Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something has not come back 21:26 - Feb 4 with 4466 viewsgroovyASH

The dust has settled on a week we were smacked by Rotherham and Peterborough. Usually some form of perverse hope or optimism has returned to me by now, but it hasn't come back this time. Just don't think I have it in me to care about this club anymore.

Maybe chronic let down and disappointment does catch up with you eventually

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Something has not come back on 06:10 - Feb 5 with 3794 viewspeterleeblue

Blimey some right fannies on here.
Its two defeats. We are fourth in the table. Not 14th (yet anyway).

COYB!
Something has not come back on 06:52 - Feb 5 with 3741 viewsnoggin

Something has not come back on 06:10 - Feb 5 by peterleeblue

Blimey some right fannies on here.
Its two defeats. We are fourth in the table. Not 14th (yet anyway).

COYB!

They weren’t just defeats though. We were completely outclassed by both the mighty Rotherham and Peterborough.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Something has not come back on 06:55 - Feb 5 with 3728 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Something has not come back on 06:52 - Feb 5 by noggin

They weren’t just defeats though. We were completely outclassed by both the mighty Rotherham and Peterborough.

It’s also not just 2 defeats

We’ve won 5 league games since 6th October

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Something has not come back on 07:00 - Feb 5 with 3720 viewsKeaneish

Something has not come back on 06:52 - Feb 5 by noggin

I’d hardly say we were outclassed by Peterborough. We gave them four goals!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Something has not come back on 07:08 - Feb 5 with 3703 viewsChrisd

Perhaps it's the reality of our situation groovyASH and it's finally kicking in? When you see performances like we've produced over the last couple of games you begin to accept we aren't a particularly good side. Our current 4th place might disguise that, but our form against others in the top 6 is on a downward trend. It's hard to ignore the fact we got thoroughly outplayed by our nearest rivals that we aren't up to the job of getting promoted.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Something has not come back on 08:17 - Feb 5 with 3576 viewsr2d2

Watching both Oxford and Coventry last night lm afraid we are light years from the football they play. Im not sure what Lambert coaches at all nowadays. After Rotherham and Peterborough l havent any faith at all.
Something has not come back on 08:23 - Feb 5 with 3554 viewsGeoffSentence

Something has not come back on 07:00 - Feb 5 by Keaneish

They were better than us in every respect.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Something has not come back on 08:46 - Feb 5 with 3503 viewsPinewoodblue

They were both better prepared, better drilled. They played together as a team and executed the instructions of the manager and coaching staff.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Something has not come back on 08:52 - Feb 5 with 3485 viewsKeaneish

Something has not come back on 08:23 - Feb 5 by GeoffSentence

They were better than us in every respect.

Wasn't difficult though was it? I wouldn't say Peterborough outclassed us, we were just absolutely pathetic, gave them their goals and rolled over. Other than Toney's great lay-off to set Dembele away and Szomdic's quality in the number 10 role, i thought they were pretty ordinary which says a lot for how unforgivably bad we were.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Something has not come back on 09:09 - Feb 5 with 3437 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Normally when we lose I have a moan and I forget about it on the Sunday.

I am still mad about the Peterborough game

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Something has not come back on 10:31 - Feb 5 with 3340 viewsLankHenners

Something has not come back on 08:52 - Feb 5 by Keaneish

Wasn't difficult though was it? I wouldn't say Peterborough outclassed us, we were just absolutely pathetic, gave them their goals and rolled over. Other than Toney's great lay-off to set Dembele away and Szomdic's quality in the number 10 role, i thought they were pretty ordinary which says a lot for how unforgivably bad we were.

'We were so bad we got turned over by an average side' isn't any better really is it?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Something has not come back on 10:35 - Feb 5 with 3325 viewsSouperJim

After Rotherham, where we simply didn't turn up, my thoughts were we are still mentally very fragile. We lacked the courage to be brave on the ball against the millers in the face of their very effective robust approach. We got dragged into playing the game their way, which we are awful at, couldn't string two passes together and only managed 10 minutes or so at the end of the game where we showed any signs of life.

Before Peterborough I was thinking this is a massive game for us, not for the result, but for the performance. We needed to turn up and show some fight in the face of adversity. I didn't feel we needed to win the game, it was just important not to lose it if possible and certainly not with a poor performance. Unfortunately fate is a cruel mistress and after starting the game in somewhat encouraging fashion, the nature of the first goal knocked the wind out of us. It was Wycombe all over again, officials conspiring to put us on the wrong end of farcical scenes.

