Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League table since Accrington away makes grim reading 09:17 - Feb 4 with 5046 viewsDubtractor

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/daterange/fromdate:2

I appreciate that this subject has been covered a few times, but just looking at it this morning (at home with man flu and nothing better to do) brings it home.

One of the key factors for me is that we've just stopped scoring enough goals. We all know the defence could be better, but for the most part it is fine for this division, however we don't score enough goals. An average of 1.1 goals per game over that period is awful tbh, and I'm surprised that no effort was made to change it up during the window.

Goals win games, always have done, and we haven't got enough of them in our team.

I'm not too sure how we fix it from here though, I guess playing Norwood from the start would help - he may miss too many chances, but on the flip side he is the one forward that is always busting a gut to get in scoring positions to start with.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 09:19 - Feb 4 with 4627 viewsgeg1992

Wow, that really is shocking.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 09:23 - Feb 4 with 4595 viewstextbackup

We barely shoot, so no wonder goals have dried up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I know that repeating the same thing over and over..... on 09:30 - Feb 4 with 4585 viewsBloots

....and expecting a different result is the first sign of madness, but we simply don't create enough chances.

It's been obvious for a long while.

This doesn't just mean that we lack someone to make the "killer pass" although we obviously do, but something as simple as having the confidence to take a shot from around the edge of the area would be a step forward.

Someone to run into the penalty area and take a man on would help.

Someone to win a header from a cross would be a bonus..

We seem to over complicate and slow down every one of the rare attacks that we put together.

I used to laugh disdainfully at those that would shout "just f*cking shoot", but they do genuinely have a point at the moment.

If you throw enough sh*t at the wall some of it will stick, particularly in this league.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Took me about 100 words to say that mate..... on 09:30 - Feb 4 with 4572 viewsBloots

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 09:23 - Feb 4 by textbackup

.....you're right.

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 09:34 - Feb 4 with 4548 viewsMrTown

That is horrendous. over 18 games as well.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 09:37 - Feb 4 with 4546 viewsitfcjoe

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 09:23 - Feb 4 by textbackup

We spend too long trying to work the perfect shooting or crossing opportunity and invariably don't end up doing either - it's infuriating to watch

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 09:38 - Feb 4 with 4529 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Portsmouth cup run really impacting on their recent form...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 09:40 - Feb 4 with 4514 viewsSWGF

2/3 of our front three are happier moving *away* from the goal rather than towards it. It's why Norwood needs to start. At least defenders know he's on the pitch when he plays.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

I know that repeating the same thing over and over..... on 09:42 - Feb 4 with 4514 viewsDubtractor

I know that repeating the same thing over and over..... on 09:30 - Feb 4 by Bloots

....and expecting a different result is the first sign of madness, but we simply don't create enough chances.

It's been obvious for a long while.

This doesn't just mean that we lack someone to make the "killer pass" although we obviously do, but something as simple as having the confidence to take a shot from around the edge of the area would be a step forward.

Someone to run into the penalty area and take a man on would help.

Someone to win a header from a cross would be a bonus..

We seem to over complicate and slow down every one of the rare attacks that we put together.

I used to laugh disdainfully at those that would shout "just f*cking shoot", but they do genuinely have a point at the moment.

If you throw enough sh*t at the wall some of it will stick, particularly in this league.

Yep, agree with all of that.

Edwards (I know, Edwards) was a rare bright spark in the first half on Saturday as he was running at defenders, sometimes crossing, sometimes cutting in for a shot. Nothing came of it ultimately, but it was pretty much our only genuine attacking threat all game.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 10:19]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 09:45 - Feb 4 with 4498 viewsKieran_Knows

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 09:40 - Feb 4 by SWGF

2/3 of our front three are happier moving *away* from the goal rather than towards it. It's why Norwood needs to start. At least defenders know he's on the pitch when he plays.

