Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any recommendations for a weekend away.... 10:54 - Feb 5 with 2928 viewsitfcjoe

....with kids, within a drive of Ipswich, next weekend.

Thought I'd try and pick something up last minute, but now realised it is school holidays so some things are mega overpriced.

Think something like a caravan park (seems a lot don't open until March) or Center Parcs (school holidays so no deals available)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 10:59 - Feb 5 with 2884 viewsChondzoresk

Try North Norfolk. Plenty of caravan parks around Cromer/Sheringham and Hunstanton.
Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:04 - Feb 5 with 2861 viewsitfcjoe

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 10:59 - Feb 5 by Chondzoresk

Try North Norfolk. Plenty of caravan parks around Cromer/Sheringham and Hunstanton.

Struggling to find anything open in February

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:05 - Feb 5 with 2857 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 10:59 - Feb 5 by Chondzoresk

Was about to post the exact same thing, plus one for me

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:17 - Feb 5 with 2820 viewsSouperJim

How old are your kids? Travelodge have got £30 family rooms over half term, so could use a room as a base and do two days out to local attractions. Probably works out a fair bit cheaper than most other options even factoring in eating out etc.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:20 - Feb 5 with 2807 viewsitfcjoe

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:17 - Feb 5 by SouperJim

How old are your kids? Travelodge have got £30 family rooms over half term, so could use a room as a base and do two days out to local attractions. Probably works out a fair bit cheaper than most other options even factoring in eating out etc.

3 and 1, so hotel rooms don't work that well at the moment sadly

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:22 - Feb 5 with 2793 viewsHerbivore

There's a campsite in Burnham Deepdale that also has a hostel attached which I think has family rooms (the rooms have their own bathroom so it doesn't feel like a hostel). It's a lovely area and they're open year round.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:23 - Feb 5 with 2786 viewsSouperJim

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:20 - Feb 5 by itfcjoe

3 and 1, so hotel rooms don't work that well at the moment sadly

I feel your pain, my youngest is 2 and just leaving the house often seems like far more trouble than it's worth.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:26 - Feb 5 with 2773 viewshomer_123

Weekend? Depends on the age of the kids but Ickworth is a decent place for a weekend.

Hotel, Pool, Bikes, Walks, House and Gardens etc.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:29 - Feb 5 with 2753 viewsclive_baker

I hear Sunderland is nice this time of year.

Failing that I would also recommend North Norfolk. Or Whitstable, but perhaps a little less there to keep the kids entertained.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:36 - Feb 5 with 2721 viewscodiblue

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:29 - Feb 5 by clive_baker

Failing that I would also recommend North Norfolk. Or Whitstable, but perhaps a little less there to keep the kids entertained.

Butlins
Our kids love it.
Not weather dependent.
But price varies between accommodation and "resort"
Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:44 - Feb 5 with 2686 viewsGeoffSentence

Bath.

There are caravan parks just outside it.

Lovely countryside around it and full of great stuff to spend your time on.

https://bwml.co.uk/bath-marina/
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 11:45]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:48 - Feb 5 with 2666 viewsunstableblue

I'm sure you've probably been but North Norfolk coast as someone mentioned is a real winner, just stunning beaches, pubs, towns, kid friendly. Really recommend Brancaster Staithe end, sometimes more availability and still close to the must go to Holkham Beach. Albeit beaches at Brancaster also beaautiful with big dunes.

Holiday Lettings from Trip Advisor can be good. Also heading in land a bit for accommodation may be cheaper and more available.

Have fun!

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 12:06 - Feb 5 with 2607 viewsjontysnut

https://sundownadventureland.co.uk/

under 10s kids theme park sort of between Retford and Lincoln. Opens next Sat. I don't know if there's anywhere worth staying.
Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 12:08 - Feb 5 with 2597 viewsgiant_stow

This place is nice: https://www.hermanusholidays.com/

Not that much on site, other than a bar and outddoor pool, but wthin shouting distance of lots of nice stuff and good value.

If you have a dog Winterton's beach is very popular and it also has seals to gawp at. Lovely dunes there too.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 12:09]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 12:22 - Feb 5 with 2540 viewsChondzoresk

Broadstairs, Kent. Great place, quaint, good pubs.
Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 12:23 - Feb 5 with 2533 viewsNewcyBlue

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:29 - Feb 5 by clive_baker

It’s not nice any time of year.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 12:24 - Feb 5 with 2527 viewsNewcyBlue

How much of a drive? AirBnB an option?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 19:19 - Feb 5 with 2317 viewsBluefish

Clippesby Hall

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 09:42 - Feb 6 with 2117 viewsPinewoodblue

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 11:04 - Feb 5 by itfcjoe

Struggling to find anything open in February

Searles leisure park, Hunstanton are open at half term. Won an award from AA best holiday resort 2019.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Any recommendations for a weekend away.... on 10:28 - Feb 6 with 2084 viewsOxford_Blue

Cottage in Aldeburgh or Southwold. You’ve got the coast, good pubs, great walking, Thorpeness nearby, Adnams brewery, bike hire, etc etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024