Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team 10:52 - Feb 4 with 5791 viewsskyblue23

One thing I notice that is different from last season is we as fans have gone from singing “every little thing is going to be alright” when the times got tough, people defended Evans for “saving” our club and Paul Lambert was credited for getting the fans back on board. To now just slating our own players, booing the manager/players and calling out Evans for the lack of transfers to strengthen the promotion push. I’m not immune from this either so this isn’t a dig at those people, we’re in a lower league where our good start has now become doubtful if we’ll even make the play offs.

We as fans need to make our mind up. We can’t go on 3 game win streak, Lambert is a blue again, Evans saved our club blah blah blah. We either need to get behind the team win, lose or draw. Promotion or no promotion we support them no matter what. Or we go the other route, even if we win a few games and it all seems good again, there still needs to be calls for Evans to sort the club out, Lambert to be questioned on what’s already happened this season.

We can’t keep changing our mind game by game. If we as fans are going to make a difference for this club we need to either be Evans/Lambert out and make it known, or get behind the team no matter how much we lose by to a top 6 contender.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 10:55 - Feb 4 with 3420 viewsagravenor

IMO, we should give all our support win lose or draw at least until the end of the season. We can be the 12th man and make the difference between promotion or the foreseeable future in this awful league.

At least during the 90mins game time we should be giving our support
Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 11:10 - Feb 4 with 3374 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

That whole every little thing rubbish at the end of last season is part of the wider problem. The acceptance to see this club slipping in to league one under a poor manger and an inept owner was pretty grim.

Lambert should've gone in Jan.
Evans out isn't an argument cause atm there is nobody to replace him, but he is the main cause of the problems 100%.

Lets see where we are at end of the season, if we don't go up, we cant just accept that and sit in the stands and clap, we have to finally wake up and realise this isn't good enough.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 11:12 - Feb 4 with 3366 viewsTractorgirlforever

Get behind the team 100%,
Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 11:15 - Feb 4 with 3345 viewsfooters

Support the team 110%, and then if things still aren't going well you can backtrack 10% while still being fully behind the team.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 11:19 - Feb 4 with 3337 viewsskyblue23

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 11:10 - Feb 4 by TRUE_BLUE123

That whole every little thing rubbish at the end of last season is part of the wider problem. The acceptance to see this club slipping in to league one under a poor manger and an inept owner was pretty grim.

Lambert should've gone in Jan.
Evans out isn't an argument cause atm there is nobody to replace him, but he is the main cause of the problems 100%.

Lets see where we are at end of the season, if we don't go up, we cant just accept that and sit in the stands and clap, we have to finally wake up and realise this isn't good enough.

I pretty much see it like that too. Give it 100% backing until the end of the season, if we fail we all need to stand up to what’s going on and stop the happy clappy rubbish. Until we fail though we get behind the team win lose or draw.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 11:28 - Feb 4 with 3284 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 11:19 - Feb 4 by skyblue23

I pretty much see it like that too. Give it 100% backing until the end of the season, if we fail we all need to stand up to what’s going on and stop the happy clappy rubbish. Until we fail though we get behind the team win lose or draw.

Agreed

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 11:32 - Feb 4 with 3285 viewsArnieM

My personal position on the Evans debate ......

I am NOT an Evans fan. But I can’t see personally what I can do to remove him, nor indeed, how, or who should replace the current owner.

We all moan from time to time about a Town. Lord knows we’ve put up with enough crap for so long now, it’s understandable. However there’s an element of Town fans that do nothing but moan. Accuse/ abuse other fans who like me are actually at a loss as to what should/ could be fine to resolve this Clubs demise, but are not ( as so often accused by those that habitually moan) ,
“apathetic”, “accepting “, “happy clappers” , “ lack ambition “, to name but a few insults so often levied , but in actual fact suffer EXACTLY the same concerns, fears, frustrations about the Club as the more vociferous section of the fan base. There really isn’t a split in the fan base with regards to what we all want to see , namely , attractive football, promotions, developing our own players through to the first team.

So to all those fans that continual moan about Evans being the owner (Usually after Town have lost a game), my questions to you are this.

1) What SPECIFICALLY are the changes you want to see happen?

2) What are YOU actually DOING NOW to bring about the change you want?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 11:43 - Feb 4 with 3248 viewslazyblue

The big gripe I have with the fans is that so many thought it would be a good thing for the club to go down to league one then get upset we can’t actually afford to get anybody in and then will complain when we sell Downes and Woolfenden in the summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 11:45 - Feb 4 with 3225 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 11:32 - Feb 4 by ArnieM

My personal position on the Evans debate ......

I am NOT an Evans fan. But I can’t see personally what I can do to remove him, nor indeed, how, or who should replace the current owner.

We all moan from time to time about a Town. Lord knows we’ve put up with enough crap for so long now, it’s understandable. However there’s an element of Town fans that do nothing but moan. Accuse/ abuse other fans who like me are actually at a loss as to what should/ could be fine to resolve this Clubs demise, but are not ( as so often accused by those that habitually moan) ,
“apathetic”, “accepting “, “happy clappers” , “ lack ambition “, to name but a few insults so often levied , but in actual fact suffer EXACTLY the same concerns, fears, frustrations about the Club as the more vociferous section of the fan base. There really isn’t a split in the fan base with regards to what we all want to see , namely , attractive football, promotions, developing our own players through to the first team.

So to all those fans that continual moan about Evans being the owner (Usually after Town have lost a game), my questions to you are this.

1) What SPECIFICALLY are the changes you want to see happen?

2) What are YOU actually DOING NOW to bring about the change you want?

Evans needs to bring in someone who gets football to bridge the gap between manager and hierarchy. Lee O'Neil to me doesn't seem like that guy.