Norwood should've been on as soon as the 2nd goal went in on Saturday. I don't reckon Beavers or Kent will have an easier afternoon in the league this season as they did on Saturday.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 09:55 - Feb 4 with 4456 viewsReuser_is_God

Jesus wept

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 10:00 - Feb 4 with 4429 viewsdavblue

Im all for giving managers time but they have to give you something to hold onto.

Lambert hasn't in his career here given me anything where i think we are a good side. We weren't going to solve all our issues in 3 windows, but be consistent with your tactics rather than fliting from one idea to the next and there be a plan that you can buy into. There is no plan from what i can see, i know Lambert would dispute this but i've seen nothing from him.

Yeah we are 4th in the league but our trajectory is downwards.
League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 10:06 - Feb 4 with 4400 viewsSwansea_Blue

Before those couple of results recently we were down in 20th since Accy, I think. OK, the only thing that matters is the position at the end of the season, but it's telling as to the direction we're heading. 18 games is long enough for it not to be a blip (and we can see it unfolding before our eyes on the pitch anyway).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I know that repeating the same thing over and over..... on 10:07 - Feb 4 with 4401 viewsReuser_is_God

I know that repeating the same thing over and over..... on 09:42 - Feb 4 by Dubtractor

Yep, agree with all of that.

Edwards (I know, Edwards) was a rare bright spark in the first half on Saturday as he was running at defenders, sometimes crossing, sometimes cutting in for a shot. Nothing came of it ultimately, but it was pretty much our only genuine attacking threat all game.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 10:19]

Watching Ipswich in League 1 with Gwion Edwards as our only attacking threat.

Jesus fcuking christ.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 10:12 - Feb 4 with 4377 viewsHARRY10

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 09:55 - Feb 4 by Reuser_is_God

Jesus wept

if it stayed at that level for the remaining 17 games it would give us a total of 67.5 points by May

3 wins off a likely 6th place
League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 10:12 - Feb 4 with 4370 viewsKieran_Knows

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 10:12 - Feb 4 by HARRY10

if it stayed at that level for the remaining 17 games it would give us a total of 67.5 points by May

These are the days.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 10:17 - Feb 4 with 4351 viewsPinewoodblue

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 10:12 - Feb 4 by HARRY10

Except we only have 15 games remaining.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

And he was only up for it.... on 10:18 - Feb 4 with 4346 viewsBloots

I know that repeating the same thing over and over..... on 10:07 - Feb 4 by Reuser_is_God

Watching Ipswich in League 1 with Gwion Edwards as our only attacking threat.

Jesus fcuking christ.

....because it was his old club.

Every other week he gets blown over every time I fart.

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 10:40 - Feb 4 with 4275 viewshomer_123

It's no 15th though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 11:09 - Feb 4 with 4201 viewshampstead_blue

Norwood for Keane
Dobra/Dozzell/Bishop for Judge
Holy for Wilson

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 11:20 - Feb 4 with 4165 viewsChrisd

Great work Dubtractor. What's interesting for me, is if you have a look at the sides in the top 10 currently, they are the ones, in the majority, residing in those places of Dubstractor's table. Which suggests they are finishing the season strongly, while we are going in the opposite direction. Which confirms my fear, there are teams that are getting it together at the right time, while we are faltering. The top 2 is unrealistic, but worryingly based on those figures the top 6 looks a stretch too!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 11:32 - Feb 4 with 4117 viewsHerbivore

Our wins over that period include 4 of the bottom 7 sides plus 14th placed Lincoln. That's really not good enough. It's shockingly bad for a side with our resources at this level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Here's some grim reading: on 11:57 - Feb 4 with 4049 viewsBackToRussia

5 year deal.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 14:45 - Feb 4 with 3720 viewsgainsboroughblue

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 10:40 - Feb 4 by homer_123

It's no 15th though.

Joint 15th

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

League table since Accrington away makes grim reading on 15:05 - Feb 4 with 3674 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Since September we are a point better off that Bolton?

F***!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024