I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty, it clearly was, but the away side managing to get a decision overturned seemed psychologically very damaging. And then Norris having another calamitous moment even more so. When you're stuck in a pattern of things going wrong for you, those kind of big moments are tough to come back from. It really showed second half and two more goals really thumped home that fragility.

In short it was the worst possible way to follow the weak performance at Rotherham and I feel the damage done to our confidence now will be massive. At least we've got a nice easy fixture this weekend to try and find our way back?

Oh. We don't get much luck, do we?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Something has not come back on 10:47 - Feb 5 with 3296 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Something has not come back on 10:31 - Feb 5 by LankHenners

'We were so bad we got turned over by an average side' isn't any better really is it?

‘Peterborough weren’t much better than us, we were just much worse than them’

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Something has not come back on 11:43 - Feb 5 with 3192 viewsbobbyramsey

Something has not come back on 08:46 - Feb 5 by Pinewoodblue

They were both better prepared, better drilled. They played together as a team and executed the instructions of the manager and coaching staff.

Like what any team at this level should be able to do.......

Oh....
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 11:43]
Yeah, but.... on 11:53 - Feb 5 with 3156 viewsBloots

Something has not come back on 10:47 - Feb 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

‘Peterborough weren’t much better than us, we were just much worse than them’

....we'd be top of the league if the other teams didn't keep winning games.

It's not our fault.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Something has not come back on 12:02 - Feb 5 with 3129 viewslazyblue

Feel that Peterborough game was one of those crazy games which would have been fine had we bit gone down 2-0 so early and with such a pathetic goal which sucked all energy out of us and the players and with Garbutt going off was just the wrong player at wrong time for us in what was already a fragile defence.
Something has not come back on 12:39 - Feb 5 with 3033 viewsBluedandy

I have absolutely no faith in those who currently steer HMS Ipswich but will go down with the ship come what may ...
Something has not come back on 13:00 - Feb 5 with 2939 viewsBiGDonnie

Something has not come back on 06:55 - Feb 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Jheeze, that's ridiculous. He really isn't very good, Lambert, is he?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Something has not come back on 13:04 - Feb 5 with 2926 viewsTractorCam

Something has not come back on 06:55 - Feb 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Back then we were 7 points clear of 3rd place now we're 5 points off top, don't get this 'we have no reason to be negative' attitude.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Something has not come back on 13:18 - Feb 5 with 2856 viewsBergholtblue

A win at Sunderland and a win at Wimbledon and everything in the garden will look rosy again. You wait and seen.

There again, lose to Sunderland and we will be even deeper in the mire.

A must win game Sunderland!!

Poll: Adidas or Umbro?

Something has not come back on 13:22 - Feb 5 with 2839 viewsPecker

I feel your pain. I am guessing you are still just a pup. You get use to it as you get older and have followed the Town for many years. It is part and parcel of it I'm afraid.
Something has not come back on 13:28 - Feb 5 with 2798 viewsLankHenners

Something has not come back on 13:04 - Feb 5 by TractorCam

Back then we were 7 points clear of 3rd place now we're 5 points off top, don't get this 'we have no reason to be negative' attitude.

It's a softening down and lowering of expectations from the club to make it look like they're doing a good job and any criticism is unreasonable.

The club needs to stop wallowing in self-pity and hold itself to higher expectations rather than the manager come out and shout at the fans and media when a poor-to-mediocre run is pointed out as not being very good.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Something has not come back on 13:33 - Feb 5 with 2760 viewsBluedandy

Something has not come back on 13:22 - Feb 5 by Pecker

I feel your pain. I am guessing you are still just a pup. You get use to it as you get older and have followed the Town for many years. It is part and parcel of it I'm afraid.

You must be pretty old if you remember the pain of following Town in the Third Division South.
Something has not come back on 13:43 - Feb 5 with 2715 viewsmadmouse1959

It is not only the up and downs with the level of football we play that myth me. It is the fact there is little sign of Evans changing anything to really benefit the fortunes at this club.
We have had Clegg, Milne and now O'Neill offering little comfort whilst Evans just drags this demise on from one season to the next. The moans and groans on this forum has seen little change over the last 10 seasons. Nothing will change until there is nothing in it for Evans anymore. I dread that day because that will probably mean the attendances have plummeted or we are in League Two. .

shampoo dave

Something has not come back on 14:18 - Feb 5 with 2645 viewstextbackup

Something has not come back on 07:00 - Feb 5 by Keaneish

We made them look much better than they are with clueless football.... however many aspects of what they done were miles better than what we could produce.

Sammy S for example, everything we’ve missed from a midfielder in 10 years
Toney lead line fanatically
Defence strong

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024