Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The dictator in No.10 09:49 - Feb 4 with 12587 viewsNo9

Sorry if this has already been posted, it should concern all, that the Johnson regime is not only refusing to appear of cetain broadcasting programmes but, now seeks to control the printed press as well (not that, that is something new for the tories) how dangerous is this?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-news-journal

What else are they planning for justice & the judiciary after the Ball- V- Johnson stitch up?

Someone a few weeks ago posted thatwe are en route to becoming a fascist state - this goes to show that poster was not wrong.
The dictator in No.10 on 09:52 - Feb 4 with 6930 viewsSwansea_Blue

Horrendous isn't it. The media on this occasion redeemed themselves by all walking out, so that's a little glimmer of hope.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The dictator in No.10 on 09:53 - Feb 4 with 6921 viewssolemio

The dictator in No.10 on 09:52 - Feb 4 by Swansea_Blue

Horrendous isn't it. The media on this occasion redeemed themselves by all walking out, so that's a little glimmer of hope.

Yes, even the Mail correspondent walked out. Crikey.
The dictator in No.10 on 09:54 - Feb 4 with 6915 viewsSwansea_Blue

The dictator in No.10 on 09:53 - Feb 4 by solemio

Yes, even the Mail correspondent walked out. Crikey.

And the Torygraph. I never thought I'd say it, but well done to the political editors of those two!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The dictator in No.10 on 10:14 - Feb 4 with 6873 viewsGuthrum

The dictator in No.10 on 09:54 - Feb 4 by Swansea_Blue

And the Torygraph. I never thought I'd say it, but well done to the political editors of those two!

We have not yet become so factionalised in this country that journalists won't stick together when some are threatened.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 10:15]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The dictator in No.10 on 10:38 - Feb 4 with 6837 viewsHARRY10

The dictator in No.10 on 10:14 - Feb 4 by Guthrum

We have not yet become so factionalised in this country that journalists won't stick together when some are threatened.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 10:15]

I think journalists are well aware that they would lack credibility if they accepted some sort of cherry picking. And it should be remembered that a journalist does not always share the political persuasion of the paper he/she is writing for.

What this does show is a rather alarming bunker mentality fom No 10 - alarming that it should be in the first weeks of government, not the last. And the flailing around does not suggest any measure of competence as Johnson seems to be making stuff up on the hoof, as his claims and projections are being shot down on an almost daiy basis.

Today it would appear he doesn't grasp the climate crisis and doesn't know that the UK does not have a trade deal with Australia.
The dictator in No.10 on 10:53 - Feb 4 with 6816 viewsflimflam

The dictator in No.10 on 09:52 - Feb 4 by Swansea_Blue

I believe they were asked to leave as were not invited to the briefing.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

The dictator in No.10 on 10:54 - Feb 4 with 6806 viewsGuthrum

The dictator in No.10 on 10:53 - Feb 4 by flimflam

I believe they were asked to leave as were not invited to the briefing.

Those who were on the list left along with those who weren't.

The dictator in No.10 on 10:56 - Feb 4 with 6800 viewsflimflam

The dictator in No.10 on 10:54 - Feb 4 by Guthrum

Those who were on the list left along with those who weren't.

Yep they did I agree but would they have walked if the others present who were not invited were in the same room? Probably not.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 10:57]

Login to get fewer ads

The dictator in No.10 on 11:27 - Feb 4 with 6741 viewsGuthrum

The dictator in No.10 on 10:56 - Feb 4 by flimflam

Yep they did I agree but would they have walked if the others present who were not invited were in the same room? Probably not.

They were in the same room, divided by aides into two groups on either side after arrival, with one lot then being asked to leave. If they weren't in the same room and hadn't been told, then how could they have?

The dictator in No.10 on 12:18 - Feb 4 with 6684 viewsOxford_Blue

Do you understand what a fascist state is?
The dictator in No.10 on 12:24 - Feb 4 with 6655 viewsmonytowbray

The dictator in No.10 on 12:18 - Feb 4 by Oxford_Blue

He does I’d imagine. And control of the media is a huge part of it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The dictator in No.10 on 12:24 - Feb 4 with 6656 viewsHARRY10

The dictator in No.10 on 10:56 - Feb 4 by flimflam

you think one lot would not be in contact with the others ?
The dictator in No.10 on 12:25 - Feb 4 with 6653 viewsflimflam

The dictator in No.10 on 11:27 - Feb 4 by Guthrum

They were in the same room, divided by aides into two groups on either side after arrival, with one lot then being asked to leave. If they weren't in the same room and hadn't been told, then how could they have?

Thats what i said?

The ones who were asked to leave were not invited but rocked up anyway. If they had not turned up uninvited do you think the ones who were invited would have said they were leaving because their chums had not been invited? Not a chance.

The dictator in No.10 on 12:29 - Feb 4 with 6637 viewsflimflam

The dictator in No.10 on 12:24 - Feb 4 by HARRY10

you think one lot would not be in contact with the others ?

Probably but also probably do not care as all they want is an exclusive. Its what they thrive on.

