Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hmmm that's weird 16:27 - Feb 3 with 1419 viewschicoazul

I thought a no deal hard Brexit would be the end of the UK car industry?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/feb/03/nissan-eu-uk-hard-brexit

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hmmm that's weird on 16:32 - Feb 3 with 1387 viewsHARRY10

From that link

"Nissan denied having made such a plan, however, and said its Sunderland plant would be under threat along with its European operations if the UK fails to ensure tariff-free access to the EU market. "

not sure why you brexiteers feel the need to demonstrate you have no understanding of any of this, as we did grasp that fact way back
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 16:33]
Hmmm that's weird on 16:33 - Feb 3 with 1373 viewschicoazul

Hmmm that's weird on 16:32 - Feb 3 by HARRY10

From that link

"Nissan denied having made such a plan, however, and said its Sunderland plant would be under threat along with its European operations if the UK fails to ensure tariff-free access to the EU market. "

not sure why you brexiteers feel the need to demonstrate you have no understanding of any of this, as we did grasp that fact way back
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 16:33]

You're right, I am sure this Guardian story referencing the FT has no basis in reality at all.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hmmm that's weird on 16:38 - Feb 3 with 1336 viewsHARRY10

Hmmm that's weird on 16:33 - Feb 3 by chicoazul

You're right, I am sure this Guardian story referencing the FT has no basis in reality at all.

it has all the basis in reality, as here is a quote from that very FT report

'Nissan’s warnings have prompted fears that the company would eventually be forced to close its Sunderland production site if UK prime minister Boris Johnson fails to secure a deal with the EU'

https://www.ft.com/content/c4f0d1e2-4442-11ea-a43a-c4b328d9061c

[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 16:40]
Hmmm that's weird on 16:48 - Feb 3 with 1280 viewsWeWereZombies

Bearing in mind Nissan's tie up with Renault and the continuing fall out from the Carlos Goshn affair, The Guardian article seems speculative at best whilst also containing the contradictions already pointed out. On the plus side it is remarkably concise for The Guardian...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Hmmm that's weird on 16:50 - Feb 3 with 1277 viewsflimflam

Hmmm that's weird on 16:38 - Feb 3 by HARRY10

it has all the basis in reality, as here is a quote from that very FT report

'Nissan’s warnings have prompted fears that the company would eventually be forced to close its Sunderland production site if UK prime minister Boris Johnson fails to secure a deal with the EU'

https://www.ft.com/content/c4f0d1e2-4442-11ea-a43a-c4b328d9061c

[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 16:40]

Prompted fears from who? The bogeyman?

Nissan did not say that in that report, in fact quite the opposite.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Hmmm that's weird on 16:53 - Feb 3 with 1262 viewsStokieBlue

Saw earlier than Nissan have dismissed the report so hard to gain anything from it at the moment.

I did also see this earlier which was surprising and a tad depressing:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-bame-eu-parliament-members

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hmmm that's weird on 16:54 - Feb 3 with 1254 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lets celebrate if it happens, not now.

This story is currently in the 'Gabriel Batistuta' category.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hmmm that's weird on 16:54 - Feb 3 with 1255 viewsDarth_Koont

Another example of p!ss-poor journalism.

They *may* have modelled different scenarios by the sound of it. Which would be just as much to justify the costs of upping sticks.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Hmmm that's weird on 17:09 - Feb 3 with 1215 viewsHARRY10

Hmmm that's weird on 16:50 - Feb 3 by flimflam

Prompted fears from who? The bogeyman?

Nissan did not say that in that report, in fact quite the opposite.

so a direct quote from the FT amounts to ...'not saying it'

and I get critized for calling you lot thick

however here is a quote from the Telegraph direct from Nissan

'Nissan denied the existence of the contingency plan.

“We’ve modelled every possible ramification of Brexit and the fact remains that our entire business both in the UK and in Europe is not sustainable in the event of WTO tariffs,” the Japanese giant said.'

Which merely demonstrates that you brexiteers never read beyond the headlines, instead scurrying about the media in a desperate search tp prove that you haven't been sold a load of old bollox that is not going to happen

now why not tell us that Nissan is lying about Nissan
Hmmm that's weird on 17:43 - Feb 3 with 1156 viewsElephantintheRoom

No - failing to invest in the British car industry and selling out to foreign owners was the end of the British car industry,

Having Indian, German, Chinese and Anerican owners of car plants was a short term solution that may already have run its course as car companies struggle to fund the mad aversion to diesel ad rush towards electric cars way before they are fit for purpose....irrespective of Brexit.

Besides you can look forward to buying an american muscle car

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024