He needs to be better at business in terms of selling.. We sold Waghorn for cheap. He had most combined goals and assists in the league and he was going for less than strikers who couldn't hit a cows arse.

Whilst it is up to him, where the club is now, I would like to see him sit down in a room at an AGM with Town fans and be asked questions as to the current state of the club. We are a pretty mild mannered bunch nothing would happen, but there are questions in my opinion that need answering

GET BEHIND THE TEAM! on 11:52 - Feb 4 with 3204 viewsFixed_It

And that means all of them, irrespective of mistakes/preferences etc. If we do, we will go up, of that I am sure. If we make it toxic, and put the players under pressure, we'll fail to get promoted and the consequences of that don't bear thinking about. We can and will make a difference either way...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:05 - Feb 4 with 3159 viewsr2d2

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 11:43 - Feb 4 by lazyblue

The big gripe I have with the fans is that so many thought it would be a good thing for the club to go down to league one then get upset we can’t actually afford to get anybody in and then will complain when we sell Downes and Woolfenden in the summer.

Yes, how people ever thought going down was a good idea is beyond me. I couldnt understand it then and definitely cant see the benefits now. As someone once said, numbskulls.
Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:12 - Feb 4 with 3112 viewsGuthrum

To be fair, not really very many people (at least on here) actually thought it was a good idea to get relegated. Those who posted in favour of that tended to be outnumbered by people replying what a daft idea it was.

I was deeply saddened by losing our record of long tenure in the top two divisions, with only eight clubs (all Prem stalwarts*) being able to claim longer.

* OK, it includes West Ham, but they have been up there a fair while now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:19 - Feb 4 with 3074 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I dont think many genuinely thought that. It was probably more a case of looking for a silver lining.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:20 - Feb 4 with 3082 viewsitfcjoe

Think posts aimed at the fans are a bit silly, there is a lot of noise on social media and here (which i am well aware I contribute to and am part of) but the fans in the ground have been unbelievable.

Selling out every away end, 22k on Saturday and generally good support through games (far better than the play deserves).

there will be days when it turns, Saturday was one when we were so pathetic on the pitch can you really blame the fans.

But as a fanbase we have been very, very good in stadiums, and much better than the players are showing on the pitch - we've been in rubbish form for half a season now

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:20 - Feb 4 with 3070 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 11:45 - Feb 4 by TRUE_BLUE123

Evans needs to bring in someone who gets football to bridge the gap between manager and hierarchy. Lee O'Neil to me doesn't seem like that guy.

He needs to be better at business in terms of selling.. We sold Waghorn for cheap. He had most combined goals and assists in the league and he was going for less than strikers who couldn't hit a cows arse.

Whilst it is up to him, where the club is now, I would like to see him sit down in a room at an AGM with Town fans and be asked questions as to the current state of the club. We are a pretty mild mannered bunch nothing would happen, but there are questions in my opinion that need answering

I agree, we seem to have NO real infrastructure, the club is rudderless with no real strategy.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:21 - Feb 4 with 3073 viewsReuser_is_God

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:20 - Feb 4 by itfcjoe

Think posts aimed at the fans are a bit silly, there is a lot of noise on social media and here (which i am well aware I contribute to and am part of) but the fans in the ground have been unbelievable.

Selling out every away end, 22k on Saturday and generally good support through games (far better than the play deserves).

there will be days when it turns, Saturday was one when we were so pathetic on the pitch can you really blame the fans.

But as a fanbase we have been very, very good in stadiums, and much better than the players are showing on the pitch - we've been in rubbish form for half a season now

Also I think showing frustration after a 4-1 defeat in that manner to a promotion rival is perfectly justifiable.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:23 - Feb 4 with 3064 viewsIllinoisblue

Shambert is going to bring in Terry Butcher as a coach according to a rumour on Twitter.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:24 - Feb 4 with 3048 viewsReuser_is_God

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:23 - Feb 4 by Illinoisblue

Shambert is going to bring in Terry Butcher as a coach according to a rumour on Twitter.

Was just about to post this.

I think it would be a good move purely to get a fresh voice in there. Or am I clutching at straws?

Evans out

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:25 - Feb 4 with 3035 viewsGuthrum

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:23 - Feb 4 by Illinoisblue

I thought he was coaching in China?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:26 - Feb 4 with 3042 viewsIllinoisblue

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:24 - Feb 4 by Reuser_is_God

Was just about to post this.

I think it would be a good move purely to get a fresh voice in there. Or am I clutching at straws?

Big Tel hasn’t exactly got a great coaching record but at this point a new voice and some diversionary PR might not be a bad thing

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:29 - Feb 4 with 3011 viewsReuser_is_God

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:26 - Feb 4 by Illinoisblue

Big Tel hasn’t exactly got a great coaching record but at this point a new voice and some diversionary PR might not be a bad thing

That's exactly my thoughts.

Evans out

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:30 - Feb 4 with 3004 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:26 - Feb 4 by Illinoisblue

Can be a good coach without being a good manager.

Steve McClaren.
Bryan Kidd.
Sammy Lee.
Mike Phelan.

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:36 - Feb 4 with 2966 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:25 - Feb 4 by Guthrum

I thought he was coaching in China?

Probably not anymore!

The major point that you miss..... on 12:50 - Feb 4 with 2930 viewsBloots

....is that whatever the fans do, it makes absolutely sod all difference when the club is being owned/run/managed by such a hopeless group of jizztrumpets.

Bearing that in mind the fans can do whatever they want (within reason).

Live and let live.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 13:00 - Feb 4 with 2877 viewsr2d2

Id put him straight in the back 4. Even at his age he would show most of this rabble up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024