glee than previously if Town lose. They sing about Southend too, and even Wycombe.

If you are someone who wishes Colchester could get better gates, of course it's sad to see people hopping on trains north and south to watch football. I think the more thoughtful ones realise that West Ham are as big a problem, in that it's only about 40 minutes to the London Stadium, and they weren't at all happy when the Gazette (the Colchester paper) started giving free publicity to very cheap train tickets to Stratford.
Why are so many footballers now absolute bells? on 10:10 - Feb 4 with 2305 viewsHarlestonblue

He's a Colchester lad and a Us fan. They see us as the hated local rivals. They are jealous of our much larger support and the fact that Colchester and North Essex is a big part of the Ipswich fan base. There are more Ipswich fans than Col U!
They also envy our stadium but it really wrankles that so many fans drive north on the A12 every other Saturday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024