You really think they care about other rags and their reporters. Its one of the most cut throat industries going.

The only reason they agreed to leave is because they were all in the same room so no place to hide.

Not saying its right having selective press present but to say they give a hoot about anyone else fighting for the same headline stories then I strongly disagree.

The dictator in No.10 on 12:31 - Feb 4 with 6627 viewslowhouseblue

The dictator in No.10 on 12:18 - Feb 4 by Oxford_Blue

fascist just means 'something I disagree with'. as in:

awarding that penalty was a bit fascist
continuing to play will norris is totally fascist
boris johnson is turning the british state all fascist.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The dictator in No.10 on 12:38 - Feb 4 with 6577 viewsGuthrum

The dictator in No.10 on 12:25 - Feb 4 by flimflam

Thats what i said?

The ones who were asked to leave were not invited but rocked up anyway. If they had not turned up uninvited do you think the ones who were invited would have said they were leaving because their chums had not been invited? Not a chance.

Was this not a general press conference following a speech, which was turned into a briefing for a more restricted group?

The dictator in No.10 on 12:40 - Feb 4 with 6571 viewsOxford_Blue

The dictator in No.10 on 12:31 - Feb 4 by lowhouseblue

Ha yes.

I’d like to see someone who had experience of a really fascist state - Germany in the 1930s, or Spain or Italy - he told that this country is in anyway near to that given the rule of law, operation of free elections, free press, free movement, protections of minorities under the law (and Johnson votes for same sex marriage for goodness sake).
The dictator in No.10 on 12:40 - Feb 4 with 6571 viewsflimflam

The dictator in No.10 on 12:38 - Feb 4 by Guthrum

Was this not a general press conference following a speech, which was turned into a briefing for a more restricted group?

As I understand it was a selective invite only and the other just turned up uninvited.

I may be wrong but sure that was how it was presented on the roger mellie last night.

The dictator in No.10 on 12:42 - Feb 4 with 6568 viewsflimflam

The dictator in No.10 on 12:38 - Feb 4 by Guthrum

Senior figures from the Daily Mail, Times, Sun, BBC and Sky were among those who refused to attend the event with David Frost, Boris Johnson's Europe advisor, in Westminster today.

They had been invited to the technical non-political briefing by the civil servant, but organisations including the Mirror, Independent, PA Media and the Huffington Post had not.

When senior political staff from those organisations learned of the briefing they came to Downing Street.

The dictator in No.10 on 12:50 - Feb 4 with 6538 viewsreusersfreekicks

The dictator in No.10 on 12:29 - Feb 4 by flimflam

Probably but also probably do not care as all they want is an exclusive. Its what they thrive on.

You really think they care about other rags and their reporters. Its one of the most cut throat industries going.

The only reason they agreed to leave is because they were all in the same room so no place to hide.

Not saying its right having selective press present but to say they give a hoot about anyone else fighting for the same headline stories then I strongly disagree.

Excellent rationalisation of attempt to control the press.
The dictator in No.10 on 12:59 - Feb 4 with 6506 viewsmonytowbray

The dictator in No.10 on 12:31 - Feb 4 by lowhouseblue

You’ll be one of the first asking how such a thing happened when we do reach peak fascism. And I’m sure a few will be there to remind you you were warned over and over but ignored it in favour of attacking the messenger.

Your moral compass is utterly bizarre.

TWTD never forgets…

The dictator in No.10 on 13:00 - Feb 4 with 6505 viewsGuthrum

The dictator in No.10 on 12:42 - Feb 4 by flimflam

Senior figures from the Daily Mail, Times, Sun, BBC and Sky were among those who refused to attend the event with David Frost, Boris Johnson's Europe advisor, in Westminster today.

They had been invited to the technical non-political briefing by the civil servant, but organisations including the Mirror, Independent, PA Media and the Huffington Post had not.

When senior political staff from those organisations learned of the briefing they came to Downing Street.

Even if that was the case (and I understood there was a general press conference involved, possibly as well as the briefing), it still shows the government being unduly selective with its press relations.

The dictator in No.10 on 13:01 - Feb 4 with 6498 viewsmonytowbray

The dictator in No.10 on 12:40 - Feb 4 by Oxford_Blue

Ha yes.

I’d like to see someone who had experience of a really fascist state - Germany in the 1930s, or Spain or Italy - he told that this country is in anyway near to that given the rule of law, operation of free elections, free press, free movement, protections of minorities under the law (and Johnson votes for same sex marriage for goodness sake).

You clearly don’t know many people on benefits or of a different race, do you?

TWTD never forgets…

The dictator in No.10 on 13:05 - Feb 4 with 6480 viewsr2d2

Id ban Laura Kuenssberg, if it meant we saw less of her.
The dictator in No.10 on 13:13 - Feb 4 with 6442 viewshampstead_blue

The dictator in No.10 on 12:42 - Feb 4 by flimflam

turning-up to make sure the other journalists didn't go in.

Maybe they did create a whatsup group and stage it, who knows. Did they have their own presser stating their own reasons?

Maybe it was solidarity, maybe it wasn't. Who knows until they tell us.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024